2008 with a larger field
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:58:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 with a larger field
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2008 with a larger field  (Read 12468 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2021, 09:53:27 PM »

August 27, 2008: Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey accepts Democratic Vice Presidential Nomination; V.P. nominee calls for unity
"Wesley Clark and I have traveled across America, speaking with you, listening to you, and sharing our vision with you. Across this country, we hear the same thing time and time again. People are concerned about the present, but optimistic that we can overcome the challenges we currently face. I couldn't agree more. And this election is all about how we move forward to address an economy moving in the wrong direction, rising costs of health care and education, a climate crisis, and growing deficits and debt. Our Democratic Party has nominated a candidate for President who early on in this campaign put forth a detailed agenda to address these challenges and others. It is no secret that Wesley Clark and I competed for the nomination of our party for President. When he asked me to join this ticket as your vice presidential nominee, we both acknowledged that there are a few areas where we have minor disagreements. But on the vast majority of issues, we have always been in agreement. And our values are the same. Wesley Clark and I believe as you do that the economy works best when everyone can enjoy in prosperity. Like you, we believe that we can and must both promote the creation of good paying jobs and maintain a safety net. Like you, we believe that equality under the law is essential, and that the promotion of civil rights and human rights are essential to fulfilling America's promise for all. Like you, we believe that health care is a right to be enjoyed by all, not a privilege reserved for a few. And like you, we believe that climate change is real and must be addressed. Wesley Clark and I are committed to putting in place policies that embrace the values all of us believe in. Tonight, I ask Democrats and all Americans to join us as we look to unite our country and address the challenges of this moment" - Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee

August 28, 2008: Retired General Wesley Clark accepts Democratic Presidential Nomination; candidate calls for an "era of opportunity and equality"
"I'm proud to have worn the uniform of our country for nearly four decades. I have built alliances with our allies around the world, worked on budget matters in Washington D.C., and helped businesses succeed in the private sector. I have the experience and judgment to lead our country in a new, more hopeful, and more unifying direction. Tonight, I call on all Americans to join us as we seek to usher in an era of opportunity and equality. Let us move towards greater opportunity and equality by making sure we lead the world, restore growth and fairness to our economy, and advance our socially progressive values. If elected President, I'll work with our allies to address areas of common concern and take advantage of common opportunities. Together, we can and must promote human rights, worker's rights, and address climate change. Here at home, I'll work to create an economy that advances opportunity and equality for all. My economic plan will lower taxes for 98% of Americans and Main Street businesses while establishing new tax incentives that will encourage job creation in communities left behind during the last economic expansion. My plan invests in education, job training, clean energy, and infrastructure. This is how we'll create good paying jobs, bridge the gap between rich and poor, ensure income is not a barrier to education and job training, and do all we can to take on climate change. My plan will expand the G.I. bill and increase the number of choices veterans have in health care because we have a moral obligation to support our veterans. I'll work to advance social justice and civil rights. That's why I've called for passing the equal rights amendment, making paid medical leave universal, enacting criminal justice reform, increasing enforcement of the Equal Pay Act of 1965, raising the federal minimum wage to $12 over three years, and expanding Medicaid to ensure everyone has access to affordable health insurance because like you, I believe health care is a right. I believe in an America where opportunity and equality are available to all because that is the America our people work towards. These times of challenge require us to reflect on what is expected of us, and what we are going to do to ensure a more hopeful future. Together, let's forget what divides us and instead focus on those things that unite us. Let's work together to advance the cause of opportunity and equality. Let's work to ensure America continues to be a nation of hope and possibility" - Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark
BushKerry04

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2021, 09:42:53 PM »

September 3, 2008: U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska accepts Republican Vice Presidential Nomination
"My fellow Americans, Mitt Romney and I are ready to go to work to help put Americans back to work. The economic agenda Mitt Romney has proposed will help our economy do just that. Tax cuts for all Americans and businesses, returning more regulatory powers to states, health care reform that lowers the cost of insurance, real plans to reduce the deficit and debt, and entitlement reform that preserves safety net programs are the pillars of the Romney economic agenda, an agenda that will help restore prosperity to our economy. And Mitt Romney has a record of achievement in restoring growth to companies and a state economy. As Governor of Massachusetts, Mitt Romney worked with a Democratic legislature and was able to get things done to help restore growth to the economy of Massachusetts while exercising fiscal responsibility. That is the kind of leadership we need right now. Mitt Romney and I are committed to putting aside constant partisanship and showmanship in Washington D.C. to deliver real results for the American people. Make no mistake about it, Mitt Romney and I will always stand up for what we believe in regardless of the politics of public opinion surveys. But we also know that it's essential that our elected representatives work for the people of this country and therefore, have a moral obligation to compromise in order to solve problems. During my time in Washington D.C., I've learned that far too often, the solutions to the challenges we face seem distant in the halls of Congress. Despite this, I'm proud of having worked with members of both parties to get things done on behalf of the people of Alaska and our country. I'm proud to have stood up for environmental protection, strengthening civil rights, and voted to keep taxes low. I believe that America does best when we are united in purpose and able to put aside our policy differences to work for the common good" - U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, Republican Vice Presidential Nominee   

September 4, 2008: Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney accepts Republican Presidential Nomination
"I accept your nomination for President ready to use my experience in business and state government to change the culture of Washington D.C. and pursue policies that will ensure our nation is prosperous. Tonight, I want to tell you about who I am and what my vision for America is. I was raised in the heartland of America, where I learned the value of hard work, treating all with respect, and telling the truth. I'm a Washington outsider who has twenty-five years of experience in private business. I understand how companies are successful, and I'm proud to have helped turn struggling businesses around by coming up with strategies to help them deliver quality products and services that consumers want, create jobs, and serve communities across this country. It's this experience that prepared me to serve as CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics. Thanks to the hard work of a talented team and countless volunteers, we were able to make those games a success. For four years, I had the honor to serve the people of Massachusetts as Governor. Working with professionals within my administration, a Democratic legislature, various stakeholders, and the people of my state, I'm proud to report that we were able to reform welfare, maintain quality education, help our citizens access affordable health insurance without a government-run plan, cut taxes 19 times, and turn around a budget gap to the point where we increased our state's rainy day fund. Now, at this hour of economic uncertainty, I'm ready to use my experience to implement the economic plan I put forth early on in this campaign. I propose lowering taxes on job creators and individuals, freezing new federal business regulations, and returning more regulatory power to states, controlling the growth in federal spending while implementing the Penny Plan to reduce the deficit and debt, allowing markets to work to reduce the cost of health insurance and states to have greater flexibility over Medicaid dollars, and preserving social security and medicare by means-testing these programs and raising the retirement age for future beneficiaries. These proposals will help restore growth to the American economy, fiscal responsibility to Washington D.C., and help preserve critical safety net programs that those on fixed incomes rely on. I am ready to lead America towards an era of unprecedented prosperity for all of our people" - Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2021, 07:38:40 PM »

September 5th 2008:   Dan Quayle breaks away from Republican Party, holds “Quayle party convention”, nominates himself for president. Condi Rice for VP. Dan Quayle leads the polls, with 99.9%
BushKerry04

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2021, 09:35:04 PM »

September 15, 2008: Survey: Clark leads nationally, in swing states
WASHINGTON, DC: A WSJ/NBC Poll finds that Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark leads Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney in the 2008 presidential race nationally and in several swing states. Nationally, Clark enjoys a lead of 48% to 41% amongst likely voters. Clark also leads Romney in New Hampshire (48%-40%), Massachusetts (53%-38%), Pennsylvania (50%-43%), Wisconsin (47%-43%), Arkansas (48%-38%), Colorado (49%-41%), Nevada (50%-40%), New Mexico (53%-38%), Florida (47%-43%), and North Carolina (47%-45%). Romney leads Clark in Iowa (45%-44%), Georgia (47%-45%), Texas (47%-42%), Arizona (45%-40%), and Alaska (49%-40%). The two are tied in Virginia, Ohio, and Michigan.

September 25, 2008: Clark, Romney participate in first presidential debate; candidates debate domestic policy issues

Moderator: An average of five public opinion surveys conducted over the past five months shows that 60% of Americans cite the economy as the top issue in this election. Why is your economic plan the right one for the country, and can you get it through Congress?

Clark: All across America, I speak with people who are struggling to find work, pay the bills, and save for the future. To encourage job creation while addressing the challenges of climate change and the need for infrastructure improvements, my plan makes investments in increasing available green energy tax credits, establishes new R&D tax credits and grants for alternative energies, provides funding for surface and water infrastructure improvements, establishes a new tax incentive program for business creation of expansion in communities with median income 10% or less below the national average, and lowers taxes on Main Street businesses by 25%. To help working Americans pay their bills, my plan increases the federal minimum wage, provides a 25% income tax cut for middle income Americans, eliminates income tax liability for those earning less than $40,000 per year, expands Medicaid access and creates a subsidy for Medigap, and creates subsidies to help more people buy private insurance. And I'll work to preserve social security and help Americans afford higher education without having to worry about draining their savings by doubling the number of pell grants and lowering vocational school and community college tuition by 30%. My plan addresses the challenges our economy faces in a fiscally responsible manner, that's why I'm confident I can unite the American people and Congress behind this proposal. 

Romney: As Governor of Massachusetts, I worked with an 87% Democratic legislature to lower taxes 19 times, reform welfare, expand access to affordable health insurance without a government-run program, and turn around deficits to the point where we added to our state's rainy day fund. I will go to Washington D.C. to work with Congress to put in place my economic program. The American people are ready for change, they are ready for an economy that values entrepreneurship, and they are ready for leadership that's committed to lowering taxes, restoring economic growth, and exercising fiscal responsibility. My plan invests in increasing green energy production by increasing existing tax credits. I also believe that trade must be free, but also fair to the American worker. My Trade Representative will do a comprehensive review of all trade agreements to ensure all parties are staying true to the nature of each agreement. I'll invest an additional $10 billion in job training programs. And my tax plan calls for lowering taxes on individuals, families, and businesses. In particular, I believe in reducing income and corporate taxes, increasing the tax deductibility of health insurance, and eliminating taxes on savings. And I'll make sure regulation is easily understood and fair. I know how to create jobs because I've done it before in the private sector and as a Governor.

Moderator: Public opinion surveys have shown that health care is a top concern for the American public. Specifically, how would your plan lower health insurance costs and help uninsured Americans afford insurance?

Clark: My health care plan will expand access to and affordability of health insurance because I believe that health care is a right. I would increase funding for Medicaid. Specifically, my plan expands coverage to those earning up to $40,000, creates a new Medigap subsidy, and increases funding for hospitals and community health centers. For those who are not eligible for Medicaid, I'd do three things. First, if you earn less than $85,000 per year, I'd provide a tax refund to help you purchase private insurance. The refund amount would vary based on income and household size. The refund amount would help offset the cost of insurance by a minimum of 25% and a maximum of 50%. My plan also calls for increasing the tax deductibility of health care. Right now, you can deduct health care costs up to 7.5% of your income. I'd increase that to 10.5%. I'd also ban insurance companies from denying coverage to people based on a preexisting condition and ban surprise medical billing.

Romney My health care plan does five important things. Number one, I'd allow people to purchase insurance across state lines in order to drive competition and lower premiums. Two, I've called for allowing individuals and businesses to be able to pool together to purchase group plans at a lower rate. Three, I'd block grant Medicaid to states so they can craft the most effective plans to provide coverage to the poor. I don't believe that state legislatures and Governors need Washington overreach in administering Medicaid. As Governor, I worked with the legislature in Massachusetts to expand access to affordable insurance. Four, I'd work with Congress to enact medical malpractice reform. This would lower medical malpractice insurance premiums for providers. And five, I agree with General Clark that we should increase the tax deductibility of health insurance, particularly for lower and middle-income Americans.

Moderator: How will you unite a divided nation to support your respective social agendas if elected President?

Clark: I believe that in this great nation, anyone who does the right thing and works hard should have the chance to participate in all areas of American life. This belief, as well as values that have guided me throughout my life and career, help inform my views on policy issues. I have called for strengthening and expanding civil rights laws including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, working with the private sector and others to encourage more inclusiveness in all areas of American life, including in our workforce and on corporate boards, more strictly enforcing the Equal Pay Act of 1963, enacting the Paycheck Fairness Act, and amending the constitution to include the Equal Rights Amendment. I've traveled the country quite a bit over the past four years, and I know that the American people believe in greater equality. 

Romney: As Governor of Massachusetts, I strictly upheld my oath to preserve and protect the constitution of the State of Massachusetts and the United States of America. As President, I'll do the same. I will appoint justices who strictly interpret the constitution. I'll support religious liberty and work to ensure all Americans have equal protection under the law. I believe that fundamentally, the American people support these goals even if there may be differences on specific policies, as you mentioned in your question. My promise to the American people is that they will always know where I stand and I'll always respect those who hold opinions that differ from mine.
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2021, 06:11:22 PM »

No offense, but every timeline you write has Clark and Romney doing well; why can’t you ever have Quayle at least become the nominee? It makes me sad.
BushKerry04

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2021, 11:19:27 PM »

October 2, 2008: Bradley, Murkowski participate in Vice Presidential Debate

Moderator: Why are you best qualified to serve as Vice President of the United States?

Bradley: I believe that my record in the United States Senate demonstrates that I have the capacity to put aside partisanship while standing up for what I believe in to accomplish big things for the American people. I worked with members of both parties to reform the tax code in order to reduce the deficit to stop working families from bearing a disproportionate burden stemming from new debt, was part of the effort to enact the earned income tax credit for the working poor, increased the solvency of social security, and voted for the Clinton economic agenda that led to unprecedented economic growth. During my 18 years in the Senate, I studied the issues, spoke with my constituents and all relevant stakeholders, participated in the legislative process, and stayed true to my principles. Leadership is about listening, learning, and finding ways to achieve goals that are consistent with your values.

Murkowski: I have experience as an attorney in private practice, as well as working in government at the local, state, and federal levels. I understand the concerns and hopes of the American people and governments that are closest to them. In the United States Senate, I've delivered for Alaska and the country. I've worked on a bipartisan basis to strengthen the ADA and protect our environment. I've sought to ensure regulation makes sense, and I have never voted to raise your taxes. I've won a reputation for being an independent voice committed to putting the country before any political party. To revive the American economy and move towards a balanced federal budget, we need leaders who understand the specifics in terms of how legislation is written and it's broader on all levels of government. And we need leaders who put people before politics.

Moderator: Each of you holds certain views that your running-mates do not share. Senator Bradley, as a candidate in this year's Democratic presidential primary, you and your running-mate disagreed on tax policy, student loan debt, and how much the minimum wage should be increased by. Senator Murkowski, you and Governor Romney have disagreements on campaign finance reform, federal subsidies, and the role of the federal government in education. Will you be willing to disagree with your running-mate if you are elected?

Bradley: Let me first of all say that I'm proud of the fact that during the Democratic presidential primary, General Clark and I never ran a single negative advertisement about one another and never exchanged any criticisms during any debate. I don't believe it's possible for two people to agree on every issue, or agree on every specific policy. But General Clark and I do agree that the minimum wage needs to be increased, that we have to address the student loan crisis, and that it is appropriate to allow the tax cuts for the wealthy to expire in order to fund priorities and reduce the deficit. General Clark and I also agree about the role of the Vice President, which is to serve as a trusted advisor to the President. I will offer my input on issues, but ultimately I'll respect the decision of the President. General Clark and I share a common vision for America, where anyone can achieve the American dream so long as they work hard and play by the rules. And we have a series of proposals to expand equality and opportunity for all, that's what we are focused on.

Murkowski: In the United States Senate, I have worked with members of both parties to get things done for the people who elected me and this nation. I am committed to working with anyone and everyone who is willing to work with me for the American people. Mitt Romney and I understand where each other stands on issues, we agree on far more than we disagree on. And I will make sure that if elected Vice President, I stand up for what I believe in while advancing the President's agenda. I have fully endorsed Mitt Romney's economic plan because I believe that it's the right plan to help put Americans back to work. I have fully endorsed his fiscal plan because for far too long, Congress has spent more money than we've collected in revenue. And I share a common vision with Mitt Romney on issues from health care to foreign policy to education. Are there votes I've cast that he may disagree with? Yes, but he asked me to serve as his running-mate because of our common vision, not those few things we disagree about.

Moderator: Both of you have touted your experience in the United States Senate as your qualifications to be Vice President. But right now, Congress enjoys an approval rating of well under 40%. Why is your respective experiences in the United States Senate a positive for your ticket?

Bradley: I left the United States Senate over a decade ago. When I left office, we were in the midst of an era of extraordinary economic growth. Both political parties had worked together to expand access to health insurance, deliver tax relief for working families, and invest in education while balancing the federal budget. During my time in the U.S. Senate, things weren't perfect, but we got a lot more done and in a bipartisan manner than what we've seen more recently. I mentioned earlier that I led the efforts to reduce the deficit, support the earned income tax credit, and increase the solvency of social security. The challenges our nation faced at the times in which I proposed such policies differ from the era we are in today. But I know how to lead on these issues. Wesley Clark knows how to lead, and wants to unite the country behind a positive, hopeful agenda. I want to help him do just that, and I feel both of our respective experiences prepare us to do just that.

Murkowski: I'm not asking the American people to judge the record of every member of Congress, I'm asking them to take a look at my record. During a time of increased partisanship, I've worked with members of both political parties to get things done on regulation, the environment, and strengthening the ADA. I've delivered results. But you are right, the American people are concerned about the direction of our country because Congress spends too much, taxes too much, and isn't responsive to the needs of everyday Americans. The answer to this is to elect leaders with proven records of bipartisan results and with a plan to put Americans back to work. Speaker Pelosi and Congressional Democrats answer to our economic problems are higher taxes, more federal spending, and doubling down on the failed policies of the past. I'm grateful to Democrats who I've had the chance to work with on issues, but Americans can not afford higher taxes and we can't afford unfunded new spending at this time.

BushKerry04

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2021, 06:40:26 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2021, 06:44:43 PM by BushKerry04 »

October 8, 2008: Clark, Romney participate in second presidential debate; candidates focus on foreign affairs, immigration, trade

Moderator: Tthe United States has increased the number of free trade agreements with our allies in recent decades, notably Mexico and Canada under NAFTA. If elected, will you continue to increase the number of free trade agreements and do you support existing ones?

Clark: I believe that free trade has the potential to benefit American consumers, American workers, and American businesses. Some free trade agreements have worked out well, others haven't, and there have been some mixed results. I have said from the start of this campaign that if elected, I will direct my Trade Representative and the U.S. Department of Commerce to audit existing trade agreements to ensure all provisions are being enforced. We should be committed to fully enforcing all provisions of current trade agreements because we need to make sure all are protecting workers' rights, human rights, the environment, and promoting fair wages. These same principles will guide my willingness or unwillingness to enter into future free trade agreements.

Romney: I support free trade agreements that are fair to the American worker. I believe the efforts of this administration to increase the number of free trade agreements are admirable, and I agree with the administration that free trade with our allies allows our businesses to sell to more customers. Where I differ from the administration's approach is that I believe that while most of our trading partners share our vision and values on trade, there are a few agreements where our competitors don't have the same intellectual property protections and stable currency. I would ensure clear language relating to these issues be included in any future trade agreements if elected.

Moderator: During this year's presidential primary season, the issue of immigration was discussed during several debates in both of your respective political parties. General Clark, you voiced support for a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, an idea Governor Romney opposes. My question for both of you is, why are you the better candidate as it relates to immigration policy?

Clark: I support increasing border security and an immigration system that is common sense, compassionate, and enables us to stay true to our values. I agree with the comprehensive bill that Congress and the Bush administration proposed a few years ago, I would call on Congress to send me that bill again. Specifically, I believe in the provisions in the legislation that increases border security, establishes a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who have not committed crimes, and creates a temporary guest worker program. Additionally, I would legalize Dreamers and allow them to receive the same educational and health care benefits as U.S. citizens because it's the right thing to do.

Romney: I celebrate our nation's diversity and welcome people here legally, as Governor I welcomed legal immigrants to our state. At the same time, I enforced our immigration laws as it relates to illegal immigration by opposing sanctuary cities. As President, I'll do the same. I'll continue the American tradition of welcoming people to our country legally. I'll also secure our border and ask those here illegally to go through the process of legally immigrating here instead of providing a special pathway to citizenship.

Moderator: Why are you the better candidate to lead on foreign policy issues, and what would be the defining characteristic of your foreign policy?

Clark: As a young man, I volunteered to serve our nation in uniform and spent 34 years rising through the ranks of our military. I built alliances, negotiated peace, and stood up for a strong America. I am prepared to be commander-in-chief on day one. As President, I will work to restore America's leadership in world affairs. I believe that requires supporting our troops with adaquate funding and expanding the G.I. bill and veterans' access to quality health care. I'll work in conjunction with our allies to promote peace, human rights, workers's rights, and taking on common concerns like climate change while embracing opportunities to make this world a better place. And I'll always stand up for a strong America.

Romney: My foreign policy will be guided by the idea that America does best when we promote freedom and liberty here at home and work to help the world be more peaceful and free. That doesn't mean I believe in policing the world, but it does mean that I believe we should serve as an example to the rest of the world and work with our allies to advance our interests. The United States should continue to support free trade as I mentioned earlier, and we should help our allies realize the benefits of a market economy. I also believe that strong leadership is necessary in international affairs. A President must be able to make tough decisions, I've done that in business and as Governor of a state.

BushKerry04

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2021, 09:27:42 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2021, 09:37:29 PM by BushKerry04 »

October 15, 2008: Clark, Romney participate in third presidential debate; candidates make their case ahead of November 4th

Clark: I'm running for President to restore American leadership in global affairs, restore growth and fairness to the American economy, and promote social justice and equity. As a young man, I took an oath to defend the constitution of the United States. For 36 years, I had the honor of wearing the uniform of our country. I built alliances, negotiated peace, and stood up for a strong America. I'm ready to lead America and restore our leadership position in the world on day one. During the course of this campaign, I've had the chance to travel the country, speak with you, learn about your concerns and hopes, and discuss my detailed plans to address the challenges we face. I know during this time of economic crisis, you are struggling to find work, pay the bills, and save for the future. My economic plan lowers taxes for 98% of Americans and Main Street businesses, promotes job creation in every community, expands benefits for our veterans, and invests in health care, education, the environment, and improving our infrastructure. To ensure every American has the opportunity to fully participate in all our country has to offer, I will work to strengthen and expand civil rights and equal pay law, pass the ERA, enact criminal justice reform, and make paid medical leave universal. I believe our country does best when we come together, serve others, achieve positive things, and ensure everyone is treated with dignity and respect. That's why I humbly ask for your vote so that together, we can usher in an era of opportunity and equality for all.

Romney: Throughout my career, I've worked to turn things around. In the private sector, I helped struggling businesses find ways to more efficiently and effectively provide products and services to their customers, create jobs, and increase revenue. As Governor of Massachusetts, I took office just after a recession and was faced with a budget gap. Not only was I able to turn that budget gap around, but I added to our state's rainy day fund and worked with Republicans and Democrats to cut taxes 19 times, reform welfare, and expand access to health insurance. I'm running for President to use my experience and skills to turn the American economy around, reduce the national debt, address the challenges we face, and embrace the opportunities we have to change Washington and unleash the entrepreneurial spirit of the American people. As President, I'll achieve this by reforming our tax code, lowering tax rates, increasing domestic energy production, funding job training programs, and making sure trade is free and fair to the American worker. I'll reduce the national debt by capping the growth in federal spending and signing the Penny Plan into law. And I'll be guided by the constitution of the United States. My fellow Americans, I thank you for speaking with me, listening to me, and sharing your thoughts with me throughout the course of this campaign. I ask for your vote because I want to bring new leadership and experience to Washington D.C.

BushKerry04

« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2021, 09:23:08 PM »

November 4, 2008: Clark elected President; Democrats maintain control of Congress

National Popular Vote
Wesley Clark/Bill Bradley (D) 53%
Mitt Romney/Lisa Murkowski (R) 46%

Electoral College
Wesley Clark 369
Mitt Romney 169

State Results
Alabama: Romney +18
Alaska: Romney +25
Arizona: Romney +5
Arkansas: Clark +15
California: Clark +23
Colorado: Clark +12
Connecticut: Clark +20
Delaware: Clark +25
Florida: Clark +2
Georgia: Clark +0.1
Hawaii: Clark +52
Idaho: Romney +31
Illinois: Clark +25
Indiana: Romney +7
Iowa: Clark +9
Kansas: Romney +17
Kentucky: Romney +18
Louisiana: Romney +17
Maine: Clark +17
Maryland: Clark +25
Massachusetts: Clark +17
Michigan: Romney +0.5
Minnesota: Clark +12
Mississippi: Romney +12
Missouri: Clark +1
Montana: Romney +15
Nebraska: Romney +17
Nevada: Clark +12
New Hampshire: Clark +10
New Jersey: Clark +21
New Mexico: Clark +15
New York: Clark +27
North Carolina: Clark +2
North Dakota: Romney +18
Ohio: Clark +7
Oklahoma: Romney +30
Oregon: Clark +12
Pennsylvania: Clark +12
Rhode Island: Clark +22
South Carolina: Romney +5
South Dakota: Romney +17
Tennessee: Romney +10
Texas: Romney +12
Utah: Romney +41
Vermont: Clark +37
Virginia: Clark +8
Washington: Clark +15
West Virginia: Romney +14
Wisconsin: Clark +14
Wyoming: Romney +28

Exit Polling

By political party
Democratic: Clark 89% Romney 9%
Republican: Romney 89% Clark 10%
Independent: Clark 54% Romney 45%

By political ideology
Progressive: Clark 87% Romney 12%
Conservative: Romney 82% Clark 17%
Moderate: Clark 62% Romney 37%

By gender
Male: Romney 51% Clark 48%
Female: Clark 58% Romney 41%

By age
18-34: Clark 65% Romney 34%
35-50: Clark 54% Romney 45%
51-65: Clark 50% Romney 49%
Over 65: Romney 56% Clark 43%

By income
$0-$50,000: Clark 57% Romney 42%
$50,000-$100,000: Clark 52% Romney 47%
Over $100,000: Romney 52% Clark 47%

By education
College graduate: Clark 54% Romney 45%
High school graduate: Clark 52% Romney 47%
Some college: Clark 49% Romney 49%
Advanced degree: Clark 62% Romney 37%

By community type
Rural: Romney 54% Clark 45%
Suburban: Clark 54% Romney 45%
Urban: Clark 60% Romney 39%

By most important issue
Economy: Clark 55% Romney 44%
Health care: Clark 50% Romney 49%
Taxes: Clark 52% Romney 47%
National debt: Romney 58% Clark 41%
Climate change: Clark 65% Romney 34%
Entitlement Programs: Clark 53% Romney 46%
Education: Clark 56% Romney 43%
Judicial nominations: Romney 52% Clark 47%
Foreign policy: Clark 67% Romney 32%

By 2004 vote
Bush: Romney 85% Clark 14%
Kerry: Clark 92% Romney 7%
3rd party: Clark 67% Romney 32%

😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2021, 03:13:09 AM »

Here's the map of 2008 election

Can you, please, provide us with Senate and House results?
BushKerry04

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2021, 03:06:55 PM »

Here's the map of 2008 election

Can you, please, provide us with Senate and House results?

Thank you!

Yes, I will soon.
BushKerry04

« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2021, 08:20:45 PM »
« Edited: November 18, 2021, 12:23:59 AM by BushKerry04 »

November 10, 2008: Close U.S. Senate race results finalized; Democrats maintain control of both houses of Congress
Georgia: Saxby Chamblis (R) 49.5% Jim Martin (D) 49.4%
Minnesota: Al Franken (D) 43% Norm Coleman (R) 41% Dean Barkley (I) 15%
New Hampshire: Jeanne Shaheen (D) 52% John E. Sununu (R) 46%
Oregon: Jeff Merkley (D) 49% Gordon Smith (R) 48%
National U.S. Senate race: Democrats 52% Republican 47%
National U.S. House race: Democrats 51% Republicans 48%

January 15, 2009: President-elect Clark finalizes choices for cabinet, White House posts

Secretary of State: Carol Moseley-Braun, former U.S. Senator (D-IL), former Ambassador, and Clark for President 2008 national campaign co-chair
Secretary of Treasury: Alicia Munnell, former Assistant Secretary of Treasury for Economic Policy
Secretary of Defense: William Cohen, former Secretary of Defense and former U.S. Senator (R-ME)  
National Security Advisor: George Joulwan, former NATO Supreme Allied Commander  
Attorney General: Patricia Madrid, former New Mexico Attorney General
Secretary of Interior: Ben Nighthorse Campbell, former U.S. Senator (R-CO)
Secretary of Agriculture: Jim Hodges, former Governor (D-SC) and Clark for President 2008 national campaign co-chair
Secretary of Commerce: Laura Tyson, former Director of National Economic Council
Secretary of Labor: Karen Nussbaum, former U.S. Women's Bureau Director  
Secretary of Health & Human Services: Howard Dean, former Governor (D-VT), former DNC Chair, Physician, and former presidential hopeful
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Xavier Suarez, former Mayor (D-Maimi, Florida)
Secretary of Transportation: Gloria Jeff, former Federal Highway Administration Deputy Administrator  
Secretary of Energy: Carol Browner, former EPA Administrator      
Secretary of Education: Gary Locke, former Governor (D-WA)  
Secretary of Veteran's Affairs: James Mukoyama, retired Major General
Secretary of Homeland Security: Jamie Gorelick, former Deputy Attorney General    
EPA Administrator: Al Gore, former Vice President (D-TN) and former Democratic Presidential Hopeful
Director of National Intelligence: Pat Foote, retired General    
United States Trade Representative: Esteban Edward Torres, former Congressman (D-CA) and former Ambassador to UNESCO    
Ambassador to the United Nations: M. Osman Siddique, former Ambassador to Fiji  
Council of Economic Advisors Chair: Abhay Patel, Businessman
Small Business Administrator: Clarence Harmon, former Mayor (D-St. Louis, Missouri)
Office of Management and Budget Director Franklin Raines, former Director of Office of Management and Budget  
Chief of Staff: Maria Echaveste, former White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy
Deputy Chief of Staff: Mary Beth Cahill, former Director of the Office of Public Liaison  
Counselor to the President: Lottie Shackelford, former Mayor (D-Little Rock, Arkansas)      
Senior Advisor to the President: Craig Smith, former White House Director of Political Affairs
White House Counsel: Harold Ford Jr., former Congressman (D-TN)  
Director of Communications: Michael Waldman, former White House Director of Speech Writing  
Press Secretary: Elizabeth Alexander, former Press Secretary to the DNC Chair
Vice Presidential Chief of Staff: Monica Dixon, former Vice Presidential Deputy Chief of Staff
Press Secretary for the Vice President: Edward Skyler, former Bloomberg for Mayor Press Secretary
BushKerry04

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2021, 09:37:31 PM »

January 20, 2009: Clark, Bradley sworn-in as President and Vice President; President pledges "a new era of equality and opportunity for all Americans"
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark and Vice President Bill Bradley were sworn-in to office. Pledging to usher in a "new era of equality and opportunity for all," President Clark addressed the nation in an inauguration speech that focused on themes of unity and pride in the United States. The President also pledged to "lead the world, rebuild an economy in peril, and ensure greater equity and fairness in every aspect of American life."

March 5, 2009: President Clark signs the Economic Recovery and Growth Act into law; bill implements several parts of Clark's economic agenda
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed the Economy Recovery and Growth Act into law, providing tax relief, tax incentives, and funding for education, job training, health care, and green energy to combat climate change. The legislation passed the House of Representatives and U.S. Senate largely along party lines, with 15 house and 5 U.S. Senate Republicans voting with Democrats. At a signing ceremony in Washington D.C., President Clark was joined by Vice President Bill Bradley, Treasury Secretary Alicia Munnell, Commerce Secretary Laura Tyson, Transportation Secretary Gloria Jeff, Energy Secretary Carol Browner, EPA Administrator Former Vice President Al Gore, several Governors and Mayors, and several members of Congress and the United States Senate, including the legislation's sponsors House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC), Congressman Bill Pascrell (D-NJ), U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein (D-CA), U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), U.S. Senator Susan Collins (R-ME), and U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA). The bill, funded through closing corporate tax loopholes and allowing Republican tax cuts on the wealthiest 2% of Americans to expire, does the following:

1. Provides an immediate $1,000 tax rebate for those earning below $150,000, a 25% income tax reduction phased in over three years for those earning less than $300,000 and businesses with 500 or fewer employees, eliminates income tax liability for those earning less than $45,000 phased in over four years, and a doubles the earned income tax credit.

2. Establishes a new tax credit to encourage businesses to open or expand in communities with median income 10% or more below the national median and doubles green energy tax incentives.

3. Doubles the amount of available college pell grants and provides funding for community colleges and vocational schools to reduce tuition by 30% for students in households with incomes below $500,000.

4. Increases funding for medicare to insure those earning up to $40,000 per year, creates a new Medigap subsidy, increases the tax deductibility of health insurance from 7.5% of income to 10.5%, provides $50 billion in new funding for hospitals and community health centers, and provides $15 billion in R&D health care grants.

5. Provides additional funding for unemployment insurance and grants to states for infrastructure improvements.

May 1, 2009: President Clark signs the Civil Rights and Equal Pay Enforcement Act into law, executive orders
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law the Civil Rights and Equal Pay Enforcement Act into law, along with several executive orders. The legislation provides funding for the Department of Justice to dedicate a division to strict enforcement of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Pay Act of 1963, doubles penalties for violations of each act, and directs the Department of Labor to report on progress made towards greater equity. The bill passed the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, with 30 Republican Senators and 90 Republican House members voting with Democrats. Clark also signed three executive orders dealing with civil rights; one requiring all federal contractors to provide comprehensive pay transparency, another directing the Department of Justice and EPA to focus on prosecuting polluters and reduce pollution in lower income communities that are most adversely impacted by pollution, and another executive order to increase federal employment recruitment in underserved communities. 

BushKerry04

« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »

March 10, 2009: President Clark signs executive orders on the enviornment
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark announced that he has signed three executive orders dealing with environmental protection. One order directs the EPA to increase clean air and water standards, another authorizes $100 million in funds Congress authorized in the most recent budget to hire more prosecutors in the DOJ to crack down on pollution, and another directs FEMA to provide bottled water to communities with the poorest water quality.  

March 25, 2009: President Clark signs his first budget into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed his first budget into law. The budget provides funding for the Economic Recovery and Growth Act, in addition to providing funding increases for veterans, the military, education, environmental protection, the Department of Justice, and Medicare. The budget is paid for by aligning capital gains taxes with that of ordinary income, limiting tax deductions on those earning greater than $200,000 per year, closing and/or limiting a number of corporate tax deductions, and increasing some federal excise taxes and fees. At the same time, the budget ensures tax cuts on income and businesses implemented under the Economic Recovery and Growth Act remain in place, while also increasing the standard deduction for those earning less than $200,000, eliminating taxes on savings, and phasing out the Alternative Minimum Tax.

May 1, 2009: President Clark, Vice President Bradley earn high approval ratings; Americans divided on Congress
WASHINGTON, DC: According to a new NBC/WSJ survey, President Wesley Clark has a 60% approval rating, with 25% of Americans disapproving of his job performance. 98% of Democrats, 67% of independents, and 17% of Republicans approve of the President's job performance. Similarly, Vice President Bill Bradley has a 57% approval rating, with 28% of Americans disapproving of his job performance; 98% of Democrats, 64% of independents, and 12% of Republicans approve of the Vice President's job performance. At the same time, 40% of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing, compared to 38% who disapprove; 60% of Democrats, 49% of independents, and 18% of Republicans approve of the job Congress is doing. Congressional Democrats have a 42% approval rating/41% disapproval rating, compared to Congressional Republicans who have an approval rating of 38% and a disapproval rating of 42%.

June 5, 2009: President Clark calls for passage of infrastructure bill; Pelosi says she hopes to pass the bill by August
ALLENTOWN, PA: Joined on stage in Allentown, Pennsylvania by union leaders, environmental activists, Vice President Bill Bradley, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), President Wesley Clark called on Congress to pass a $900 billion infrastructure bill that would dedicate $900 billion over eight years for repairing and upgrading roads and bridges, investing in water infrastructure and replacing dirty pipes, moving towards a green energy grid, flood mitigation efforts, and new funding for public transit. "The bill we are proposing will rebuild our land infrastructure, ensure every American has clean drinking water, reduce CO2 emissions, enable us to move away from fossil-fuel-powered electricity, and encourage mass transit. This plan will create millions of temporary and permanent jobs directly and indirectly," the President declared. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said she would post the bill for a vote sometime in August.
BushKerry04

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2021, 01:47:40 PM »
« Edited: December 03, 2021, 01:51:44 PM by BushKerry04 »

August 25, 2009: After months of negotiation, President Clark signs the Infrastructure Improvement and Modernization Act into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law the Infrastructure Improvement and Modernization Act, providing new funding for the nation's infrastructure while promoting environmentalism. The bill, funded by monies allocated as part of tax reform implemented under the Economic Recovery and Growth Act and the 2010 budget, an increase in federal fees paid primarily by corporations, and monies being repaid to the federal government following financial crisis bailouts, will invest $900 billion over a decade in infrastructure, improving water quality and replacing dirty pipes, helping utility companies move towards a net-zero emissions energy grid, expanding access to broadband internet access, and supporting state and local efforts in environmental cleanup. The legislation will be paid for by re-directing funds authorized by the most recent highway bill, increasing the federal tobacco tax, and implementing a flat 20% tax on capital gains above $50 million. 15 Republican U.S. Senators and 30 Republican House members voted with Democrats in favor of the legislation, negotiated between the Clark administration, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and U.S. Senators Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Diane Feinstein (D-CA), Susan Collins (R-ME), Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), and Richard Burr (R-NC). "This legislation will create millions of jobs, improve our roads, ensure every American has access to clean water and broadband, and take on the climate crisis. "This law will help us invest in our infrastructure, create new economic opportunities for all Americans, make our air and water cleaner, and expand access to jobs and the internet in communities that have been left behind for far too long," the President declared.

December 5, 2009: President Clark signs the Service Members and Veterans Support Act of 2009 into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law the Service Members and Veterans Support Act of 2009 into law. The legislation will increase G.I. benefits, expand veteran's choice in medical care, supports programs to help veterans experiencing homelessness or mental health challenges, and increase pay for active military personnel. The bill passed the U.S. Senate 97-3 and the House of Representatives 430-5. "I'm proud to have spent 36 years of my career wearing the uniform of our country. Today, I'm grateful to Congress and the American people for allowing me to sign this bill that will do so much to support the best and brightest amongst us, people who volunteer to defend our freedoms," the President remarked. The bill will be paid for by not reauthorizing tax cuts on gifts.

January 20, 2010: President Clark signs the Education Reform Act of 2010 into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed the Education Reform Act of 2010 into law. The legislation doubles federal funding of special needs classrooms, increases funding for underperforming and budget restrained schools, creates new federal partial or full scholarships for students looking to obtain a degree in education, nursing, or attend medical school, and establishes permanent funding for pell grants and funding for community colleges and vocational training as passed under the Economic Recovery and Growth Act. The bill will be paid for by closing some corporate tax loopholes and redirecting previously authorized funds under the No Child Left Behind Act and the President's 2010 budget. 23 Republican U.S. Senators and 50 Republican house members voted in favor of the legislation.

BushKerry04

« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2021, 10:23:08 PM »

January 25, 2010: Bush won't run for President in 2012; former Governor of Florida declines to rule out presidential bid
MIAMI, FL: Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush announced he won't seek the 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination during a press conference in his hometown of Miami, despite his status as a leading candidate. "I want to continue to focus on education reform, tax reform, and other policies I'm passionate about. I won't be a candidate for President in 2012 because I think a campaign requires a focus on fundraising and strategy, I want to focus on issues right now," Bush declared. When asked if he'd run for President in the future, Bush said it's possible. "This is how I feel right now. I served as Governor for eight years, it was a great experience. I might run for office again in the future, but right now I like what I'm doing," he declared.

February 5, 2010: McConnell, House Republicans call for constitutional balanced budget amendment; President Clark calls for fiscal responsibility, says his fiscal policies will move towards a balanced budget
WASHINGTON, DC: U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell and Representatives Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), Hal Rogers (R-KY), Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), and Pete Sessions (R-TX) held a press conference in which they announced they would introduce legislation that would call for a constitutional balanced budget amendment. McConnell and the four members of the House also announced they'd introduce legislation capping federal spending to the rate of inflation, something proposed by former GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney. "We've been on a spending spree lately, and we can not continue to spend money we don't have. The American people should have the opportunity to vote on a balanced budget amendment," McConnell declared. Speaking at a U.S. Chamber of Commerce event, President Wesley Clark said his budgets would move towards balance. "This economic recovery is increasing federal revenue. Thanks to tax reform we've passed, the investments we've made, and the growth we are experiencing, we are going to have a smaller deficit this year than last year. Projections are we can reduce the deficit in half by the end of my first term and balance the budget by my second term," the President declared. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) called the Republican bills "political theatre."

February 25, 2010: President signs budget; FY2011 budget increases funding
WASHINGTON, DC: After passing through both houses of Congress along party lines, President Wesley Clark signed into law his proposed 2011 budget. The budget increases spending by $300 billion. Most of the new spending will allocate revenues towards existing programs, including funding for the Economic Recovery and Growth Act, the Infrastructure Improvement and Modernization Act, the Civil Rights and Equal Pay Enforcement Act, the Service Members and Veterans Support Act of 2009, and Education Reform Act of 2010. However, the new spending will also go to increase the military budget, Medicaid, and increasing tax credits for green energy. U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, joined by Representatives Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA) and Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) opposed the budget and once again renewed their call for a balanced budget amendment on the floor of both houses and in a subsequent press conference.

March 1, 2010: President Clark signs the Environmental Stewardship Act into law
CLEVELAND, OH: President Wesley Clark traveled to Cleveland, Ohio to officially sign the Environmental Stewardship Act into law. The legislation, which will cost $50 billion over eight years, is being funded through existing funds Congress allocated and increases in federal excise taxes on coal and diesel. The legislation provides funding to help finance large-scale solar panel installations and the creation of wind farms, provides grants to cities for planting trees, establishes federal support for state open space programs, creates a tax incentive for fossil-fuel companies looking to transition to clean energy, increases green energy tax credits beyond increases already allocated in the Economic Recovery and Growth Act, provides additional funding to FEMA for flood mitigation programs, and increases the farm income stabilization program. The bill passed the U.S. Senate 65-34 and the House of Representatives 335-100.

March 5, 2010: President Clark maintains strong approval, favored to win re-election; Democrats favored to win mid-term elections as Republicans have no clear 2012 front-runner

Clark approval
Approve: 59%
Disapprove: 33%

Bradley approval
Approve: 53%
Disapprove: 35%

2012 GOP Presidential Nomination
Condi Rice 12%
Mitch McConnell 10%
Dick Cheney 9%
Lisa Murkowski 8%
Cathy McMorris Rodgers 7%
John Ashcroft 5%
Newt Gingrich 4%
Alan Keyes 3%
Rick Santorum 3%
John Thune 3%

General election matchups
Clark 49% Rice 41%
Clark 52% McConnell 40%
Clark 52% Cheney 38%

BushKerry04

« Reply #66 on: December 10, 2021, 11:20:02 PM »

March 7, 2010: Rice won't run for President in 2012
WASHINGTON, DC: Former U.S. Secretary of State Condi Rice, considered a front-runner for the 2012 Republican Presidential nomination, announced during an interview on ABC that she won't be a candidate for the presidency in 2012. "I am not going to be a candidate for President, I've always had a desire to make a positive contribution to the country. I'll continue to do just that, but not as a candidate for President in 2012," Rice declared.

April 5, 2010: Cheney won't seek the Presidency
WASHINGTON, DC: During a speech at the National Press Club, former Vice President Dick Cheney declared he won't run for President in 2012. "I won't be a candidate for President. But I will continue to be an advocate for the causes I care about, and those things I feel are important for the country," he declared.

May 1, 2010: McMorris Rodgers rules out presidential bid; Washington Congresswoman offers praise for McConnell
WASHINGTON, DC: Representative Cathy McMorris Rodgers told CNN that she will not be a candidate for President in 2012 despite speculation she would enter the campaign. The Washington Congresswoman also offered praise for U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, who is considered the front-runner for the nomination. "I'm honored to have been encouraged to run for President, but I am really focused on getting things done in Congress," McMorris Rodgers stated. "If Mitch McConnell runs, I'd probably endorse him because I think he's the person to unite the Republican Party," she stated when asked about other possible candidates.

June 5, 2010: President Clark signs minimum wage hike into law; bi-partisan deal gradually raises the minimum wage, cuts taxes for small businesses
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law a gradual increase in the federal minimum wage while also providing tax relief for small businesses. The legislation will increase the minimum wage from $7.25 to $8.00, before increasing it to $8.25 in 2014, $8.75 in 2016, and $9 in 2017. The law also provides a tax credit for small businesses that pay their employees below the scheduled minimum wages and reduces the taxability of tips by 25%.

BushKerry04

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2021, 05:23:54 PM »

July 10, 2010: President Clark, Vice President Bradley have record approval ratings; Americans largely approve of the President on key issues
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark and Vice President Bill Bradley have the highest approval ratings of their term so far, according to a new Gallup poll. 65% of Americans approve of the President's job performance, compared to just 27% who disapprove. Vice President Bradley has the approval of 59% of Americans, compared to 30% who disapprove of his job performance. On policy issues, the President has broad support, but has particularly strong approval ratings on foreign policy (77% approval), veteran's affairs (77%), the economy (65% approval), and education (62% approval).

November 2, 2010: Democrats maintain control of Congress; Republicans net one U.S. Senate seat as Democrats gain three house seats
WASHINGTON, DC: Democrats maintained control of both houses of Congress and won three additional seats in the House of Representatives, even as Republican Pat Toomey flipped a U.S. Senate seat in Pennsylvania. Nationally, Democrats won 52% of votes cast for the House of Representatives, in addition to a combined 50.5% of the votes cast in those states that held U.S. Senate races. While exit polling shows that President Wesley Clark maintains a positive approval rating in the swing states of Pennsylvania (65%), Florida (62%), and Ohio (57%), each state elected Republicans to the U.S. Senate.

November 3, 2010: President Clark and Speaker Pelosi, Republicans react to midterm elections
WASHINGTON, DC: During a press conference at the White House, President Wesley Clark responded to Democrats losing U.S. Senate seats while gaining seats in the House of Representatives in the mid-term elections. "Over the past two years, I'm proud to have worked with Democrats and Republicans to restore growth and a sense of fairness to our economy, strengthen the safety net, take on the climate crisis, stand up for equality and justice for all, and restore American leadership in foreign affairs. Yesterday, voters across the nation endorsed our agenda. The message is clear. Voters want us to continue to pursue the goals we've set forth, but they want it done on a bipartisan basis. I'll continue to work to elect Democrats, and I'm proud that more than half the country voted Democrat yesterday. But we have to get important things done as Americans on a bipartisan basis" the President declared. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi concurred. "The American people support the agenda of Democrats in Congress and the President. Over the next two years, we'll continue the work that we started when Americans elected Democrats to Congress in 2006 and President Clark in 2008," she concluded. Speaking at a press conference on capitol hill, U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell had a different message. "Voters in swing states, states that decide presidential elections, said they want Republicans representing them in the United States Senate. They want a balanced budget, lower taxes, and to return power to states. I look forward to working to make sure we can achieve these goals," McConnell stated.

November 15, 2010: President Clark signs the Agriculture Support Act of 2010 into law; bipartisan bill increases farm income stabilization, subsidizes crop insurance for small farms
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law the Agriculture Support Act of 2010, increasing funding for farm income stabilization, helping to reduce the cost of crop insurance by 25% for small and medium-sized farms, and creating a new tax deduction for farms that invest in capital equipment. The $20 billion legislation is paid for by utilizing funds already allocated as part of the most recent farm bill. 30 Republican U.S. Senators and 90 Republican house members voted in favor of the legislation. U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, a front-runner for the 2012 GOP Presidential nomination, worked on the legislation with the President, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH), House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and Congressman Jeff Fortenberry (R-NE).

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2021, 01:28:13 AM »

Dan Quayle 2012
Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2021, 03:11:31 PM »

Palin 2012 would be interesting
BushKerry04

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »

December 1, 2010:  Jim Geringer running for President
"I'm Jim Geringer, former Governor of Wyoming, and I'm running for President of the United States in 2012. As Governor, I cut taxes, returned power to people, and defended individual liberty. While some of my possible opponents in the Republican primary have talked about these issues, I have a record of delivering for the people of my state. I'm running for President on my record and a belief that America needs conservative leadership. I'm not afraid to talk about issues that some shy away from, and I'll always be honest and direct with the American people. Join me and together, we'll advance our conservative values" - Jim Geringer, Youtube video announcement 

January 20, 2011: Rick Santorum announces candidacy for President
PITTSBURGH, PA: Joined by his family and introduced by former U.S. Senator George Allen (R-VA), former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) declared his candidacy for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination during an event in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Santorum spoke of his conservative record in Congress and pledged to appoint conservative judges, sign into law health care reform without a government-run plan, and cut taxes if elected President. "If we Republicans want a candidate for President and a President who is focused on standing up for our conservative principles, then we need a candidate and a President who has a record of doing just that all of the time, not just when it's politically expedient. I've won tough elections in a blue congressional district, and here in this purple state, running as a conservative committed to a socially and fiscally conservative agenda. During my time in Congress, I stood up for our values. If elected President, I'll continue to stand up for conservative principles," Santorum declared.

LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2021, 02:37:55 PM »

February 9th, 2011: Sarah Palin throws her hat in the ring for the Republican presidential nomination

Surrounded by her husband Todd and Representative Don Young, Palin announced her presidential campaign in a video. "We need to reclaim America from military dictator Clark and his socialist cronies" Palin said. The Governor of Alaska also announced "I will cut taxes on the middle class, fix our trade and national deficits, follow a strong foreign policy, and improve healthcare and education through the free market"
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 24, 2021, 12:38:02 PM »

Come on Dan Quaaayle
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2021, 09:10:12 AM »

Former VPOTUS Dan Quayle announces he's running for President
March 26th, 2011

Dan Quayle, Vice President of the United States between 1998 and 1993 under the Republican administration of George H. W Bush, has announced his presidential campaign during a press conference.

"I have matured and changed a lot since my time as Vice President. However, despite being younger and less intuitive, I still served America well as Veep, and will put America back on track as President. I'm a mainstream conservative, both socially and economically. As President, I will lower taxes across the board, make healthcare more affordable through the free market, and allow parents to choose what school their children go to."
BushKerry04

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2021, 08:48:12 PM »

February 9th, 2011: Sarah Palin throws her hat in the ring for the Republican presidential nomination

Surrounded by her husband Todd and Representative Don Young, Palin announced her presidential campaign in a video. "We need to reclaim America from military dictator Clark and his socialist cronies" Palin said. The Governor of Alaska also announced "I will cut taxes on the middle class, fix our trade and national deficits, follow a strong foreign policy, and improve healthcare and education through the free market"

Interesting ideas!

January 25, 2011: Keyes running for President in 2012; former Ambassador touts conservative values during Iowa speech
AMES, IA: Former Ambassador Alan Keyes announced that he will seek the Republican presidential nomination in 2012 during a speech in Ames, Iowa. "I call upon all Americans to join me in restoring a commitment to traditional values and a belief that we must pursue an agenda that enables us to stay true to God, our families, and our country. For if we want to promote good policy, we must first make sure we understand our responsibilities," Keyes declared. The candidate said he'd promote religious liberty, appoint conservative judges, and support school choice if elected President.

March 1, 2011: Newt Gingrich announces candidacy for President; former House Speaker promises to promote flat tax, clean energy, and social security reform
HARRISBURG, PA: Joined by his family and supporters at a local park in his hometown of Harrisburg, PA, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich formally declared his candidacy for the 2012 GOP presidential nomination. Gingrich pledged to support a 15% flat tax, promote green energy, and reform social security if elected President. "This contest for the Presidency should not be about personal insults, it should be about the people's priorities and what policies will ensure the success of our economy and communities. I've been a student of public policy, I've been a leader in Congress, and I've worked as a citizen to find solutions to the concerns people have while supporting policies that enable our country to achieve all our people seek. Today in America, people are looking for answers. They want to know how we can compete in a global economy, how government can be more responsive to their needs, and how we will address the issues people speak about each day at their kitchen tables," Gingrich declared.

March 5, 2011: Tommy Thompson running for President; candidates touts executive experience in announcement video
"I'm Tommy Thompson, and I'm running for President of the United States in 2012. I'm a conservative, a reformer, and someone with executive experience who knows how to lead. Republican primary voters have an important choice to make. Do we want a nominee who has spent their entire career in Congress, or do we want someone with experience making decisions? Do we want a Republican nominee who has caved to progressives, or do we want a nominee who has stood up for our conservative values? I have a track record of fiscal and social conservatism. As President, here is my promise to you. I will stay true to the constitution and the conservative principles we believe in. I will not raise taxes or propose new government spending that isn't paid for. I'll appoint conservative judges, and work to support family farms. I believe that we Republicans can win this election, if we nominate a candidate with a proven record of conservative leadership. I humbly ask for your support" - Tommy Thompson, presidential announcement video

April 17, 2011: President Clark signs the Health Care Affordability, Modernization, and Expansion Act into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law a health care reform bill that will build on reforms implemented under the Economic Recovery and Growth Act while overhauling parts of federal health care policy. The legislation, which is being paid for by allowing Republican tax cuts on those earning above $500,000 to expire along with the top 2% as negotiated under the Economic Recovery and Growth Act, will cost $700 billion over a decade. The plan:

1. Makes permanent Medicaid expansion, Medigap subsidies, and the increase in the tax-deductibility of health insurance as implemented under the Economic Recovery and Growth Act.

2. Makes it illegal to deny individuals insurance based on a pre-existing condition, bans surprise medical billing, and requires insurers to offer coverage for mental health services

3. Offers a subsidy of up to 50% of the cost of health insurance for families and individuals earning less than $100,000 to purchase health insurance for those who are don't have employer-sponsored health insurance and allows individuals and self-employed people to pool together to purchase group insurance at a discounted rate while receiving a federal subsidy of up to 50% of the cost.

4. Provides a tax credit for medical professionals who donate at least five hours per week at local clinics or accept at least two patients pro-bono.

5. Increases funding for the National Institutes of Health and R&D in general

6. Forgives some medical school debt and creates $10 billion per year in scholarships for aspiring medical professionals

7. Increases funding for hospitals, community health clinics, and mental health services

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies