Swayable National: Biden 30, Warren 18, Sanders 17, Buttigieg 7, Harris 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:21:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Swayable National: Biden 30, Warren 18, Sanders 17, Buttigieg 7, Harris 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Swayable National: Biden 30, Warren 18, Sanders 17, Buttigieg 7, Harris 5  (Read 1060 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2019, 03:26:38 AM »

I've never heard of the pollster. LV and RV numbers differ.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:03:13 AM »

Another poll showing corrupted Biden in the lead
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 09:38:16 AM »

This poll suggests that there will be a disparity between registered voters and likely voter screens, which I'm sure the media will not cover or care about and will present to viewers/readers as "sudden shifts in the race!"
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 11:05:07 AM »

I prefer the RV numbers. This seems like a weird poll though.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 04:52:39 PM »

This poll suggests that there will be a disparity between registered voters and likely voter screens, which I'm sure the media will not cover or care about and will present to viewers/readers as "sudden shifts in the race!"

I mean, obviously though. Turnout in even high-profile, competitive primaries is terrible, so of course when only 30% of registered voters vote, you'll have a big difference between RV and LV results.

It's surprising that they show Sanders doing better with RVs than LVs, though. In 2016, it was the opposite (thus his stronger showings in caucus states).
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 07:35:15 PM »

I mean, obviously though. Turnout in even high-profile, competitive primaries is terrible, so of course when only 30% of registered voters vote, you'll have a big difference between RV and LV results.

It's surprising that they show Sanders doing better with RVs than LVs, though. In 2016, it was the opposite (thus his stronger showings in caucus states).

Sanders' 2016 voters are younger and less tuned in to the political apparatus right now. It makes sense.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 10:08:59 PM »

538 seems to have acquired their numbers for all candidates down to 1%. Just scroll down to Nov. 20, 2019 (or search for "Swayable") and it will show the whole list of polls, among both adults and likely voters. Normally 538 includes those who polled at zero percent, so it's odd that they are not listed here. It would make more sense with a open-ended question (which has a potential for infinite candidates at zero), but they make it explicit in their methodology section that the candidates were read from a list:

Each respondent was presented with a randomized list of all Democratic and Republican candidates from which to make selections.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies