2008 with a larger field
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:04:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 with a larger field
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2008 with a larger field  (Read 12460 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 08:40:07 PM »
« edited: March 19, 2020, 08:45:35 PM by BushKerry04 »

June 25, 2007: Democratic Candidates Participate in first debate of '08 primary season; 8 candidates debate for two hours followed by 7 candidates debating for 90 minutes

Opening Statements

"My name is Evan Bayh, and I'm running for President in 2008 because I believe Democrats do best when we propose practical solutions to solve the challenges we face and take advantage of the many opportunities available to this great country and use them to do great things. Some of my fellow candidates running for President are promising free health care and college tuition, but have yet to identify how they'll fund these proposals. I hope they tell us how they intend to fund their programs here tonight. As someone who has served as a Governor and United States Senator, I know how to get things done. It requires strong principles and the ability to reach across the aisle. I've done that before, and I'll do it again if elected President" - Evan Bayh

"I'm running for President to deliver on priorities important to progressives and all Americans. Whether it be moving us towards universal health care, raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour, passing campaign finance reform, forgiving all student loan debt, making community college and vocational school tuition free, substantially reducing the cost of public university tuition, or passing criminal justice reform, I've put forth bold solutions to advance our progressive values. Across America, grassroots activists are joining our campaign for progressive values. I look forward to sharing my ideas here tonight and with voters in New Hampshire and across the country" - Bill Bradley

“A few weeks ago in South Carolina, I laid out a series of policies that would promote economic growth, ensure the economy works for everyone, and make sure we advance our socially progressive values. I propose investing in infrastructure, green energy, education, and cutting taxes for middle and lower income Americans, businesses earning less than $1 million, and promoting business expansion and job creation in communities with incomes below the national median. My plan also calls for passage of the ERA, stricter enforcement of federal pay equity legislation, universal paid medical leave, and criminal justice reform. I believe that I have the ability to both win the general election and unite this country behind a hopeful agenda, and that's why I'm running for President” - Wesley Clark

"All of the Republican candidates for President oppose comprehensive immigration reform other than Governor Pataki, oppose campaign finance reform, oppose any kind of tax reform that raises the capital gains tax, oppose a higher minimum wage, oppose expanding medicaid, and oppose a cap and trade program. All of us up here support these positions. The question for Democrats is, which one of us can unite this party and this country and win? I have done so in my career. If elected President, I'll advocate for a flat tax, term limits, campaign finance reform, double affordable housing, and make sure we expand medicaid. We aren't going to win by nominating a Washington insider or someone with extensive support from Washington insiders" - Jerry Brown

“I’m grateful for the opportunity to speak with you about how we can unite this Democratic Party and the nation. I’m glad to be here in New Hampshire, where I’ve met with farmers and ranchers, as I’ve done in Iowa, to speak about the agricultural economy in this state and across the nation. I’ve also met with those in the manufacturing and green energy sectors in recent weeks. I want to revitalize and support these three critical sectors of the U.S. economy. In the process, we’ll create millions of new jobs and reduce the cost of energy, food, and consumer goods. We’ll raise wages for the American worker and broaden our tax base” - Tom Daschle

“In 2006, we Democrats won the majority in the House of Representatives and the United States Senate because we stayed true to our principles. We talked about raising the federal minimum wage, making sure every American has access to affordable health insurance, making it easier for students to afford a college education or vocational school, protecting our environment, and ensuring the solvency of social security, medicare, and medicaid. I’m running for President because I want to ensure Congressional and Senate Democrats have a President who agrees with them so we can work together to get things done for all Americans. I’m proud to have served as Governor of Vermont, where I delivered on education, health care, and other issues we Democrats care about. I’ll deliver for the American people as President” - Howard Dean

“For my entire adult life, I have stood up for working families in this country, and that’s why I’m running for President. I believe that we have a moral obligation to not only raise the minimum wage as all of us want to do, but I believe we should index it to inflation and also triple the earned income tax credit. My health care plan will move us towards universal coverage because it’s the right thing to do. And I am the only candidate running for President who has called for doubling social security benefits for middle and lower income senior citizens. My campaign is about doing what’s right for working families in this country, I have a track record of doing just that, and I’ll continue to advocate for working families as President” - John Edwards

“We have fifteen Democrats running for President, and yet only five of us have ever mentioned anything about the deficit and national debt in our campaign speeches and on our campaign websites. The Republican candidates for President are calling for new tax cuts, we can’t be the party that offers voters spending with no way to pay for it. I have endorsed medicaid expansion, but I have said that many of the other programs my friends up here talk about are not things we can afford unless we reform the tax code, reduce spending in other areas like ethanol subsidies that Al Gore and Bill Bradley support, or grow the economy which no one except Wesley Clark and I have a plan to do. I look forward to speaking more about my agenda for our nation’s future tonight” - Raymond Flynn

“Tonight offers Democrats and all Americans an opportunity to hear from us, to compare our records and our agenda for the future. All of us here tonight share the same principles, we differ on how to accomplish things. I believe that this election will offer Americans a clear choice. If you believe in more tax cuts for the very wealthy and less funding for education and other important programs, the Republicans would love to have your vote in 2008. But if you want a Democratic nominee who believes in a strong safety net and more jobs with higher wages, I’m asking you to consider my candidacy” - Dick Gephardt

“Today, America has the opportunity to do great things. We have an innovative and productive workforce, world class colleges and universities that are conducting critical research, and people who are hard working, honest, and optimistic about the future. But we also face challenges, whether it be climate change, growing wealth inequality, underfunding of education, millions who can’t afford health insurance, or a rising national debt. In the House of Representatives, United States Senate, as Vice President, and as a citizen working in the private sector, I’ve worked on issues of great national importance. I look forward to earning the support of Democrats and all Americans who are looking for proven leadership and fresh ideas” - Al Gore

“Tonight, I look forward to the opportunity to have a conversation with my fellow candidates and you, the people of this country, about this Democratic primary and general election. I believe this presidential election is about restoring a sense of certainty to the American economy and working on deficit reduction. Some of my fellow candidates running in this Democratic primary have big, bold ideas and I appreciate their commitment to our values as Democrats. But we simply can’t afford trillions in new federal spending and higher taxes at a time when Americans are working harder and harder but taking home less. So here is my promise to you. If elected President, I will work with Congress to pass a fiscal plan that reduces the deficit and strengthens social security, medicare, and medicaid” - Gary Hart

“A lot of my colleagues up here talk about how to win the general election in 2008. I’m confident that any of us running for President can win the general election. The question for Democrats is, which one of us best represents the values and principles of this Democratic Party? I’m the only presidential candidate who has endorsed single payer health insurance, the only candidate who not only supports a $15 minimum wage, but an increase in the wage greater than inflation every four years. I’m the only candidate who supports free public college not only for two years, but for four years, the only candidate who has endorsed both college loan forgiveness and interest free loans for master’s programs, and the only candidate who has called for higher automobile fuel efficiency standards and record investments in AMTRAK. And I am the only candidate who has endorsed a consumer bill of rights. We as presidential candidates can’t forget the base of this Democratic Party, and I fully embrace the policy positions of our base” - Dennis Kucinich

“My entire adult life has been dedicated to civil rights and civil liberties, to bringing people together, and to raising awareness about important causes. Whether the cause be helping working families get ahead, expanding access to health insurance, improving education, expanding access to broadband internet access in rural communities, standing up for environmental justice, or reforming our criminal justice system, I’ve traveled to fifteen states and plan to travel to all fifty during the course of this campaign speaking with voters about these issues and others. I would challenge my friends up here to engage in a issues based debate and refrain from criticizing one another because we Democrats need to be united in order to win this election” - Al Sharpton

“In 2004, we Democrats came together and said it’s time for us to expand access to affordable health insurance, raise the federal minimum wage, adequately fund education and environmental protection, support scientific innovation and research, and move towards a balanced federal budget by reversing fiscally irresponsible tax cuts for the very wealthy. We won Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin and nearly won that election. In 2006, we reclaimed the United States Senate and House of Representatives by staying true to the agenda we ran on in 2004. I’m running for President in 2008 to build upon the enthusiasm that started in 2004 and enabled us to win in 2006. We will win this election because our principles are the right principles for America” - John Kerry

“My name is Jim Turner, and I’m running for President in the Democratic primary because our party and our country deserve leadership committed to reducing the national debt and balancing the federal budget. Tonight, I will speak about my plan to balance the budget without raising taxes on middle and lower income Americans and without cutting a penny from critical programs. My approach requires fundamental reform of our tax code, allowing some tax cuts to expire, freezing funding for 30% of the federal budget for three years, and reversing planned increases in spending for social security for some higher income individuals. A balanced federal budget leads to greater economic growth and higher incomes for Americans, that’s why this issue is so important” - Jim Turner
BushKerry04

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2020, 09:13:44 PM »

June 27, 2007: Survey: Gore maintains lead as Clark surges after first Democratic debate, Frist and Giuliani lead GOP field; general election competitive

National Democratic Primary
Al Gore 27%
Bill Bradley 12%
Wesley Clark 10%
Howard Dean 8%
John Kerry 7%
Dick Gephardt 5%
Jerry Brown 3%
Al Sharpton 3%
Gary Hart 2%
Tom Daschle 2%
John Edwards 2%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Iowa Democrats
Al Gore 25%
Bill Bradley 12%
Wesley Clark 12%
Howard Dean 10%
John Kerry 7%
Dick Gephardt 5%
Jerry Brown 3%
Al Sharpton 3%
Gary Hart 2%
Tom Daschle 2%
John Edwards 2%
Evan Bayh 2%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

New Hampshire Democrats
Al Gore 20%
Bill Bradley 19%
Wesley Clark 10%
Howard Dean 10%
John Kerry 8%
Dick Gephardt 5%
Jerry Brown 5%
Al Sharpton 4%
Gary Hart 3%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Michigan Democrats
Al Gore 27%
Bill Bradley 10%
Wesley Clark 10%
Howard Dean 8%
Dick Gephardt 7%
John Kerry 5%
Jerry Brown 4%
Al Sharpton 4%
Gary Hart 3%
Tom Daschle 3%
John Edwards 2%
Evan Bayh 2%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

South Carolina Democrats
Al Gore 23%
Wesley Clark 18%
Bill Bradley 10%
Howard Dean 8%
John Kerry 5%
John Edwards 4%
Dick Gephardt 4%
Al Sharpton 4%
Jerry Brown 2%
Gary Hart 2%
Tom Daschle 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

National Republican Primary
Bill Frist 20%
Rudy Giuliani 15%
Phil Gramm 10%
Dan Quayle 7%
Mitt Romney 7%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 5%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
George Pataki 1%
Morry Taylor 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Iowa Republicans
Bill Frist 15%
Phil Gramm 12%
Dan Quayle 10%
Rudy Giuliani 8%
Mitt Romney 7%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 5%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 1%
George Pataki 1%
Morry Taylor 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

New Hampshire Republicans
Rudy Giuliani 17%
Bill Frist 15%
Phil Gramm 10%
Mitt Romney 8%
Dan Quayle 5%
Newt Gingrich 4%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 4%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
George Pataki 2%
Morry Taylor 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Michigan Republicans
Bill Frist 17%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Mitt Romney 8%
Phil Gramm 8%
Dan Quayle 5%
Newt Gingrich 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Alan Keyes 2%
Morry Taylor 2%
Mike Huckabee 1%
George Pataki 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

South Carolina Republicans
Bill Frist 20%
Phil Gramm 12%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Dan Quayle 8%
Mitt Romney 5%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 5%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
George Pataki 1%
Morry Taylor 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Hypothetical General Election
Al Gore (D) 45% Bill Frist (R) 42%
Al Gore (D) 45% Rudy Giuliani (D) 43%
Al Gore (D) 45% Phil Gramm (R) 44%
Al Gore (D) 47% Dan Quayle (R) 42%
Al Gore (D) 42% Mitt Romney (R) 40%
Bill Bradley (D) 46% Bill Frist (R) 44%
Rudy Giuliani (R) 46% Bill Bradley (D) 45%
Bill Bradley (D) 43% Phil Gramm (R) 43%
Bill Bradley (D) 46% Dan Quayle (R) 40%
Mitt Romney (R) 43% Bill Bradley (D) 42%
Wesley Clark (D) 47% Bill Frist (R) 43%
Wesley Clark (D) 47% Rudy Giuliani (R) 44%
Wesley Clark (D) 48% Phil Gramm (R) 43%
Wesley Clark (D) 49% Dan Quayle (R) 41%
Wesley Clark (D) 48% Mitt Romney (R) 44%
Howard Dean (D) 45% Bill Frist (R) 45%
Rudy Giuliani (R) 47% Howard Dean (D) 45%
Phil Gramm (R) 45% Howard Dean (D) 44%
Howard Dean (D) 45% Dan Quayle (R) 40%
Mitt Romney (R) 44% Howard Dean (D) 42%

July 1, 2007: Bill Frist announces details of health insurance reform plan
AMES, IA - During a speech in Iowa, Republican Presidential Hopeful Bill Frist put forth a detailed health insurance reform plan. Frist called for tort reform, allowing individuals to purchase insurance across state lines, doubling the amount individuals are able to deduct off of their federal income taxes for health care expenses, establishing new tax incentives to encourage insurance companies to offer lower cost plans, legalizing association health plans, and helping medical professionals pay down part of their medical school debt if they volunteer their services at local clinics.

July 5, 2007: Presidential Candidates release fundraising numbers for Q2 of '07

Democrats
Al Gore $25.5 million
Bill Bradley $23 million
Howard Dean $15.5 million
John Kerry $15.3 million
Wesley Clark $15 million
Dick Gephardt $5.7 million
John Edwards $4 million
Tom Daschle $3.2 million
Al Sharpton $3 million
Evan Bayh $2.5 million
Jerry Brown $1 million
Gary Hart $950,000
Dennis Kucinich $500,000
Jim Turner $325,000
Raymond Flynn $150,000

Republicans
Phil Gramm $23.5 million
Bill Frist $15.5 million
Rudy Giuliani $15 million
Mitt Romney $12.5 million
Dan Quayle $8.5 million
Kay Bailey Hutchison $5 million
Newt Gingrich $3.7 million
George Pataki $3.5 million
Tom Ridge $1.5 million
Morry Taylor $1 million
Alan Keyes $800,000
Mike Huckabee $750,000

BushKerry04

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2020, 09:59:02 PM »

August 12, 2007: Phil Gramm wins Ames, Iowa straw poll; Taylor defies expectations
Phil Gramm 3,905
Mitt Romney 3,495
Morry Taylor 3,015
Bill Frist 2,900
Dan Quayle 2,102
Kay Bailey Hutchison 1,020
Alan Keyes 1,015
Newt Gingrich 998
Rudy Giuliani 997
Tom Ridge 850
Kay Bailey Hutchison 795
Mike Huckabee 500
George Pataki 415

August 15, 2007: Gramm proposes economic plan that would balance budgets, move to a flat tax
CHARLESTON, SC: Republican Presidential Hopeful Phil Gramm spoke to a South Carolina audience about his economic plan. Gramm endorsed replacing the current tax code with a 10% flat income tax for those earning above $50,000, a flat 15% capital gains tax, and a 20% flat corporate tax rate. Gramm also said that he would support reducing funding for all domestic programs other than funding for veteran's programs, medicare, and social security to 1998 levels. The Former U.S. Senator from Texas called for less regulation of the health care and energy sectors.

August 20, 2007: Gore, Clark, and Bradley lead Democratic field; GOP race remains wide open

Al Gore 25%
Bill Bradley 23%
Wesley Clark 23%
Howard Dean 8%
John Kerry 5%
Al Sharpton 4%
Dick Gephardt 3%
Jerry Brown 2%
Gary Hart 2%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Iowa Democrats
Al Gore 23%
Bill Bradley 22%
Wesley Clark 22%
Howard Dean 5%
John Kerry 2%
Al Sharpton 2%
Dick Gephardt 1%
Jerry Brown 1%
Gary Hart 1%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

New Hampshire Democrats
Al Gore 21%
Bill Bradley 21%
Wesley Clark 21%
Howard Dean 5%
John Kerry 4%
Al Sharpton 4%
Dick Gephardt 2%
Jerry Brown 2%
Gary Hart 2%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Nevada Democrats
Al Gore 23%
Bill Bradley 20%
Wesley Clark 20%
Jerry Brown 7%
Howard Dean 3%
John Kerry 3%
Al Sharpton 3%
Dick Gephardt 1%
Gary Hart 1%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Michigan Democrats
Al Gore 23%
Bill Bradley 23%
Wesley Clark 23%
Howard Dean 7%
John Kerry 5%
Al Sharpton 5%
Dick Gephardt 2%
Jerry Brown 1%
Gary Hart 1%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

South Carolina Democrats
Wesley Clark 23%
Al Gore 20%
Bill Bradley 15%
Howard Dean 5%
John Kerry 5%
Al Sharpton 5%
Dick Gephardt 3%
Jerry Brown 2%
Gary Hart 2%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Florida Democrats
Al Gore 20%
Wesley Clark 18%
Bill Bradley 18%
Howard Dean 5%
John Kerry 5%
Al Sharpton 5%
Dick Gephardt 4%
Jerry Brown 1%
Gary Hart 1%
Tom Daschle 1%
John Edwards 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%

Bill Frist 12%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Phil Gramm 10%
Dan Quayle 7%
Mitt Romney 7%
Newt Gingrich 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Morry Taylor 3%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
George Pataki 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Iowa Republicans
Bill Frist 10%
Phil Gramm 10%
Dan Quayle 8%
Mitt Romney 7%
Rudy Giuliani 5%
Newt Gingrich 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Morry Taylor 3%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
George Pataki 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Rudy Giuliani 12%
Bill Frist 10%
Phil Gramm 10%
Mitt Romney 10%
George Pataki 7%
Tom Ridge 5%
George Pataki 4%
Dan Quayle 4%
Newt Gingrich 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Morry Taylor 3%
Alan Keyes 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%

Michigan Republicans
Mitt Romney 15%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Phil Gramm 10%
Bill Frist 8%
Morry Taylor 7%
Dan Quayle 7%
Alan Keyes 5%
Newt Gingrich 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Mike Huckabee 2%
George Pataki 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Nevada Republicans
Bill Frist 15%
Rudy Giuliani 12%
Phil Gramm 10%
Dan Quayle 8%
Mitt Romney 7%
Alan Keyes 5%
Newt Gingrich 2%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 2%
Morry Taylor 1%
Mike Huckabee 1%
George Pataki 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Bill Frist 17%
Phil Gramm 15%
Rudy Giuliani 8%
Dan Quayle 8%
Mitt Romney 5%
Newt Gingrich 5%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 5%
Alan Keyes 5%
Mike Huckabee 3%
George Pataki 1%
Morry Taylor 1%
Tom Ridge 1%

Florida Republicans
Bill Frist 10%
Phil Gramm 10%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Dan Quayle 7%
Mitt Romney 5%
Newt Gingrich 5%
George Pataki 3%
Tom Ridge 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Alan Keyes 2%
Mike Huckabee 1%
Morry Taylor 1%

BushKerry04

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2020, 12:54:36 PM »

August 25, 2007: Dean calls for $500 billion stimulus
MANCHESTER, NH: Democratic Presidential Hopeful Howard Dean proposed a $500 billion economic stimulus plan following what economists and the candidate have described as "sluggish" GDP growth. Dean's plan calls for expanding Medicaid by $100 billion, investing $100 billion in infrastructure, $50 billion in aid to farmers, $50 billion in new funding for the Small Business Administration to issue loans to businesses, $100 billion in new spending for vocational schools and higher education to award more scholarships and hire new staff, $50 billion in promoting green energy R&D, and $50 billion in new funding for medical schools to offer more paid internships and residencies. Dean said he's pay for his $500 billion stimulus by raising the top income tax rate to 40%.

September 4, 2007: Ridge, Pataki seek to appeal to New Hampshire's Independent voters
MANCHESTER, NH: Republican Presidential Hopefuls Tom Ridge and George Pataki are spending a great deal of time and money in New Hampshire, hoping for a win in January's presidential primary. Both candidates are unapologetically moderate, though Ridge is more willing to label himself as such. "I'm a fiscally conservative social moderate who has won elections in a state that leans Democratic," Ridge recently told a crowd of supporters. Ridge told CNN that, "My goal here in New Hampshire is to focus on issues instead of just labels. I have a plan to get us to a balanced budget so we can increase social security benefits for seniors, do more to support our veterans, and pay down part of the national debt. Voters in New Hampshire are looking for leadership, not partisanship" Similar to Ridge, Pataki has also focused on deficit reduction. "I want to provide minor tax relief and make some choices on spending that will strengthen social security and Medicare today so we can balance the budget, reduce debt, and cut taxes more tomorrow," Pataki told a group of voters at a recent town hall meeting. Pataki has also called for creating a federal open space preservation trust fund.
BushKerry04

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2020, 01:51:05 PM »

October 5, 2007: Presidential Candidates release fundraising numbers for Q3 of '07

Democrats:
Bill Bradley $30 million
Wesley Clark $28 million
Al Gore $28 million
Howard Dean $18 million
John Kerry $15.5 million
Al Sharpton $15 million
Jerry Brown $7 million
Dick Gephardt $5 million
John Edwards $3 million
Tom Daschle $2 million
Evan Bayh $2 million
Gary Hart $1.5 million
Dennis Kucinich $500,000
Jim Turner $320,000
Raymond Flynn $225,000

Republicans:
Phil Gramm $25 million
Mitt Romney $23 million
Bill Frist $18.5 million
Rudy Giuliani $17 million
Morry Taylor $10 million
Dan Quayle $7.5 million
Kay Bailey Hutchison $5 million
Newt Gingrich $3.7 million
George Pataki $3 million
Tom Ridge $2 million
Alan Keyes $1 million
Mike Huckabee $850,000

November 5, 2007: Sharpton calls for $1.5 trillion economic stimulus plan
IOWA CITY, IA: Democratic Presidential Candidate Al Sharpton put forth a $1.5 trillion economic stimulus proposal. The plan calls for $700 billion in investments in road and wastewater management infrastructure improvements, $300 billion in green energy subsidies, $200 billion for job training and vocational education, $100 billion to expand the number of higher educational pell grants, $100 billion to expand broadband internet access to rural communities, and $100 billion in tax deductions for small businesses. Sharpton says his plan will be paid for entirely by reversing tax cuts for those earning over $150,000 per year and limiting tax deductions for corporations.

December 5, 2007: Survey: Gore, Clark, and Bradley lead the Democratic field as Sharpton, Hart, and Brown make gains in early voting states; Gramm leads GOP field

Al Gore 27%
Wesley Clark 23%
Bill Bradley 21%
Howard Dean 4%
Jerry Brown 4%
Al Sharpton 4%
John Kerry 3%
Dick Gephardt 3%
Tom Daschle 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Gary Hart 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Jim Turner 1%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
John Edwards 1%

Iowa Democrats
Al Gore 25%
Wesley Clark 20%
Bill Bradley 20%
Al Sharpton 12%
Jerry Brown 5%
Howard Dean 5%
Others 3% or less

New Hampshire Democrats
Bill Bradley 28%
Al Gore 18%
Wesley Clark 18%
Howard Dean 8%
John Kerry 5%
Al Sharpton 3%
Jerry Brown 3%
Gary Hart 3%
Others 2% or less

Nevada Democrats
Al Gore 25%
Wesley Clark 23%
Bill Bradley 22%
Jerry Brown 10%
Al Sharpton 7%
Howard Dean 7%
John Kerry 4%
Others 2% or less

Michigan Democrats
Al Gore 23%
Wesley Clark 23%
Bill Bradley 19%
Howard Dean 8%
Al Sharpton 7%
Jerry Brown 5%
John Kerry 3%
Dick Gephardt 3%
Others 1% or less

South Carolina Democrats
Wesley Clark 25%
Al Gore 25%
Al Sharpton 10%
Bill Bradley 10%
Jerry Brown 5%
John Kerry 3%
Howard Dean 2%
John Edwards 2%
Others 1% or less

Phil Gramm 18%
Bill Frist 15%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Mitt Romney 8%
Dan Quayle 5%
Morry Taylor 5%
Alan Keyes 4%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Newt Gingrich 2%
Tom Ridge 2%
Mike Huckabee 1%
George Pataki 1%

Iowa Republicans
Phil Gramm 20%
Bill Frist 15%
Mitt Romney 15%
Morry Taylor 8%
Rudy Giuliani 7%
Dan Quayle 5%
Others 2% or less

Mitt Romney 23%
Rudy Giuliani 22%
Phil Gramm 10%
Bill Frist 10%
Tom Ridge 8%
Others 2% or less

Nevada Republicans
Bill Frist 15%
Phil Gramm 15%
Mitt Romney 12%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Alan Keyes 3%
Dan Quayle 3%
Morry Taylor 2%
Others 1% or less

Michigan Republicans
Mitt Romney 47%
Phil Gramm 10%
Bill Frist 8%
Rudy Giuliani 8%
Morry Taylor 8%
Others 1% or less

Phil Gramm 18%
Bill Frist 18%
Rudy Giuliani 15%
Mitt Romney 10%
Morry Taylor 8%
Alan Keyes 5%
Dan Quayle 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 3%
Others 2% or less
OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2020, 12:08:03 AM »

QUAYLE 2008
BushKerry04

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2020, 08:07:37 PM »

January 3, 2008: Gore, Gramm win Iowa caucuses; Bayh exits presidential race and endorses Clark for President

Democratic Caucus Results
Al Gore 25%
Bill Bradley 23%
Wesley Clark 22%
Al Sharpton 10%
Howard Dean 8%
Jerry Brown 3%
John Kerry 2%
Gary Hart 1%
Evan Bayh 1%
Dick Gephardt 1%
John Edwards 0.5%
Tom Daschle 0.4%
Raymond Flynn 0.2%
Jim Turner 0.2%
Dennis Kucinich 0.1%

GOP Caucus Results
Phil Gramm 25%
Bill Frist 21%
Mitt Romney 18%
Morry Taylor 10%
Dan Quayle 8%
Alan Keyes 5%
Rudy Giuliani 3%
Tom Ridge 3%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 2%
Newt Gingrich 2%
George Pataki 2%
Mike Huckabee 1%

January 10, 2008: Bradley, Romney win New Hampshire; Flynn, Turner, Edwards, Kerry, Hart, and Pataki exit presidential race

Democratic Primary Results
Bill Bradley 27%
Wesley Clark 23%
Al Gore 15%
Howard Dean 12%
Gary Hart 10%
Al Sharpton 4%
Jerry Brown 2%
John Kerry 2%
Dick Gephardt 1%
Raymond Flynn 1%
Tom Daschle 0.3%
John Edwards 0.2%
Jim Turner 0.2%
Dennis Kucinich 0.2%

GOP Primary Results
Mitt Romney 37%
Bill Frist 23%
Phil Gramm 20%
Tom Ridge 8%
Rudy Giuliani 5%
Morry Taylor 3%
Dan Quayle 2%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 2%
George Pataki 2%
Newt Gingrich 1%
Mike Huckabee 1%

January 12, 2008: Flynn, Turner, and Hart endorse Clark for President
CHARLESTON, SC: Former Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Raymond Flynn, Jim Turner, and Gary Hart traveled to South Carolina to endorse Retired General Wesley Clark for the 2008 Democratic Presidential Nomination just two days after exiting the presidential race themselves. "I ran for President because I wanted to bring practical, real world experience to the presidency. General Clark brings a lifetime of public service and leadership to the position," Flynn declared. "Democrats have to compete not only in places like New York and California, we have to compete in places like here in South Carolina and my home state of Texas. Wesley Clark is the candidate who can unite our party and win in 2008," Turner declared. "General Clark would bring to the presidency experience, leadership, honesty, integrity, and detailed plans of how to get things done. I'm enthusiastically endorsing his campaign for the presidency," Hart declared.

January 15, 2008: Clark, Romney win Michigan as Taylor defies expectations; Dean, Daschle, Quayle, Gingrich, and Huckabee exit presidential race

Wesley Clark 30%
Bill Bradley 18%
Al Gore 15%
Al Sharpton 10%
Howard Dean 8%
Jerry Brown 7%
Dick Gephardt 5%
Tom Daschle 3%
Dennis Kucinich 2%

GOP Primary Results
Mitt Romney 40%
Phil Gramm 18%
Morry Taylor 15%
Bill Frist 10%
Rudy Giuliani 7%
Dan Quayle 2%
Alan Keyes 1%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 1%
Tom Ridge 1%
Newt Gingrich 1%
Mike Huckabee 0.5%

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2020, 10:53:01 PM »

You’re really gonna make Quayle lose.... after I threw my support behind him? Much sadness T.T
BushKerry04

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »

You’re really gonna make Quayle lose.... after I threw my support behind him? Much sadness T.T

Sorry!
BushKerry04

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2021, 12:21:30 AM »

January 19, 2008: Phil Gramm wins South Carolina primary; Bradley and Romney win Nevada Caucuses

Nevada Democratic Caucuses
Bill Bradley 25%
Wesley Clark 24%
Jerry Brown 21%
Al Gore 18%
Al Sharpton 7%
Dick Gephardt 2%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

Nevada GOP Caucuses
Mitt Romney 37%
Phil Gramm 23%
Bill Frist 18%
Rudy Giuliani 10%
Morry Taylor 8%
Tom Ridge 2%
Alan Keyes 1%

South Carolina GOP Primary
Phil Gramm 30%
Bill Frist 23%
Mitt Romney 18%
Morry Taylor 15%
Kay Bailey Hutchison 5%
Rudy Giuliani 3%
Tom Ridge 2%
Alan Keyes 2%

January 20, 2008: Gephardt suspends campaign, endorses Wesley Clark for President
CHARLESTON, SC: Former Democratic House Leader Dick Gephardt traveled to Charleston, South Carolina to announce his decision to suspend his 2008 presidential campaign and to endorse fellow candidate Wesley Clark for President. "Democrats need a candidate for President with experience and someone who offers our country a bold vision for the future. I believe that Wesley Clark is that candidate," Gephardt declared during a joint press conference with Clark.

January 23, 2008: Hutchison suspends presidential campaign, endorses Gramm for President
WASHINGTON, DC: During an appearance on CNN, Republican Presidential Hopeful Kay Bailey Hutchison announced she would no longer campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. Hutchison also offered an endorsement of Former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm of Texas. "Senator Gramm is a friend of mine, and I think he has an understanding of the economic challenges we face. He's put forth a clear path to a flat tax and balanced budgets. That's how we are going to get our economy growing again," Hutchison declared.

January 26, 2008: Clark wins landslide victory in South Carolina
Wesley Clark 53%
Al Gore 18%
Al Sharpton 12%
Bill Bradley 10%
Jerry Brown 5%
Dennis Kucinich 1%
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2021, 11:39:48 PM »

Instead of Gramm and Clark Again, why can’t you let Dan Quayle have a moment to shine Sad
BushKerry04

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2021, 07:56:31 PM »

Instead of Gramm and Clark Again, why can’t you let Dan Quayle have a moment to shine Sad

Thanks for the feedback!
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2021, 07:58:51 PM »

Thanks for the feedback!

You’re welcome... Poor Dan Quayle
BushKerry04

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2021, 01:28:03 PM »

January 29, 2008: Gore, Romney win Florida presidential primary; Kucinich, Giuliani, and Ridge suspend campaigns

Al Gore 32%
Wesley Clark 30%
Bill Bradley 25%
Al Sharpton 8%
Jerry Brown 3%
Dennis Kucinich 1%

GOP Primary Results
Mitt Romney 30%
Phil Gramm 20%
Morry Taylor 15%
Rudy Giuliani 15%
Bill Frist 10%
Tom Ridge 5%
Alan Keyes 3%

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2021, 12:35:55 PM »

No endorsement, starting a third party draft Quayle movement
BushKerry04

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2021, 11:30:10 PM »

February 1, 2008: Frist suspends presidential campaign, endorses Mitt Romney for President
NASHVILLE, TN: Former U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist suspended his campaign for the 2008 GOP Presidential Nomination and announced his support of Mitt Romney's presidential campaign. "Mitt Romney is the candidate who can unite the Republican Party and win the general election. He represents our Republican values," Frist declared.

February 2, 2008: Sharpton, Brown suspend presidential campaigns; Sharpton backs Clark for President
WASHINGTON, DC: Democratic Presidential Hopefuls Al Sharpton and Jerry Brown announced they would suspend their campaigns for President. Brown made the announcement in a Youtube video where he thanked his supporters and pledged to support the eventual Democratic Presidential Nominee. Sharpton did so at a joint press conference with fellow candidate Wesley Clark, where he endorsed the Retired General for President. "I am proud of the campaign my supporters and I ran. We talked about issues important to the American people and the need to have a Democratic Party focused on the concerns of everyday Americans. I am supporting Wesley Clark for President because we agree on many issues and we share a commitment to restoring economic growth and promoting social justice," Sharpton declared. "I want to thank Reverand Sharpton for his support, and I congratulate him on the campaign he ran. I look forward to working with Al Sharpton to unite our Democratic Party, win the general election, and unite the country," Clark stated.

BushKerry04

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2021, 12:42:18 PM »

February 5, 2008: Super Tuesday

Democratic Primary & Caucus Results
Alabama: Wesley Clark 58% Al Gore 30% Bill Bradley 10%
American Samoa: Wesley Clark 60% Bill Bradley 25% Al Gore 14%
North Dakota: Al Gore 40% Wesley Clark 39% Bill Bradley 20%
Arizona: Wesley Clark 42% Bill Bradley 30% Al Gore 27%
Arkansas: Wesley Clark 75% Al Gore 15% Bill Bradley 8%
New Mexico: Wesley Clark 40% Al Gore 30% Bill Bradley 28%
California: Bill Bradley 37% Wesley Clark 33% Al Gore 28%
Alaska: Wesley Clark 55% Bill Bradley 30% Al Gore 14%
Colorado: Wesley Clark 60% Bill Bradley 25% Al Gore 14%
Oklahoma: Wesley Clark 60% Al Gore 23% Bill Bradley 15%
Connecticut: Bill Bradley 42% Wesley Clark 32% Al Gore 25%
Delaware: Wesley Clark 42% Bill Bradley 35% Al Gore 21%
New Jersey: Bill Bradley 53% Wesley Clark 33% Al Gore 12%
Georgia: Wesley Clark 72% Al Gore 18% Bill Bradley 8%
Idaho: Al Gore 40% Wesley Clark 37% Bill Bradley 22%
Tennessee: Al Gore 49% Wesley Clark 34% Bill Bradley 15%
Illinois: Wesley Clark 52% Bill Bradley 32% Al Gore 15%
Kansas: Wesley Clark 38% Al Gore 30% Bill Bradley 30%
Utah: Wesley Clark 52% Bill Bradley 37% Al Gore 10%
New York: Bill Bradley 42% Wesley Clark 38% Al Gore 19%
Massachusetts: Wesley Clark 40% Bill Bradley 39% Al Gore 20%
West Virginia: Al Gore 38% Wesley Clark 35% Bill Bradley 25%
Minnesota: Wesley Clark 72% Bill Bradley 20% Al Gore 7%
Missouri: Bill Bradley 45% Wesley Clark 28% Al Gore 25%

GOP Primary & Caucus Results
Alabama: Phil Gramm 52% Mitt Romney 30% Alan Keyes 10% Morry Taylor 7%
Alaska: Alan Keyes 34% Mitt Romney 30% Phil Gramm 30% Morry Taylor 4%
Arizona:Mitt Romney 45% Phil Gramm 40% Morry Taylor 8% Alan Keyes 5%
Arkansas: Phil Gramm 50% Mitt Romney 30% Morry Taylor 12% Alan Keyes 7%
Montana: Mitt Romney 70% Phil Gramm 20% Alan Keyes 7% Morry Taylor 2%
Utah: Mitt Romney 60% Phil Gramm 28% Alan Keyes 10% Morry Taylor 1%
California: Mitt Romney 50% Phil Gramm 35% Morry Taylor 8% Alan Keyes 7%
Colorado: Mitt Romney 53% Phil Gramm 41% Alan Keyes 3% Morry Taylor 1%
Minnesota: Mitt Romney 47% Morry Taylor 20% Phil Gramm 20% Alan Keyes 12%
Connecticut: Mitt Romney 56% Phil Gramm 34% Alan Keyes 7% Morry Taylor 2%
New York: Mitt Romney 55% Phil Gramm 30% Alan Keyes 10% Morry Taylor 4%
Missouri: Phil Gramm 40% Morry Taylor 30% Mitt Romney 27% Alan Keyes 1%
Delaware: Mitt Romney 50% Phil Gramm 40% Alan Keyes 5% Morry Taylor 4%
Oklahoma: Phil Gramm 67% Mitt Romney 23% Alan Keyes 5% Morry Taylor 4%
Massachusetts: Mitt Romney 62% Phil Gramm 30% Alan Keyes 5% Morry Taylor 2%
New Jersey: Mitt Romney 57% Phil Gramm 30% Alan Keyes 8% Morry Taylor 4%
Georgia: Phil Gramm 65% Mitt Romney 30% Alan Keyes 2% Morry Taylor 2%
Tennessee: Phil Gramm 50% Mitt Romney 38% Alan Keyes 8% Morry Taylor 3%
North Dakota: Alan Keyes 42% Mitt Romney 20% Phil Gramm 20% Morry Taylor 17%
Idaho: Mitt Romney 60% Alan Keyes 20% Phil Gramm 18% Morry Taylor 1%
Illinois: Morry Taylor 38% Mitt Romney 30% Alan Keyes 22% Phil Gramm 8%
West Virginia: Morry Taylor 30% Alan Keyes 27% Phil Gramm 23% Mitt Romney 19%

BushKerry04

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2021, 08:12:07 PM »

February 7, 2008: Gore suspends presidential campaign, endorses Wesley Clark for President
LINCOLN, NE: Former Vice President Al Gore announced he will suspend his presidential campaign and endorse Wesley Clark for President during a joint press conference with Clark in Nebraska. "I am supporting Wesley Clark for President because he shares my values, the values my supporters believe in, and he can win the general election," Gore said of Clark. "I want to thank Al Gore for his friendship, commitment to country, and I congratulate him and his supporters on the campaign they ran. I thank him for his endorsement," Clark declared.

February 9, 2008: Clark, Bradley, Gramm, and Romney secure victories; Keyes withdrawals from presidential race

Democratic Primary & Caucus Results
Louisiana: Wesley Clark 67% Bill Bradley 32%
Nebraska: Wesley Clark 65% Bill Bradley 34%
Washington: Wesley Clark 53% Bill Bradley 46%
Virgin Islands: Bill Bradley 50% Wesley Clark 49%

GOP Primary & Caucus Results
Louisiana: Phil Gramm 50% Mitt Romney 40% Alan Keyes 5% Morry Taylor 4%
Nebraska: Mitt Romney 40% Phil Gramm 32% Morry Taylor 20% Alan Keyes 7%
Washington: Mitt Romney 62% Phil Gramm 32% Alan Keyes 3% Morry Taylor 1%
Virgin Islands: Mitt Romney 90% Morry Taylor 3% Alan Keyes 3% Phil Gramm 2%
BushKerry04

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2021, 04:09:08 PM »

February 12, 2008: Clark, Romney, and Gramm secure wins in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington D.C.

Maryland Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 53% Bill Bradley 46%
GOP: Mitt Romney 60% Phil Gramm 32% Morry Taylor 7%

Virginia Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 70% Bill Bradley 28%
GOP: Phil Gramm 49% Mitt Romney 42% Morry Taylor 8%

Washington D.C. Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 90% Bill Bradley 8%
GOP: Mitt Romney 85% Phil Gramm 10% Morry Taylor 4%

February 19, 2008: Clark, Romney sweep primary contests

Wisconsin Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 60% Bill Bradley 39%
GOP: Mitt Romney 50% Phil Gramm 35% Morry Taylor 14%

Hawaii Caucus Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 50% Bill Bradley 49%
GOP: Mitt Romney 72% Phil Gramm 20% Morry Taylor 7%

March 4, 2008: Clark, Bradley, Romney, and Gramm secure victories

Texas Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 62% Bill Bradley 37%
GOP: Phil Gramm 70% Mitt Romney 27% Morry Taylor 2%

Ohio Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 65% Bill Bradley 34%
GOP: Mitt Romney 50% Phil Gramm 30% Morry Taylor 19%

Vermont Primary Results
Democratic: Bill Bradley 53% Wesley Clark 46%
GOP: Mitt Romney 50% Phil Gramm 35% Morry Taylor 14%

Rhode Island Primary Results
Democratic: Wesley Clark 54% Bill Bradley 44%
GOP: Mitt Romney 63% Phil Gramm 33% Morry Taylor
BushKerry04

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2021, 11:34:44 PM »

April 15, 2008: Survey: Clark, Romney well ahead, Democrats favored in general election

Wesley Clark 57%
Bill Bradley 34%

Pennsylvania Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 50%
Bill Bradley 40%

Guam Democratic Caucuses
Wesley Clark 70%
Bill Bradley 20%

Indiana Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 51%
Bill Bradley 41%

North Carolina Democratic Primary
Wesley Clark 57%
Bill Bradley 27%

National GOP Primary
Mitt Romney 47%
Phil Gramm 27%
Morry Taylor 5%

Pennsylvania GOP Primary
Mitt Romney 40%
Phil Gramm 28%
Morry Taylor 7%

Guam GOP Caucuses
Mitt Romney 80%
Phil Gramm 10%
Morry Taylor 1%

Indiana GOP Primary
Phil Gramm 35%
Mitt Romney 35%
Morry Taylor 10%

North Carolina GOP Primary
Mitt Romney 38%
Phil Gramm 30%
Morry Taylor 15%

Hypothetical General Election

Wesley Clark 47%
Mitt Romney 40%

Wesley Clark 50%
Phil Gramm 40%

Wesley Clark 50%
Morry Taylor 38%

Bill Bradley 45%
Mitt Romney 43%

Bill Bradley 47%
Phil Gramm 42%

Bill Bradley 49%
Morry Taylor 39%

National Congressional & Senate Races
Democratic Party Nominee 48%
Republican Party Nominee 43%
BushKerry04

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2021, 09:47:18 PM »

April 25, 2008: Clark, Romney win Pennsylvania Primary; Taylor suspends presidential campaign

Wesley Clark 60%
Bill Bradley 39%

Republican Primary Results
Mitt Romney 47%
Phil Gramm 40%
Morry Taylor 12%

May 1, 2008: Wesley Clark becomes Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee as Bradley suspends presidential campaign; Former U.S. Senator endorses Clark for President at North Carolina event
RALEIGH, NC: Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey announced that he will suspend his presidential campaign and endorse Retired General Wesley Clark for President, making Clark the presumptive 2008 Democratic Presidential Nominee. "I ran for President to promote our progressive values as Democrats while finding bipartisan solutions to the challenges we face, and today in the interest of doing just that, I'm suspending my campaign for President and endorsing my friend Wesley Clark for President. General Clark has the judgment, experience, and vision to lead," Bradley declared. "I want to thank Senator Bradley for his endorsement. Senator Bradley earned the support of millions of progressives across the nation, and I pledge to you that I will work hard to unite our party so we can win the general election," Clark declared. "My fellow Democrats, I am honored to be able to claim that thanks to the hard work, energy, and dedication of our campaign team, millions of volunteers across the country, and millions of voters across the country, I will be your nominee for President of the United States in 2008. Our campaign has always been about economic growth and fairness, social equality, and experience in foreign affairs. This is a message I will bring to every corner of our country between now and election day," he added.

May 2, 2008: Clark V.P. search begins; Retired General announces search committee
ARLINGTON, VA: Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark announced that Former Vice President Al Gore will lead his search committee for a running-mate. Also on the committee will be Former U.S. Secretary of Treasury Robert Rubin, U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan, Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeline Albright, and Former Governor of Virginia Douglas Wilder. According to media outlets and Democratic Party insiders, possible Clark running-mates include:

Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Mike Epsy
Former Governor of Washington Gary Locke
U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein of California
U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio
U.S. Senator Patty Murray of Washington
Former U.S. Senator and Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill Bradley of New Jersey
Former U.S. Senator Carol Moseley-Braun of Illinois
Former Democratic Presidential Hopeful and Reverand Al Sharpton of New York
Congresswoman Linda Sanchez of California
Congresswoman Marcy Kaptur of Ohio

May 3, 2008: Romney wins Guam Caucuses
Mitt Romney 67%
Phil Gramm 32%

BushKerry04

« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2021, 08:52:34 PM »

May 6, 2008: Romney wins primary contests
Indiana: Mitt Romney 49.9% Phil Gramm 49.5%
North Carolina: Mitt Romney 57% Phil Gramm 42%

May 10, 2008: Gramm suspends presidential campaign, Mitt Romney secures Republican Presidential Nomination
BOSTON, MA: During a joint press conference in Boston, Massachusetts, Republican Presidential Hopeful Phil Gramm suspended his campaign for the 2008 Republican Presidential Nomination and endorsed Former Governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney for President, making Romney the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President. “Governor Romney and I debated the issues throughout this campaign, and I’ve heard the voters loudly and clearly. I believe in lower taxes and less regulation, that more decisions should be made at the local level, and that our lawmakers should strictly adhere to the constitution. In the interest of uniting our party and winning in November, I’m suspending my campaign for President and look forward to supporting Mitt Romney for President,” Gramm stated. “I want to thank Senator Gramm, his family, and his supporters for their positive contributions to our civic discourse. As the nominee of the Republican Party, I will do everything I can to unite those who supported Senator Gramm and the other candidates in the primary so we can move forward and win the general election,” Romney declared. “I’m honored and humbled to be the presumptive nominee of the Republican Party for President. Our campaign succeeded despite the odds. We succeeded because people want leadership from outside of Washington D.C. to help move our economy forward,” he said.
BushKerry04

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2021, 04:16:41 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2021, 04:19:48 PM by BushKerry04 »

May 15, 2008: Survey: Clark leads Romney nationally, in most swing states
WASHINGTON, DC: A new NBC/WSJ survey finds that Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark leads Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney nationally and in several swing states in the first general election survey of the campaign season. Nationally, Clark leads Romney 49% to 42%. Clark also leads Romney in Colorado (47%-43%), New Mexico (48%-41%), Nevada (47%-44%), Pennsylvania (48%-43%), New Hampshire (49%-40%), Virginia (49%-39%), Wisconsin (47%-42%), and Florida (45%-44%). Romney leads Clark in Michigan (47%-45%), North Carolina (48%-45%), and Ohio (47%-43%).

May 17, 2008: Possible Clark and Romney running-mates

Clark
Former U.S. Secretary of Treasury Robert Rubin
Former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Mike Epsy
Former Deputy U.S. Attorney General Jamie Gorelick
Former Governor of Washington Gary Locke
Former Governor of North Carolina Bev Purdue
U.S. Senator Diane Feinstein of California
Former U.S. Senator & Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill Bradley of New Jersey
Former U.S. Senator & Clark for President national campaign co-chair Carol Moseley-Braun of Illinois
Congressman Raul Grijalva of Arizona
Congressman Bobby Rush of Illinois

Romney
Former U.S. Attorney General John Ashcroft
Former U.S. Secretary of Treasury John W. Snow
Former Governor of Florida Jeb Bush
Former Governor of Wisconsin Tommy Thompson
Former Congressman JC Watts of Oklahoma
U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska
Former U.S. Senator & Republican Presidential Hopeful Phil Gramm of Texas
Former U.S. Senate Republican Leader & Presidential Hopeful Bill Frist of Tennessee
Businesswoman Carly Fiorina of California
Businesswoman Meg Whitman of California

BushKerry04

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2021, 01:00:35 PM »

July 5, 2008: Clark announces Bradley as Democratic Vice Presidential Nominee
DENVER, CO: Presumptive Democratic Presidential Nominee Wesley Clark announced that Former U.S. Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, who placed second in the 2000 and 2008 primary season, will be his running-mate in the general election. Clark made the announcement during a campaign event in Denver, Colorado. "Bill Bradley has the legislative experience to help get things done, the intellect and judgment to serve as a trusted adviser, and he's someone with integrity whom I'm proud to call a friend," Clark stated. "Wesley Clark and I are ready to make the case to the people of this country that we can do better, we must do better, and with your help, we will do better at making sure everyone in this great country of ours has an equal chance to get ahead," Bradley declared.

August 1, 2008: Romney announces Murkowski as running-mate
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, MI: Presumptive Republican Presidential Nominee Mitt Romney traveled to his native state of Michigan to announce that U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska will be his running-mate in the 2008 presidential election. "Lisa Murkowski is an independent voice who believes in the principles of free markets and fiscal responsibility. Senator Murkowski understands the challenges and opportunities we face, and she will be my partner in getting things done for the American people," Romney declared. "Mitt Romney's experience in the private sector and as a Governor compliments my legislative experience. Together, we will work with Congress and the people of this country to deliver on health care, on tax cuts, on balancing the budget, and on promoting conservation," Murkowski declared.

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2021, 02:15:14 PM »

Clark and Romney have done very well in all of your timelines, why couldn’t we get Dan Quayle or something
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies