Far right in Europe (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:59:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Far right in Europe (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Far right in Europe  (Read 794 times)
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« on: November 23, 2019, 11:44:46 AM »
« edited: November 23, 2019, 11:47:47 AM by Mike88 »

I can talk about Portugal. The surprising, but not that surprising really, rise of Chega in the 2019 elections and their surge in recent polls surprised many. I don't like them, particularly Ventura, because I find unsupportable the hypocrisy of defending the fight against corrupt elites and, at the same time, attacking those who want to investigate his football club for, you guessed it, corruption. But, I acknowledge he has found an opportunity in the current Portuguese mood. Right now, like one pundit said yesterday, we're seeing the very slow disintegration of the Portuguese State, with police, nurses, doctors, teachers, and others, all fighting for better conditions in their work places and realizing the government has no response to their problems. Even today, CGTP leader Arménio Carlos, one of the PCP main unions, said rightwing/far-right movements are increasing in Portugal due to the government's lack of response. And I'm not even going to talk about the dept of corruption.

So, the Denmark solution could be a way for Portugal. If either the PS or PSD tried to respond to some problems in the country, these movements could stop growing. Right now, the PS is refusing any talks with smaller parties like Chega or IL, while the PSD has already met with Chega to discuss possible bridges.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies