Some Arabs Call for Engaging Israel Instead of Shunning it
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:08:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Some Arabs Call for Engaging Israel Instead of Shunning it
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some Arabs Call for Engaging Israel Instead of Shunning it  (Read 564 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 22, 2019, 08:54:19 AM »

Arab initiative rejects BDS movement, seeks new Israeli-Palestinian talks
Arab initiative aims to repudiate BDS movement, renew Israeli-Palestinian dialogue

Numerous public figures from the Arab world, representing 15 countries throughout the region, came together on Tuesday and Wednesday to reject the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, in addition to calling for greater direct civil relations between Israel and their countries, the London Jewish Chronicle reported.

The conference included a declaration-signing ceremony, forming a group called the Arab Council for Regional Integration, which was followed by an extensive discussion on endemic issues in the Middle East, such as relations with Israel, regional economic cooperation and Islamic extremism. The delegates also discussed the lack of reconciliation between Egypt and Israel, and Jordan and Israel, since the signing in the “cold peace” treaties signed in the 1990s.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 09:10:18 AM »

I'd welcome such talks, though I'm skeptical relations between most Arab nations and Israel will ease within the next few years. First and for most, the hardliners on both sides need to get out of power.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 03:15:49 AM »
« Edited: November 24, 2019, 03:30:47 AM by Meclazine »

Not sure whether the Arab nations are capable of agreeing on anything.

In my last 40 years of memory, they dont appear to have a strong standing in producing peaceful and free environments for people to flourish.

Examples:

1. Gang-raping Egyptian and western women in public political gatherings in Cairo.

2. Public beheadings of infidels and political prisoners.

3. Burning people live in cages.

They are not sending their best. Last time i checked, they dont do this stuff in Israel.

Hopefully, instagram, facebook, google and apple will show their next generation or Arab people what freedom looks like.

I have seen enough crap on Facebook Messenger about Arab ideals of freedom, and i cant imagine anyone wanting to move there.

In particular, western women are enjoying a rennaissance of freedom, so Arab women will be envious.

Not saying that social media apps are the best example of how to live life, but the democratization of the planet is a corollary of their existence.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 03:31:55 AM »

First and for most, the hardliners on both sides need to get out of power.

Yup. The problem is that both Hamas and Likud benefit from continued hostility as a way of justifying their own existence, so they have an interest in sabotaging the peace process. As long as they aren't rejected by their respective constituencies, nothing will change.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies