2008 with a larger field
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:46:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008 with a larger field
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: 2008 with a larger field  (Read 12466 times)
BushKerry04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2022, 09:45:24 PM »

September 17, 2012: Survey: President Clark maintains double-digit lead; Americans approve of nation's direction

National Presidential Race
Wesley Clark 54%
Mitch McConnell 40%

Presidential race in key states, candidate and running-mate home states
New Jersey: Clark 57% McConnell 34%
Arkansas: Clark 60% McConnell 35%
Washington: Clark 56% McConnell 35%
New Mexico: Clark 55% McConnell 37%
Colorado: Clark 55% McConnell 37%
Pennsylvania: Clark 52% McConnell 34%
Michigan: Clark 52% McConnell 37%
Wisconsin: Clark 50% McConnell 40%
Virginia: Clark 51% McConnell 39%
Florida: Clark 50% McConnell 38%
Iowa: Clark 49% McConnell 39%
Ohio: Clark 50% McConnell 42%
North Carolina: Clark 52% McConnell 42%
Georgia: Clark 49% McConnell 44%
Arizona: Clark 47% McConnell 43%
Missouri: Clark 45% McConnell 44%
Kentucky: McConnell 50% Clark 40%

Clark approval
Approve: 60%
Disapprove: 35%

Bradley approval
Approve: 55%

U.S. Senate approval
Approve: 45%
Disapprove: 45%

House of Representatives approval
Approve: 45%
Disapprove: 44%

Congressional Democrats approval
Approve: 47%
Disapprove: 43%

Congressional Republicans approval
Approve: 42%
Disapprove: 45%

Direction of the Country
Right direction: 65%
Wrong direction: 30%

BushKerry04

« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2022, 07:49:20 PM »

October 1, 2012: Clark campaign launches "Republicans for Clark" coalition; former GOP Governors will travel to swing states in support of the President's re-election
ARLINGTON, VA: President Wesley Clark's re-election campaign announced that former Governors Christie Todd Whitman (R-NJ), Jodi Rell (R-CT), and Bill Weld (R-MA) will make several campaign stops through election day to urge Republicans to support President Wesley Clark's re-election efforts. The three will be co-chairs of the "Republicans for Clark" coalition.

October 3, 2012: Clark, McConnell participate in 1st presidential debate

Moderator: Are Americans better off today than they were four years ago, and why should Americans trust you to ensure they are better off in four years from now and not your opponent?

Clark: When I became President, we were facing a financial crisis, record foreclosures, the steepest recession in generations, and growing inequality. Our administration, Congress, and the American people went to work to restore growth and fairness to the economy, promote equality in all areas of our society, and strengthen the safety net. We passed the Economic Recovery and Growth Act on a bipartisan basis, the bill has delivered tax relief for 98% of Americans and continues to fund incentives for job creation, expanded access to medicaid, and funding for higher education. Thanks to our economic program, the economy has added over 8.7 million new jobs, business formation continues to increase, median income is up over $2,000, and a record number of Americans now have access to health care and higher education. Senator McConnell voted against the initial Recovery and Growth Act and subsequent funding, I will continue to expand the act in a second term. I've also worked on a bipartisan basis to pass legislation to confront the climate crisis, strengthen and expand civil rights and equal pay law, and invest in public education with merit pay for teachers and new supports for struggling districts and special needs classrooms. We've made progress as CO2 emissions have fallen 30%, educational outcomes have improved for everyone, and the gender pay gap has shrunk. But we have more work to do, and I believe my agenda helps build on the progress of the past four years.

McConnell: While I join the President in celebrating the economic recovery of the past three years, in three areas, I believe Americans are worse off today than they were four years ago. First, this administration has increased taxes on businesses. They say it's only 2% of businesses, but these businesses create millions of American jobs. If we want to accelerate the economic recovery, we should lower taxes on those who create jobs in America. Secondly, the national debt remains too high. If we want to keep inflation and interest rates low, we have to reduce the national debt. The debt was too high during the Bush administration as well, but that's no excuse for inaction today. And third, this administration has increased regulations on community financial institutions. This has made it more challenging for people in small towns in particular and farmers to get loans. I believe I'm prepared to ensure we are better off in four years from now because I have the experience and track record of delivering for the American people. I worked with both parties, including this administration, to return money to the American farmer and support the agricultural sector. This has helped maintain and lower food prices. During the prior administration, I worked to make tax relief permanent. I was part of a bipartisan coalition in the 1990s to help enact welfare reform. So when I say I'll reduce regulation, return money and power to states, and move us to a flat tax, Americans can trust I'll get the job done.

Moderator: Both of you claim that you can move us towards a balanced federal budget, yet you've accused one another of not being able to get us there. Why are you the better candidate on fiscal responsibility?

Clark: When I took office four years ago, Senator McConnell and Republican leadership left me with a record deficit. Even before the financial crisis, Senator McConnell and Republican leadership delivered huge deficits. Working with Democrats and Republicans, we've managed to exercise fiscal responsibility. We've asked the wealthiest 2% of Americans to pay just a little more in taxes to fund the investments we've made. At the same time, we've delivered tax relief to 98% of Americans and businesses. As the economy has grown and unemployment has fallen by 50%, we've seen a 50% reduction in the federal budget deficit and no new debt. Everyone continues to see their incomes rise, including the wealthy. If we saw no new economic growth for the next decade, we could balance the budget by 2018. But multiple studies have concluded economic growth will increase, allowing us to eliminate the budget deficit by 2015 and balance the budget by 2016. We can achieve this while dedicating 30% of new revenue to social security and medicare and maintaining the investments we are making without increasing taxes on 98% of Americans. Or we can support a $2 trillion tax scheme Senator McConnell is proposing which would primarily benefit the wealthiest Americans. The choice is clear, I have a record of fiscal responsibility and tax cuts for 98% of Americans while Senator McConnell has supported deficits and trillions in tax cuts for the wealthy.

McConnell: In the 1990s, I proudly supported the effort to balance the federal budget, cut taxes, and reform welfare. This led to economic growth and a reduction in the federal budget deficit. In 2006, I helped lead the effort to make the Bush tax cuts permanent. The middle class would have seen their taxes increase by thousands of dollars had we not made those tax cuts permanent. The President is right that he was faced with a budget deficit and enormous national debt when he took office. Today, the budget deficit is no lower than it was prior to that recession as the national debt has not been reduced by a penny under this administration. So the question now is, where do we go from here? The President has increased spending and taxes, now he says he can continue to spend without increasing taxes on 98% of Americans. But he has increased taxes on those who are creating jobs. If we continue to tax job creators, they'll create less jobs and tax revenue will decline as a result. I want to cut taxes for everyone, not just the wealthy, and my plan get us to a balanced federal budget in four years through a combination of spending reform and encouraging economic growth with lower taxes and fewer regulatory burdens on American businesses. This will ensure funding for social security, medicare, and medicaid. Additionally, I want to send money and power back to states. I think states should have more say over education, housing, and medicaid than they do today.

Moderator: Both of you state that confronting inequality is important to you, and that you want to defend civil rights and civil liberties. Why do you believe you are the better candidate in this regard?

Clark: Over the past four years, working with Congress and the American people, we have managed to confront inequality. We have provided funding and statute giving the Department of Justice resources to crack down on those who violate pay equity and civil rights law. We've worked to increase pay transparency and are working with local officials and non-profits to prosecute those engaging in housing discrimination. The gender pay gap has begun to shrink, jobs are being created in every community thanks to the tax incentives we've implemented, access to housing has increased, businesses across America have adopted policies that inform employees of their rights and offer both pay transparency and equity, and the education achievement gap is continuing to shrink. But our work is far from over. In a second term, I want to strengthen voting rights, do even more to make sure environmental investments include investments in climate justice, double funding for health clinics in every community, and double affordable housing stock by providing grants and subsidies to local communities and non-profit organizations. I believe that I have the track record of results and the right program to strengthen civil rights and civil liberties" - Wesley Clark

McConnell: I want to return more money and power to states and individuals because I think too much power has become concentrated in Washington D.C. not only during this administration but prior administrations as well. In the United States Senate, I have a long track record of supporting greater equality. I have voted in favor of the Violence Against Women Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and joined the President in supporting the Civil Rights and Equal Pay Enforcement Act. We have differences on issues, from taxes to health care to education and regulation. But on this issue, the President and I are in agreement that there should be enforcement of civil rights and equal pay law. I would not change course in that regard if elected. But I would change course in terms of the overall role of the federal government. I would not only reverse unnecessary and onerous regulations implemented under this administration but the prior administration as well. For example, I would repeal and replace the energy bill Bush signed into law in 2007 with something that keeps in place incentives for green energy without mandates. If elected, I'll defend civil rights while allowing Americans to keep more of what they earn and be free from excessive government intervention" - Mitch McConnell

Moderator: Education and health care have become topics of conversation on the campaign trail. Mr. President, you have said that you feel the nation is better off today thanks to reforms you've put in place, but say more work needs to be done in a second term. Specifically, what reforms do you believe are necessary? Senator McConnell, you supported the President's education reforms, but opposed his health care plan. How would you be different than the President on education and health care if elected?

Clark: I signed the Education Reform Act of 2010 into law, which is doubling funding for special needs classrooms, investing in districts with budgetary constraints at the local level, and incentivizing states to pay teachers more. It also funds new pell grants and has lowered the cost of community college and vocational training. We've seen an increase in educational outcomes such as test scores and the graduation rate, teacher salaries are increasing, and more students are enrolled in higher education than ever before as the cost of community college and vocational school is down 30%. What I've proposed moving forward is new funding for classrooms investing in technology, helping struggling districts hire more teachers, and providing states with the resources to lower the cost of public universities like we did for community colleges and vocational schools. As far as health insurance, we've expanded Medicaid, created a new Medigap subsidy, helped the middle class buy health insurance through increasing the tax deductibility, and provided more funding for community health clinics and hospitals in every community with a special focus on women's health care services that had not been funded in the past. Today, 18 million more Americans have access to health insurance, and the rate of increase in premiums is half of what it was four years ago. In a second term, I want to encourage competitition and lower prices in health insurance markets, continue to expand affordable access for both consumers and providers, and lower the cost of prescription drugs by increasing funding for Medicare Part D." - Wesley Clark

McConnell: I have been a strong supporter of parental choice in education. I believe in school choice and vouchers to help students succeed regardless of their household income or zip code. I believe that while most education decisions should be made at the local level, those schools receiving federal funds should have standards to meet. The President and I did find common ground in this regard. I have also supported funding for pell grants and job training programs. Where I think we differ is how money and power are allocated in the area of education. I want to block-grant the majority of education funding to states, including funding for vouchers. As far as health care, I said at the time we were debating health care that I favor tort reform, allowing people to purchase insurance across state lines, and increasing the federal tax-deductibility of health insurance. The President included one of these three principles into his legislation but also included adding billions of dollars to the Medicaid program paid for through tax increases. The plan I've supported and continue to support would be paid for entirely by more efficiently allocating existing subsidies. But let me make this clear, I will not cut Medicaid one penny if I'm elected. One of the reasons I support a balanced budget and a balanced budget amendment is because I think Congress should have to prioritize items in the budget such as Medicaid without going deeper into debt. We can lower the cost of health insurance for every American without higher taxes and more government" - Mitch McConnell

BushKerry04

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2022, 02:07:18 PM »

October 11, 2012: Bradley, McMorris Rogers participate in vice presidential debate

Moderator: What is or would be the defining characteristic of your vice presidency, and what issue or issues would you champion if elected or re-elected?

Bradley: The President and I have enjoyed a friendship and partnership. I view the Vice Presidency as an advisory role that consists of helping the President craft an agenda, working with the President and all stakeholders to make that agenda reality, and serving as a liaison between the President and Congress since the Vice President is the President of the United States Senate. Anyone who knows the President knows he's hands-on when it comes to crafting legislation, policy, and the legislative process. I'm proud to have worked side-by-side with him on the entirety of the work we've done. As the American people know, I've been particularly involved in health care, environmental protection, and trade over the course of the past four years. My office has been on the front lines of confronting the climate crisis, implementing health care reform, and making sure trade agreements are fair to the American worker. We've worked with the President, his office, and cabinet secretaries on these issues and so many others. If re-elected, I'll continue to serve as a partner and advisor to the President. I'll continue to advance this administration's agenda and focus on things such as health care, the environment, and trade that require experience and attention.

McMorris Rogers: When Senator McConnell asked me to join this ticket, we came to the conclusion that the most effective role for me would be to serve as a governing partner for him if we are honored with the people's vote this November. We believe the Vice President should be involved in the administration of the President's policies and be an integral part of serving as a liaison between the executive and legislative branches of government. One of the key policies we'll advocate for if elected would be balancing the federal budget and getting a balanced budget amendment through Congress. That involves a lot of analysis, looking at specific provisions of federal expenditures, and working with multiple stakeholders to get the job done. Senator McConnell and I believe we can balance the budget, cut taxes, fund our military, and meet our obligations to our veterans, seniors, and those struggling. But there will be choices on spending that will require us to do more with less and send funding back to states. But we know that to keep interest rates and inflation low, we have to balance the federal budget. We have a program that will help get us there, and a great deal of my time as Vice President will be making sure our budget is balanced and taxes are low.

Moderator: Each of you is popular with your party's respective political bases, but what do you say to independent voters who are more moderate than those respective bases who might feel you are not ideologically aligned with them on policy?

Bradley: It's true, I am a proud progressive. As a citizen, Senator, and now as Vice President working with the President, I have always championed a strong safety net, helping workers get ahead, quality schools, environmentalism, civil rights, and equal rights for women. But at the same time, I am always willing to listen to those with whom I have policy disagreements. In the Senate, I worked with my colleagues in both parties to reduce the deficit and save social security. I voted for welfare reform and bipartisan health care expansion. The President and I have worked with Republicans on many, really most of our significant accomplishments from tax cuts to green energy investments and funding for higher education. Senator McConnell and Congresswoman McMorris Rogers voted against our economic agenda even as some of their colleagues worked with us on a bipartisan basis. The choice in this campaign is between principled leadership that gets things done and obstructionism and partisanship. Shortly after Senator McConnell won his party's nomination for President, former Republican Governors and even former President Bush's treasury secretary endorsed the President and I. They cited our bipartisan accomplishments on tax reform, education, and climate change for their endorsements, as well as our commitment to deficit reduction and doing more to increase the solvency of social security. Even Christie Todd Whitman, who once ran against me when I was in the senate, now supports the President and I. The President and I both are principled progressives, but we work with anyone to get things done for the people of this nation.

McMorris Rogers: In the House of Representatives and as a state legislator, I have delivered for the people of my district and our country. And it's no secret I'm a proud conservative who believes in lower taxes, free markets, and conservative values. I've opposed tax increases, unfunded mandates, and have been a proponent of balancing the federal budget. That's why Senator McConnell and I have been calling for a constitutional balanced budget amendment for years now. Economic and social conservatives have supported my campaigns and voting record in Congress, and I'm honored to have their support in this campaign. They know I've stood up for my conservative values and the principles of the people who I work for, but I've also embraced bipartisanship in areas where I've found common ground with Democrats. I applaud the President and Vice President for all they've done to support our veterans, I proudly voted in favor of the bipartisan legislation they championed. I also voted with the President and Vice President on education reform. So there are areas where we can work together. But what the American people can expect from Senator McConnell and I if we win is leadership committed to balancing the federal budget, returning power and money to states, and empowering individuals. We do intend to work with Democrats, but we'll stand up for the policies we advocate for during this campaign. I think independent voters want leadership focused on fiscal responsibility, and that's what Senator McConnell and I offer.

Blow by blow, the passion dies
LeonelBrizola
YaBB God
Brazil

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2022, 03:03:43 PM »

I had added several candidates (John Kasich, etc) and you did not include them. Most were unrealistic tbh
BushKerry04

« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2022, 08:01:41 PM »

Moderator: 

October 16, 2012: Clark, McConnell participate in second presidential debate

Moderator: Both of you have touted your foreign policy leadership and credentials throughout the course of this campaign. What are some similarities and differences between your opponent and you in terms of your foreign policy experience and views?

Clark: I am not a career politician, I spent most of my career serving our nation in uniform. I understand what our troops go through because I went through it myself, and I understand what our Generals go through because I served in that capacity. I understand our military, diplomacy, and the world. Over these four years, we've built strong alliances with our allies, invested more in our military, and defended the interests of our country. I believe a strong America demands we support our armed services and law enforcement, enhance intelligence gathering, and protect our interests. That's what I've done throughout my first term, I'll continue that work in a second term. I'm also proud to have worked with our allies to increase economic development, stand up for human rights, and we are currently negotiating an international climate change agreement that will help confront climate change. We've also continued to support free trade while maintaining foreign aid, including continuing former President Bush's program to bring medicine to Africa. I think the biggest difference between Senator McConnell and I is, he's been less willing to support strong alliances with our allies. Senator McConnell opposes international agreements on climate change. We have a difference of philosophy, that's the difference in this campaign.

McConnell: I've been involved in every foreign policy debate over the course of the past few decades, I've represented our nation overseas, and I've met with Secretaries of State and Defense on multiple occasions in the past. I've learned the issues, I know the players on the world stage, and I understand how the world works. I have sponsored or co-sponsored bills in the United States Senate that have helped strengthen America's leadership role and the world and promote freedom. The American people have a choice to make in this campaign, it's a choice based on differences between the President and I on policy. The President believes that Washington should do more on health care, housing, and green energy. I believe more power and influence should be returned to states, businesses, and the American people. The President has increased taxes to fund more spending, I believe in lower taxes and a constitutional balanced budget amendment. But on foreign policy, I've generally agreed with the administration. The only disagreement we have as the President mentioned is on the international agreement on climate change, I don't believe it's enforceable. But the President knows that I am grateful to him for his service in uniform. I am ready to lead this country on foreign policy, but I'm not saying the President isn't.

Moderator: Why are you the better candidate to lead on the issue of free trade?

Clark: I said four years ago that I believe free trade should also be fair to workers and be consistent with environmental standards and human rights. The U.S. is exporting more today compared to four years ago, workers' wages are up in America, emissions are down here and with most of our trading partners, safety standards are higher, and we are making progress in enhancing human rights. We've raised our minimum wage while encouraging our trading partners to do the same and worked to enhance safety standards with independent inspectors, these conditions have been met where they've been needed. We've also worked with our allies to advance human rights on every continent, including our own. We are working with Mexico and Canada for example to stop cross-border human trafficking, which is down. We'll continue to support law enforcement and help save victims. And on the environment, CO2 emissions have fallen by 30% in our country as well as in Mexico, Canada, and other trading partners in Europe and South America because we are exporting green energy and promoting economic development absent fossil fuels. We'll continue to support free trade that is fair. Senator McConnell and I have some agreement on trade, but Senator McConnell also opposed our budgets that have allowed us to invest in green energy and support law enforcement stopping human trafficking.

McConnell: I have a long record of supporting free trade, and I have a long record of standing up for the American worker. In the 1990s, I voted for the North American Free Trade Agreement because of the benefits to the American farmer. I'm also proud to have been an ally of the American farmer, including helping to strengthen the farm income stabilization program during this administration and working to provide tax relief for farmers during the Bush administration. While NAFTA has benefited some manufacturers, it has created challenges for others. In foreseeing those challenges, I have opposed higher taxes and new regulations that have made it more attractive to send American manufacturing jobs overseas. One of the reasons I want to balance the budget, roll back onerous regulations, and move to a flat tax is to help encourage manufacturing to return to America. I think I'm the better candidate on this issue because only my economic agenda will bring American manufacturing jobs back to our shores without giving up the benefits free trade has had for the agricultural sector. My plan makes it less expensive to start a manufacturing business and earn a profit doing so. I have said that I will continue to support free trade, but I'll level the playing field because I believe in the American entrepruenur and the American worker.

Moderator: Mr. President, four years ago you pledged to sign comprehensive immigration reform into law during your first term, and today your administration and congressional leaders started negotiations towards achieving that goal. What specifically do you propose should be included in the bill? And Senator McConnell, do you support these bipartisan efforts and what would a McConnell immigration policy look like?

Clark: Immigrants are a part of our national character and story, they are our friends and neighbors, and they enrich our communities and contribute to the American economy. When I became President, I made it a priority to welcome legal immigration, help dreamers who were brought here at a young age become legal, accept refugees fleeing oppression, and ensure our border is secure. Our administration has increased the number of refugees and legal immigrants we welcome into our country, gave legal status to dreamers, and continued the policy of the Bush administration by increasing border patrol agents. Today, legal immigration has increased and illegal border crossings have declined by nearly 50% since I took office. The Vice President and I are working with our administration, Congress, law enforcement, and others to pass comprehensive immigration reform. While negotiations are ongoing, our position has been that we emphasize funding for border security, a pathway to citizenship for law-abiding undocumented workers, and citizenship for dreamers. We also support a temporary worker program. In a second term, we'll continue to encourage legal immigration, be a beacon of hope for refugees, help dreamers achieve full citizenship, and implement comprehensive immigration reform that funds border security.

McConnell: I have long been a proponent of a secure border. I voted in favor of the Secure Fence Act of 2006 and supported the Bush administration's policy of increasing border patrol agents, I also supported this administration continuing that policy. Where the President and I differ is on the issue of citizenship. I don't believe undocumented immigrants should have the opportunity to apply for citizenship until they get in the back of the line with everyone seeking to be a citizen of our country. The President supports an immediate pathway to citizenship without asking undocumented immigrants to first get a green card. I told the President in private, and I'll say it in public, I am not totally opposed to a pathway to legal status. I also would encourage the administration to defund sanctuary cities and put in place stronger protections to deny welfare benefits to undocumented immigrants. So I'll see what the final bill looks like, but my proposal is doubling border patrol agents, making it unlawful for jurisdictions to declare themselves sanctuaries for undocumented immigrants, and mandating employment verification while increasing penalties and crimes for knowingly hiring undocumented immigrants. Furthermore, I want to encourage states to base welfare spending on family size to reduce the likelihood of undocumented immigrants getting welfare benefits. 

BushKerry04

« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2022, 08:35:03 PM »

October 22, 2012: Clark, McConnell participate in final presidential debate; candidates answer questions from voters

Voter: Mr. President, like most Americans I am pleased with the economic growth of the past four years. But moving forward, I'm concerned that we aren't doing enough to compete in a global economy. What policies do you support to ensure we are more competitive as a nation?

Clark: Thank you for your question, and it's an important one. I've toured farms and factories, walked Main Streets, and spoken with both business and labor across the nation not just during this campaign, but for the past four years. When it comes to foreign competition, there are really two things I hear over and over again. We have to ensure our labor force has the skills necessary to compete and are compensated well, and we need to lower the cost of operating businesses in America. We've begun this work over the past four years by passing and implementing education reform that is paying teachers more, increasing the number of special needs classrooms, and helping struggling districts. This, plus funding for higher education and job training, has meant better educational outcomes and higher enrollment in college and vocational training. We'll continue these policies in a second term while investing in technology in America's classrooms. We've also raised the minimum wage and have enforced equal pay for women. We'll continue to advance pay transparency and ensure equal pay for equal work. And we've done three important things to lower costs for businesses. First, we cut taxes by 25% for Main Street businesses. Secondly, we've provided incentives for job creation and grants for R&D. And third, we've helped provide health insurance to people which has actually kept worker's compensation insurance costs in line with inflation. I want to expand these policies in a second term, and I want to create a new tax incentive for manufacturing products in America.

McConnell: My economic agenda would make us more competitive by replacing the current tax code with a flat tax, rolling back onerous regulations, and balancing the federal budget to keep inflation and interest rates low. This is an agenda that will help businesses compete in a global economy while helping workers keep more of what they earn. I've also been a strong proponent of supporting the American agricultural sector, which competes in the global economy. I've worked to strengthen supports for the American farmer in terms of adequate access to crop insurance and tax relief. The President and I have some agreements as it relates to agriculture, but we have a very big difference as it relates to taxes. The President signed into law an increase in the capital gains tax for high net worth individuals, I want to encourage more investment in America by reversing that tax increase and moving towards a flat tax. My tax plan benefits everyone, it particularly helps middle and lower-income Americans but it also encourages investors and businesses to invest in America and American business. Look, I come from a rural state that has to compete in a global economy like they do in Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan, and across the country. My state benefits from lower taxes, less regulation, and balanced budgets. I'm not from a wealthy state, I didn't grow up particularly wealthy. But this issue of competitiveness has to be about encouraging entrepreneurship, not if we are going to cut taxes for the 99% or the 1%.

Voter: Senator McConnell, you are proposing a large tax cut, but say you'll also balance the federal budget. However, during the Bush administration, taxes were cut and the deficit increased dramatically. Why should voters trust you that you can both cut taxes and balance the budget without cutting social security, medicare, or medicaid?

McConnell: In the 1990s, we did cut taxes and balance the budget on a bipartisan basis. I voted for balanced budgets and tax cuts. When I led the effort in the United States Senate to make tax relief permanent in 2006 working with the Bush administration, I told the administration and Congress we also needed to find areas to save taxpayer dollars. The administration actually proposed social security reform that would have saved taxpayer dollars, unfortunately, some in my own party disagreed with even debating the issue. So you can trust me by looking at my record. In addition to tax relief, I voted for the largest expansion of Medicare since the creation of the program. As for my current proposal, my tax plan is revenue-neutral. It eliminates all loopholes and deductions and moves us towards a 15% flat tax on income, business income, and capital gains above $40,000 per year. This will also help us increase economic growth, which in turn will increase federal revenues, which will then help us balance the federal budget. On top of that, I want to cap non-defense discretionary spending to the rate of inflation and pass a constitutional balanced budget amendment. The President's proposals rely on tax increases and budget gimmicks to balance the budget. He has no plan to reform social security or medicare, and his only proposal on Medicaid is to raise taxes to expand the program. My plan would maximize economic growth, cut taxes, and balance the federal budget.

Clark: When I took office four years ago, Senator McConnell and Republican leadership had increased the national debt, gave us record deficits, and provided tax relief for the very wealthy. Working with Democrats and Republicans, I'm proud to have cut taxes for 98% of Americans and Main Street businesses, limited or closed corporate tax loopholes, and asked the wealthy to pay what they did in the 1990s in order to pay for my economic agenda and yes, we have expanded access to health insurance including Medicaid. I make no apology for the fact that 18 million more Americans now have insurance and millions more with preexisting conditions won't be able to be denied insurance. Compared to four years ago, the deficit has been cut in half, we've added no new debt, and federal revenue is up by 45%. Now, you have a choice. Senator McConnell  voted for tax cuts for the wealthy, but voted against our tax cuts for 98% of Americans. Now, he's proposing an economic program that will cut taxes primarily for the very wealthy, reduce federal revenue by $1 trillion, add to the deficit, and fail to secure funding for the safety net. My program is to continue and build on the policies of the past four years. And I am the only candidate on this stage who has pledged to dedicate a percentage of new federal revenues to increasing the solvency of social security and medicare. My economic plan gets us to a balanced budget, it doesn't add to the deficit as my opponent's proposal does.

Moderator: Now, it's time for your closing statements

Clark: As a soldier, General, in the private sector, and as President, I've been guided by my principles and a belief in serving others. I believe in treating all with dignity and respect, telling the truth, and promoting the national interest. When I became President, we were facing a financial crisis, record foreclosures, the steepest recession in generations, and growing inequality. Some doubted America's leadership in world affairs. Four years later, we have turned a corner thanks to the policies of our administration, bipartisanship in Congress, and the resilience and hard work of the American people. Our economy is creating more jobs, 8.8 million more have been created since I took office, business formation has grown by 30%, wages are rising, the gender pay gap is continuing to shrink, the racial gap in home ownership is at it's lowest level ever, more Americans have access to affordable health care and a quality education than ever before, and we are leading the world on climate, human rights, and economic development. I want to build on the policies of the past four years while eliminating the budget deficit, doubling affordable housing stock, and enacting comprehensive immigration reform that finally funds border security and offers a pathway to citizenship for law-abiding immigrants who wish to be citizens of this greatest country. My opponent, Senator McConnell, is a good man. But the economic plan he proposes would return us to the days of deficit, debt, and economic decline. He opposes our efforts to confront climate change and voted against tax cuts, job-creating tax incentives, Medicaid expansion, and lowering the cost of higher education. My fellow Americans, this election is a referendum on the past four years. Together, we've put aside our partisan differences to usher in a new era of equality and opportunity for every American. I humbly ask for your vote so we can continue this important work.

McConnell: I respect the President and thank him for our service to our nation. The choice before the American people is not one about commitment to country or who we are as people. It's about who can lead America in the best direction. The President and I have different economic philosophies. He believes Washington should continue to have control over our economic and civic lives, I believe states and individuals should do more. My economic program will send more funding, power, and programs back to states. I want to help Americans keep more of what they earn, and encourage entrepreneurship. I want to keep inflation and interest rates low. The centerpiece of my economic plan is moving us towards a balanced federal budget, phasing in a flat income tax, and reversing onerous business regulations. The truth is, my plan gets us to a balanced budget in four years, a flat tax in five years, and reduces $70 billion worth of economic regulations. The President and his allies say my program helps the wealthy and adds to the deficit, but in reality, it is revenue-neutral and provides $2,000 for the average middle-class family in America. Additionally, my economic program promotes greater job growth, which will also reduce the deficit. I'm confident I can get the job done because, throughout my career, I've gotten things done. I have led efforts to make tax relief permanent, aid farmers, and get judicial nominations approved by the Senate. I've represented our country on the world stage and voted for welfare reform, balanced budgets, and against higher taxes. I have a record of standing up for the people of my state and our country. I come from the heartland of America, and I would bring that perspective, experience, and a bold economic program to the Presidency.

BushKerry04

« Reply #106 on: June 29, 2022, 08:57:44 PM »

October 23, 2012: Campaigns release itinerary for candidates, surrogates for 10 days pre election

President Clark

Colorado, 10/23: The First Lady, Musician Bruce Springsteen, U.S. Senator Michael Bennett (D-CO), and former Governor Bill Weld (R-MA) will join the President.

Florida, 10/24 & 10/25: The First Lady, Actress Eva Longoria, and Congresswoman Kathy Castor (D-FL) will join the President on the campaign trail.

Georgia, 10/26 & 10/27:Musician Taylor Swift, Former President Bill Clinton, and former Governor Jodi Rell (R-CT) will join the President on the campaign trail.

North Carolina, 10/28: Musician Taylor Swift, Former Governor Jim Hunt (D-NC), Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC), and former Governor Christie Todd Whitman (R-NJ) will join the President on the campaign trail.

South Carolina, 10/29: Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC) and Musician Taylor Swift will join the President on the campaign trail.

Arkansas, 10/30: Former President Bill Clinton and former U.S. Senators Blance Lincoln (D-AR) and Mark Pryor (D-AR) will join Clark on the campaign trail.

Missouri, 10/31: Former House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt (D-MO) and Actress Eva Longoria will join the President on the campaign trail.

Wisconsin, 11/1: Actress Eva Longoria and U.S. Senators Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) will join Clark. 

Michigan, 11/2: Filmmaker Michael Moore, U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA), and the First Lady will join the President on the campaign trail.

Pennsylvania, 11/3: Musician Bruce Springsteen, U.S. Senator Bob Casey (D-PA), former Governor Ed Rendell (D-PA), and former Governor Christie Todd Whitman (R-NJ) will join Clark on the campaign trail.

Ohio: 11/4 & 11/5: Musician Taylor Swift and U.S. Senators Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) will join Clark.

Virginia, 11/6 The First Lady, Vice President Bill Bradley, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) will join the President on the campaign trail.

Election night, 11/6: The President's campaign will host a watch party in Arlington, Virginia. 

Vice President Bradley

Nevada, 10/23: Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA) will join Bradley on the campaign trail.

Arizona, 10/24: Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA) will join Bradley on the campaign trail

Colorado, 10/25: Former President Bill Clinton will join Bradley on the campaign trail.

Iowa, 10/26: Former Governor Tom Vilsack (D-IA) and former Iowa First Lady Christie Vilsack will join Bradley on the campaign trail.

Wisconsin, 10/27: U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Bob Casey Jr (D-PA) will join the Vice President on the campaign trail.

Ohio, 10/28 & 10/29: U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) and Congressman Jim Clyburn (D-SC) will join Bradley.

Missouri, 10/30 & 11/1: Former House Democratic Leader Dick Gephardt (D-MO) and Congresswoman Barbara Lee (D-CA) will join Bradley on the campaign trail.

North Carolina, 11/2: NBA Great Michael Jordan, Former Governor Jim Hunt (D-NC) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) will join the Vice President on the campaign trail.

Pennsylvania, 11/3: NBA Great Earl Monroe, U.S. Senator Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) will join Bradley.

New Hampshire, 11/4: U.S. Senators Bernie Sanders (D-VT) and Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) will join Bradley on the campaign trail.

New Jersey, 11/5: NBA Great Earl Monroe and Musician Bruce Springsteen will join Bradley on the campaign trail.

Virginia, 11/6: The Vice President will join the President on the campaign trail

Election night, 11/6: The President's campaign will host a watch party in Arlington, Virginia.   

McConnell

Arizona, 10/23: Musician Kid Rock will join McConnell on the campaign trail.

Nevada, 10/24: Former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings and former U.S. Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) will join him on the campaign trail.

Texas, 10/25 & 10/26: Actor Clint Eastwood, former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings, and former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) will join McConnell on the campaign trail.

Missouri, 10/27: Former Governors Matt Blunt (R-MO) and Ernie Fletcher (R-KY) will join McConnell on the campaign trail.

Kentucky, 10/28: Members of Kentucky's GOP house delegation, U.S. Senator Rand Paul (R-KY), and former Governor Ernie Fletcher (R-KY) will join McConnell on the campaign trail.

Georgia, 10/29 & 10/30: McConnell's wife, former U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, will join him on the campaign trail as will former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) and former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX).

Florida, 11/1 & 11/2: U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) will join McConnell on the campaign trail.

Tennessee, 11/3: Musician Ted Nugent and former U.S. Senate Republican Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) will join McConnell on the campaign trail.

Ohio, 11/4 & 11/5: Actor Chuck Norris, McConnell's wife, former U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, and former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings will join him on the campaign trail.

Iowa & Kentucky, 11/6: McConnell's wife, former U.S. Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao, will join him on the campaign trail as will U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA).

Election night, 11/6: McConnell will hold an election night watch party in Washington D.C.

McMorris Rogers

Nebraska, 10/23: Former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings will join McMorris Rogers on the campaign trail

Ohio, 10/24: Musician Kid Rock will campaign with McMorris Rogers

Tennessee, 10/25: U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) will join McMorris Rogers on the campaign trail

South Carolina, 10/26 & 10/27: U.S. Senator Lindsay Graham (R-SC) will join McMorris Rogers on the campaign trail

North Carolina, 10/28: Former U.S. Secretary of Education Margaret Spellings will campaign with McMorris Rogers

Florida, 10/29 - 10/31: U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) will join McMorris Rogers on the campaign trail

Texas, 11/1: Actor Chuck Norris will campaign with McMorris Rogers

Arizona, 11/2: Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) will join McMorris Rogers on the campaign trail.

Nevada, 11/3: Actor Chuck Norris will campaign with McMorris Rogers

Iowa, 11/4 & 11/5: U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) will campaign with McMorris Rogers.

Iowa & Kentucky, 11/6: McMorris Rogers will campaign with McConnell.

Election night, 11/6: McConnell will hold an election night watch party in Washington D.C.

BushKerry04

« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2022, 08:31:59 PM »

November 6, 2012: President Clark wins re-election in electoral college landslide; incumbent President wins 55% of the popular vote, helps his party maintain control of Congress
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark won re-election in an electoral college landslide, winning 402 electoral college votes and 55% of the popular vote. Speaking to supporters at the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Arlington, Virginia, the President said the election was an endorsement of opportunity and equality for every American. "Today, across America, people waited in line to cast a vote in support of continuing to expand equality and opportunity for every American. I am honored and humbled by this overwhelming vote of confidence and for the honor to serve as President for four more years. Now, we must come together as one nation to ensure we move forward in unity and with hope, purpose, and a commitment to help everyone reach their full potential," the President declared. Speaking before an audience at Lexington, Kentucky's Waterfront Park just past 11 p.m., U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell offered President Clark his concession and pledged to continue to lead the effort to balance the federal budget. "This campaign has always been about balancing the federal budget and returning money, power, and influence back to states and the American people. And while the results were not what any of us had hoped for, I'm grateful to all Americans for considering our platform. While we will continue to advance our conservative principles, I am committed to working with the President to find common ground. I wish him success in a second term because his success is America's success," McConnell declared. In addition to the President's victory, Democrats picked up twenty-three house and three U.S. Senate seats.

National Popular Vote
Wesley Clark/Bill Bradley (D) 55%
Mitch McConnell/Cathy McMorris Rogers (R) 43%

Electoral College
Wesley Clark (D) 417
Mitch McConnell (R) 121

Results By State
Alabama: McConnell 54% Clark 44%
Alaska: Clark 49.8% McConnell 49.1%
Arizona: Clark 52% McConnell 47%
Arkansas: Clark 61% McConnell 38%
California: Clark 65% McConnell 33%
Colorado: Clark 59% McConnell 40%
Connecticut: Clark 61% McConnell 38%
Delaware: 62% McConnell 37%
Florida: Clark 53% McConnell 46%
Georgia: Clark 52% McConnell 47%
Hawaii: Clark 72% McConnell 27%
Idaho: McConnell 65% Clark 34%
Illinois: Clark 62% McConnell 37%
Indiana: McConnell 50% Clark 49%
Iowa: Clark 55% McConnell 43%
Kansas: McConnell 54% Clark 44%
Kentucky: McConnell 54% Clark 44%
Louisiana: McConnell 54% Clark 45%
Maine: Clark 60% McConnell 38%
Maryland: Clark 67% McConnell 32%
Massachusetts: Clark 65% McConnell 34%
Michigan: Clark 57% McConnell 42%
Minnesota: Clark 59% McConnell 40%
Mississippi: McConnell 57% Clark 42%
Missouri: Clark 51% McConnell 48%
Montana: Clark 48.9% McConnell 48.5%
Nebraska: McConnell 53% Clark 46%
Nevada: Clark 57% McConnell 42%
New Hampshire: Clark 59% McConnell 39%
New Jersey: Clark 65% McConnell 34%
New Mexico: Clark 56% McConnell 42%
New York: Clark 65% McConnell 34%
North Carolina: Clark 52% McConnell 47%
North Dakota: McConnell 54% Clark 45%
Ohio: Clark 55% McConnell 43%
Oklahoma: McConnell 62% Clark 37%
Oregon: Clark 58% McConnell 40%
Pennsylvania: Clark 59% McConnell 40%
Rhode Island: Clark 62% McConnell 37%
South Carolina: Clark 50% McConnell 49%
South Dakota: McConnell 56% Clark 43%
Tennessee: McConnell 52% Clark 47%
Texas: McConnell 51% Clark 48%
Utah: McConnell 60% Clark 39%
Vermont: Clark 75% McConnell 24%
Virginia: Clark 57% McConnell 42%
Washington: Clark 59% McConnell 40%
Washington DC: Clark 92% McConnell 7%
West Virginia: McConnell 55% Clark 43%
Wisconsin: Clark 55% McConnell 43%
Wyoming: McConnell 61% Clark 38%

Exit Polling

By political party
Democratic: Clark 97% McConnell 2%
Republican: McConnell 78% Clark 20%
Independent: Clark 58% McConnell 40%

By political ideology
Progressive: Clark 97% McConnell 2%
Conservative: McConnell 75% Clark 23%
Moderate: Clark 65% McConnell 34%

By gender
Male: Clark 51% McConnell 47%
Female: Clark 60% McConnell 39%

By age
18-34: Clark 70% McConnell 28%
35-50: Clark 59% McConnell 40%
51-65: Clark 51% McConnell 48%
Over 65: Clark 50% McConnell 49%

By income
$0-$50,000: Clark 59% McConnell 39%
$50,000-$100,000: Clark 55% McConnell 43%
Over $100,000: Clark 50% McConnell 49%

By education
College graduate: Clark 59% McConnell 39%
High school graduate: Clark 53% McConnell 46%
Some college: Clark 54% McConnell 44%
Advanced degree: Clark 70% McConnell 29%

By community type
Rural: McConnell 53% Clark 45%
Suburban: Clark 58% McConnell 41%
Urban: Clark 62% McConnell 37%

By most important issue
Economy: Clark 58% McConnell 41%
Health care: Clark 60% McConnell 38%
National debt: Clark 52% McConnell 47%
Climate change: Clark 85% McConnell 14%
Entitlement Programs: Clark 54% McConnell 44%
Education: Clark 58% McConnell 41%
Judicial nominations: McConnell 53% Clark 46%
Foreign policy: Clark 80% McConnell 18%

By 2008 vote
Clark: Clark 99% McConnell 0.5%
Romney: McConnell 85% Clark 14%
3rd party: Clark 70% McConnell 15%

By congressional vote
Democratic: Clark 95% McConnell 4%
Republican: McConnell 78% Clark 21%
Other: Clark 60% McConnell 38%

Clark Approval
Approve: Clark 60%
Disapprove: 37%

Bradley Approval
Approve: 54%
Disapprove: 39%

Favorable/Unfavorable
Wesley Clark: 62% favorable/30% unfavorable
Bill Bradley: 57% favorable/33% unfavorable
Mitch McConnell: 49% favorable, 49% unfavorable
Cathy McMorris Rogers: 51% favorable, 45% unfavorable

Strongest County Results for Clark
Prince George's County, MD: Clark 92% McConnell 7%
Baltimore County, MD: Clark 90% McConnell 8%
Bronx County, NY: Clark 90% McConnell 9%
New York County, NY: Clark 88% McConnell 10%
Arlington County, VA: Clark 88% McConnell 10%
San Francisco County, CA: Clark 88% McConnell 10%
DeKalb County, GA: Clark 88% McConnell 10%
Philadelphia County, PA: Clark 87% McConnell 12%
Berkshire County, MA: Clark 87% McConnell 12%
Durham County, NC: Clark 85% McConnell 14%

Strongest County Results for McConnell
Ochiltree County, TX: McConnell 87% Clark 12%
Roberts County, TX: McConnell 87% Clark 12%
Madison County, ID: McConnell 87% Clark 12%
Gray County, TX: McConnell 85% Clark 14%
Oldham County, TX: McConnell 85% Clark 14%
Rich County, UT: McConnell 82% Clark 17%
Harding County, SD: McConnell 80% Clark 19%
Chilton County, AL: McConnell 77% Clark 22%
Baldwin County, AL: McConnell 72% Clark 27%
Haakon County, SD: McConnell 70% Clark 19%

Closest Counties
Clark County, IN: Clark 49.9%McConnell 49%
Newton County, MS: McConnell 49.9% Clark 49.1%
Jefferson County, WV: Clark 49.9% McConnell 49.1%
Wayne County, PA: Clark 49.8% McConnell 49.1%
Union County, SC: Clark 49.7% McConnell 49.2%
Campbell County, KY: McConnell 49.7% Clark 49.2%
West Baton Rouge Parish, LA: Clark 49.7% McConnell 49.3%
Stark County, OH: Clark 49.5% McConnell 49.3%
Benton County, AR: Clark 49.5% McConnell 49.2%
Westmoreland County, PA: Clark 49.5% McConnell 49.4%

Top Belleweher Counties
Nash County, NC: Clark 52% McConnell 47%
Halifax County, VA: Clark 57% McConnell 42%
Cascade County, MT: Clark 49.8% McConnell 49.1%
Burlington County, NJ: Clark 65% McConnell 34%
Chester County, PA: Clark 59% McConnell 40%
Hamilton County, OH: Clark 55% McConnell 43%
Gwinett County, GA: Clark 52% McConnell 47%
Hudspeth County, TX: McConnell 51% Clark 48%
Bradley County, AR: Clark 61% McConnell 38%
Orange County, IN: McConnell 50% Clark 49%

OSR STANDS WITH PALESTINE
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2022, 11:41:47 AM »

Time for 2016! Bradley  ‘016!
BushKerry04

« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2022, 08:02:16 PM »

January 10, 2013: President Clark finalizes second term cabinet
Secretary of State: Carol Moseley-Braun, incumbent, former U.S. Senator (D-IL), former Ambassador
Secretary of Treasury: Laura Tyson, Secretary of Commerce & former Director of National Economic Council
Secretary of Defense: Claudia Kennedy, Retired General 
National Security Advisor: Strobe Talbott, former Deputy Secretary of State   
Attorney General: Jamie Gorlick, Secretary of Homeland Security & former Assistant U.S. Attorney General
Secretary of Interior: Ben Nighthorse Campbell, incumbent & former U.S. Senator (R-CO)
Secretary of Agriculture: Mike Epsy, former U.S. Secretary of Agriculture
Secretary of Commerce: Abhay Patel, Businessman & former Council of Economic Advisors Chair
Secretary of Labor: Ed Rendell, former Governor (D-PA)
Secretary of Health & Human Services: Nancy-Ann DeParle, former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services 
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development: Gary Locke, Secretary of Education & former Governor (D-WA)
Secretary of Transportation: Gloria Jeff, incumbent & former Federal Highway Administration Deputy Administrator 
Secretary of Energy: Al Gore, former U.S. Vice President & former EPA Administrator     
Secretary of Education: Joel Klein, former New York City School Chancellor   
Secretary of Veteran's Affairs: Angela Salinas, retired Major General
Secretary of Homeland Security: Paula Dow, former New Jersey Attorney General   
EPA Administrator: Katie McGinty, former Pennsylvania Secretary of Environmental Protection   
Director of National Intelligence: Bob Kerrey, former U.S. Senator (D-NE) 
United States Trade Representative: Edward L. Romero, former U.S. Ambassador to Spain 
Ambassador to the United Nations: Connie Morella, former Congresswoman (R-MD) & former United States Ambassador to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
Council of Economic Advisors Chair: Mark Cuban, Businessman
Small Business Administrator: Mary Beth Cahill, Deputy Chief of Staff & former Director of the Office of Public Liaison
Office of Management and Budget Director: John Baldacci, former Governor (D-ME)   
Chief of Staff: Maria Echaveste, incumbent & former White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Policy
Deputy Chief of Staff: Barbara Lawton, former Lieutenant Governor (D-WI)     
Counselor to the President: Blanche Lincoln, former U.S. Senator (D-AR)     
Senior Advisor to the President: Craig Smith, former White House Director of Political Affairs
White House Counsel: Harold Ford Jr., incumbent & former Congressman (D-TN)   
Director of Communications: Michael Waldman, former White House Director of Speech Writing 
Press Secretary: Edward Skyler, Vice Presidential Press Secretary & former Bloomberg for Mayor Press Secretary 
Vice Presidential Chief of Staff: Monica Dixon, incumbent
Press Secretary for the Vice President: Lilo Stainton, former Press Secretary to former Governor of New Jersey Jon Corzine

January 20, 2013: President Clark, Vice Presiden Bradley sworn-in for a second term; President focuses on themes of unity, equality during inauguration address
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark and Vice President Bill Bradley were sworn-in for a second term, with the President. "Over the past four years, we've come together as one nation to overcome adversity, seek to right the wrongs of the past, and embark upon a new day of opportunity and equality for every American. Now, it is up to us to use this moment of national renewal to strive for an even more perfect union. The benefits of our collective work must reach all Americans. So today, I call on all Americans to join me in setting a simple, yet powerful aspiration for the next four years. Let us do all we can to include everyone in the opportunity and equality of our time," the President declared.

BushKerry04

« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2022, 04:50:03 PM »

May 25, 2013: President Clark signs the Immigration Reform Act of 2013 into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law bipartisan immigration reform that increases the number of border patrol agents, grants legal status to dreamers, establishes a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who are obeying U.S. laws, creates a temporary guest worker program, increases the number of immigration courts, and increases legal immigration levels for employment-based immigration and those seeking refugee status. The President and his administration worked closely with U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), Susan Collins (R-ME), and Representatives Barbara Lee (D-CA), Marcy Kaptur (D-OH), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), and Chris Smith (R-NJ) on the legislation. U.S. Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX), Steve Daines (R-MT), and Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rogers (R-WA) led the opposition to the legislation. The bill passed the House of Representatives by a vote of 300-135 and the U.S. Senate by a vote of 65-35.

October 5, 2013: President Clark signs the Affordable Housing Expansion Act into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law the Affordable Housing Expansion Act into law, dedicating 2% of federal corporate tax revenue and 2% of all new federal revenue to provide grants to states, cities, and non-profit organizations to double the nation's affordable housing stock over the next decade. The homes must be LEED certified to receive federal funds. The legislation passed Congress primarily along party lines, with 5 senate and 15 house Republicans joining Democrats in supporting the legislation.

February 15, 2014: President Clark signs the Voting Accessibility Act into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law legislation that requires states and local officials to place drop boxes and establish early voting proportional to where population centers are. Additionally, the law funds a hotline and office dedicated to combating voter suppression. The law passed along party lines in both houses of Congress. The President and the legislation's sponsors, Representatives Jim Clyburn (D-SC), Marcy Kaptur (D-OH), Adam Schiff (D-CA), U.S. Senators Chris Coons (D-DE), Diane Feinstein (D-CA), and Bernie Sanders (I-VT) said the legislation is necessary to enhance voting rights and oppose several states that have enacted restrictions on voting in recent years. Governor Greg Abbott (R-TX) joined U.S. Senators Ted Cruz (R-TX) Rand Paul (R-KY) in opposing the legislation, arguing it violates state's rights and no laws have restricted voting rights. Many Republicans in Congress, including U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL), opposed the law because it placed unfunded mandates on states in their opinion.

June 1, 2014: President Clark announces global climate change treaty
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark announced that the U.S. will join it's allies in entering into a climate treaty that calls for reducing global CO2 emissions by 2% per year.

October 15, 2014: President Clark, congressional leaders announce social security reform negotiations
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), and U.S. Senators Amy Klobuchar (D-MN), Bob Casey Jr. (D-PA), Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and Susan Collins (R-ME) announced that they were working to craft social security reform legislation. The group agreed to not cut benefits for current retirees and those on fixed incomes. Additionally, to win GOP support, the group promised not to increase the payroll tax.
BushKerry04

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2022, 08:12:48 PM »

November 4, 2014: Democrats maintain control of Congress as Republicans win gubernatorial races
WASHINGTON, DC: Democrats maintained control of the U.S. Senate while gaining three seats in the House of Representatives, with exit polling showing that 70% of voters feel the country is headed in the right direction. In gubernatorial races, Republicans netted two seats as the party won surprise victories in Maryland and Massachusetts.

November 15, 2014: In anticipation of rumored 2016 presidential run, Gary Locke announces resignation as U.S. Secretary of HUD; President announces replacement
WASHINGTON, DC: U.S. Secretary of Housing & Urban Development Gary Locke announced he would be resigning from his position, effective January 1, 2015. Locke previously served as Secretary of Education. Many pundits believe Locke, a former Governor of Washington, will run for the Democratic nomination for President in 2016. President Wesley Clark praised Locke, calling him "a dedicated public servant who presided over historic gains in educational obtainment at all levels and the passage of legislation that he helped write which will help working people afford homes." The President then announced that former Mayor of Atlanta Shirley Franklin will be his nominee to replace Locke as HUD Secretary.

January 10, 2015: Gary Bauer to run for President; social conservative and 2000 presidential hopeful touts socially conservative principles
COVINGTON, KY: Gary Bauer, a conservative activist who ran for the 2000 GOP nomination for President, declared he will once again run for President. Bauer made the announcement at a press conference in his hometown of Covington, Kentucky. He pledged to promote family values, cut taxes, and increase border security if elected. "We live in a complex world and we need to be able to meet the challenges of this moment without forgetting the values we've always held dear. I believe that family, faith, and freedom are principles that have stood the test of time and will continue to do so," Bauer declared.

January 15, 2015: Santorum running for President; former U.S. Senator makes announcement during interview on CBS News
WASHINGTON, DC: Former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania declared that he will once again seek the GOP nomination for President. Santorum made the announcement during an interview on CBS News. "I am a consistent conservative who believes in standing up for the American family, promoting the economic interests of workers and small businesses, and I have a proven record of supporting religious liberty," Santorum declared.

BushKerry04

« Reply #112 on: September 06, 2022, 09:16:13 PM »

January 15, 2015: Jim Doyle declares candidacy for President; former Governor of Wisconsin touts experience, electability in announcement video
"I'm Jim Doyle, and I'm running for the Democratic nomination for President in 2016. Over the past seven years, thanks to the leadership of President Wesley Clark, our country has embarked upon an era of prosperity, hope, and greater equality for all. We Democrats, and all Americans, will be faced with an important choice in 2016. Will we continue to move our country forward by continuing to encourage job creation in every community, or will we give up on Main Street while giving tax breaks to big corporations as the Republicans did during the previous administration? Will we strengthen the farm income stabilization program and other support for agriculture, or will we let Republicans once again ignore America's farmers and ranchers? And will we strengthen civil rights and the safety net, or cut social security benefits as congressional Republicans have proposed? I believe our country must embrace the policies of the past six years and ensure we do all we can to support the American worker and farmer. But before we focus on the general election, Democrats must first nominate a candidate who can win. Twice, I've won competitive elections in Wisconsin. As Governor, I balanced budgets, kept a lid on taxes, supported our state's agricultural sector, and made sure we supported public education at every level. If you want to continue the policies of this administration and win in November 2016, I humbly ask for your vote. Thank you." - Jim Doyle Youtube announcement

January 25, 2015: Survey finds broad Democratic support for Bradley as McMorris Rogers leads the GOP field of presidential hopefuls

National Democratic Primary
Bill Bradley 65%
Gary Locke 20%
Jim Doyle 5%

National GOP Primary
Cathy McMorris Rogers 23%
Marco Rubio 15%
Bobby Jindal 12%
Rick Santorum 8%
Rick Perry 5%
Jim DeMint 5%
Alan Keyes 2%
Gary Bauer 1%
Ted Cruz 1%
Tim Pawlenty 1%
Hal Rogers 1%
Norm Coleman 1%

Iowa Caucuses
Democratic: Bradley 60% Locke 30% Doyle 5%
GOP: McMorris Rogers 30% Rubio 20% Jindal 10% Santorum 7% Perry 3% Keyes 2% Others 1%

New Hampshire Primary
Democratic: Bradley 70% Locke 15% Doyle 1%
GOP: McMorris Rogers 25% Rubio 15% Jindal 10% Perry 4% DeMint 3% Keyes 3% Others 1% or less

February 5, 2015: Bobby Jindal announces candidacy for President; candidate calls for fiscal responsibility, limited government
BATON ROUGE, LA: Joined on stage by his family at a campaign rally in his hometown of Baton Rouge, LA, former Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA) declared his intention to seek the 2016 Republican nomination for President. Jindal called for a constitutional balanced budget amendment, lower taxes, and term limits during his speech. "I believe in empowering individuals to achieve their full potential by letting them make decisions and using the resources of government to help them secure their rights. To the extent government should be involved in people's daily lives, it should mostly be at the state and local levels. I want to go to Washington to make sure government is limited and the individual's liberty is protected," Jindal declared.

BushKerry04

« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2022, 08:51:13 PM »

February 15, 2015: Cathy McMorris Rogers declares candidacy for President; Washington Congresswoman touts record, calls for GOP unity during Youtube announcement
"Over the past few months, I've traveled across the country to speak with voters in order to gain a sense of how I can continue to contribute to the public policy debates of our time. I've spoken with citizens across the country who are looking for leaders who not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. In Congress, I've tried to do just that. Whether it's stopping the expansion of standardized testing in our schools, sponsoring a constitutional balanced budget amendment, opposing amnesty, or never voting to raise your taxes, I've always stood up for the people who elected me and all Americans. I've concluded this is the kind of leadership America needs, leadership focused less on doing what's easy and more on doing what's right. Guided by faith and principle, committed to family & country, and with a sense of great optimism, today I'm announcing that I will be a candidate for President of the United States in 2016. We Republicans must come together and unite to win this election so that we can balance the budget, secure the border, and preserve the constitution. We must work with all Americans to ensure we change Washington and empower Americans to achieve the goals they have for themselves and our country. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your support. For more information, please visit McMorris2016.com. Thank you, and God bless America." - Rep. Cathy McMorris Rogers (R-WA), presidential campaign announcement video

March 1, 2015: Jim DeMint announces candidacy for President; former U.S. Senator touts conservative credentials during announcement address
GREENVILLE, SC: Former U.S. Senator Jim DeMint of South Carolina declared his intention to seek the 2016 GOP presidential nomination during a campaign address in his hometown of Greenville, South Carolina. DeMint was joined on stage by his family and Congressman Joe Wilson (R-SC), who introduced the candidate. He voiced support for a constitutional balanced budget amendment, flat income tax, enhanced border security, and religious liberty. "At a time when some in our party are trying to figure out what message to present to voters, I'm focused on standing up for the values of our conservative movement and bringing a message of liberty, freedom, family, and faith to every corner of our country. I have been dedicated to these principles in my public and private life, and the American people can trust that I'll do exactly what I say I'll do based on my record," DeMint declared.

March 5, 2015: Rubio declares candidacy for President; U.S. Senator from Florida talks biography, electability during announcement address
MIAMI, FL: Joined on stage by his family and members of Florida's GOP congressional delegation, U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) declared his intention to seek the 2016 Republican nomination for President during a campaign announcement in his hometown of Miami, Florida. Rubio spoke of his upbringing, working through law school, and electability as a Republican who won in a swing state while calling for tax relief for families, educational choice, and protecting social security. "My parents came to this country with no money to realize their American dream, and so their children could live in a better place than they did. I stand before you here today ready to ensure the dream of freedom my parents sought and achieved is available to all who seek it in this greatest nation on earth. I'm running for President because it's up to all of us to do our part to strengthen the promise of America, a nation that is compassionate, honest, strong, and resilient," Rubio declared.

BushKerry04

« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2022, 02:35:53 PM »

March 15, 2015: Vice President Bill Bradley declares candidacy for President; Democratic front-runner touts record, progressive platform during announcement address
NEW YORK, NY: At Madison Square Garden in New York City where he played professional basketball, Vice President Bill Bradley declared his intention to seek the 2016 Democratic nomination for President before a capacity crowd as his family and members of New York and New Jersey's congressional and senate delegations joined him on stage. U.S. Senator Cory Booker (D-NJ) endorsed Bradley and introduced him. The Vice President spoke of the record of the Clark/Bradley administration and laid out a platform that includes campaign finance reform, student loan debt forgiveness, a cap & trade program, a $15 minimum wage, and continuing the Clark/Bradley administration's strengthening of civil rights and equal pay law. "Over the past seven years, we've made historic progress in ensuring greater prosperity, equality, and justice for all Americans. Now, we have an opportunity and I believe obligation to build on the prosperity and progress of the past seven years. Our work must be to stand up for those struggling to make ends meet, defending the rights of all people, leading the world, and confronting challenges like climate change and student loan debt with bold reforms, not partisan politics," Bradley declared.

March 17, 2015: McMorris Rogers lays out fiscal plan that cuts taxes, boosts border funding
MANCHESTER, NH: Speaking before a New Hampshire Chamber of Commerce event in Manchester, New Hampshire, GOP presidential hopeful Representative Cathy McMorris Rogers put forth a fiscal proposal that balances the federal budget by 2019, lowers taxes, and increases funding for border security. The plan would freeze non-defense discretionary spending for two years, slow the growth of Medicaid expansion, and freeze economic development grants and green energy tax credits to present levels. The proposal would also increase funding for border security by $30 billion per year to hire more border patrol agents. Additionally, McMorris Rogers is proposing a modest tax reduction; increasing the per-child tax credit by $500, phasing out the alternative minimum tax by the year 2020, and lowering the corporate tax rate by 10% by the year 2025. "This fiscal plan gets us to a balanced budget within four years, cuts taxes for job creators and families, and enhances border security. It's a program that will reduce waste and inefficiency while allowing Americans to keep more of what they earn," McMorris Rogers declared.

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2022, 08:03:28 PM »

Bradley ‘16 I guess
BushKerry04

« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2022, 08:30:00 PM »

March 25, 2015: Bradley releases huge endorsement list; majority of U.S. Senators, several former cabinet officials support Vice President for President 
MONTCLAIR, NJ: Vice President Bill Bradley's presidential campaign announced that a majority of Senate Democrats as well as current and former members of Congress, Governors, cabinet officials, and celebrities are supporting the Vice President's bid for the 2016 Democratic nomination for President. Those endorsing Bradley for President include:

Former cabinet officials
William Cohen, former U.S. Secretary of Defense
Robert Reich, former U.S. Secretary of Labor
Rodney E. Slater, former U.S. Secretary of Transportation
Richard Riley, former U.S. Secretary of Education
Leon Panetta, former Chief of Staff
Howard Dean, former U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services
Patricia Madrid, former U.S. Attorney General
Xavier Suarez, former U.S. Secretary of Housing & Urban Development

Current & Former Governors
Ed Rendell (D-PA)
Jerry Brown (D-CA)
Jim Florio (D-NJ)
Jon Corzine (D-NJ)
Tom Wolf (D-PA)
Bev Purdue (D-NC)
Jim Hunt (D-NC)
David Ige (D-HI)
Mark Dayton (D-MN)
Jay Nixon (D-MO)
Mike Beebe (D-AR)
Peter Shumlin (D-VT)
Deval Patrick (D-MA)
John Lynch (D-NH)
Phil Bredesen (D-TN)
Brad Henry (D-OK)
Tom Vilsack (D-IA)
Chet Culver (D-IA)
Janet Napolitano (D-AZ)
Pat Quinn (D-IL)
Jennifer Granholm (D-MI)

Current & Former U.S. Senators
Jon Tester (D-MT)
Barbara Boxer (D-CA)
Cory Booker (D-NJ)
Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
Michael Bennett (D-CO)
Chris Murphy (D-CT)
Richard Blumenthal (D-CT)
Kristen Gillibrand (D-NY)
Charles Schumer (D-NY)
Sherrod Brown (D-OH)
Dick Durbin (D-IL)
Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
Patrick Leahy (D-VT)
Ben Cardin (D-MD)
Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
Ed Markey (D-MA)
Debbie Stabenow (D-MI)
Gary Peters (D-MI)
Patty Murray (D-WA)
Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
Russ Feingold (D-WI)
Dennis DeConcini (D-AZ)
George Mitchell (D-ME)
Jeff Bingaman (D-NM)
Gary Hart (D-CO)
Chris Dodd (D-CT)
Tom Harkin (D-IA)
Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)

Current & Former Members of Congress
The entire Democratic congressional delegations of California, Arizona, Missouri, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Illinois, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine, and Wisconsin
Terri Sewell (D-AL)
Corrine Brown (D-FL)
Frederica Wilson (D-FL)
Sanford Bishop (D-GA)
David Scott (D-GA)
Steve Cohen (D-TN)
Andre Carson (D-IN)
Shelia Jackson Lee (D-TX)
Al Green (D-TX)
Beto O'Rourke (D-TX)
Jim McDermott (D-WA)
Rick Larsen (D-WA)
Suzan DelBene (D-WA)
Bennie Thompson (D-LA)
Andrew Maguire (D-NJ)
Elizabeth Holtzman (D-NY)
Frank Guarini (D-NJ)
Richard Swett (D-NH)

Current & former Mayors
Michael R. Bloomberg of New York City
Frank Jordan of San Fransisco
Richard Daley of Chicago
David Orr of Chicago
Thomas Murphy of Pittsburgh
Kasim Reed of Atlanta
Adrian Fenty of Washington D.C.
Mitch Landrieu of New Orleans
Tom Barrett of Milwaukee
Marvin Pratt of Milwaukee
Michael Coleman of Columbus
Michael Nutter of Philadelphia
Harvey Gantt of Charlotte
Mike Duggan of Detriot
Christopher Taylor of Ann Arbor
Raymond Flynn of Boston
Jim Bouley of Concord, NH

Others
Michael Jordan
Willis Reed
Lebron James
Bruce Springsteen
Jon Bon Jovi
Kerry Washington
Taylor Swift
Michael Moore
Cindy Sheehan
Rosario Dawson

BushKerry04

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2022, 02:08:59 PM »

March 27, 2015: President Clark signs the Social Security Enhancement Act of 2015 into law
WASHINGTON, DC: President Wesley Clark signed into law bipartisan social security reform that will extend the solvency of the nation's social security trust fund by 30 years while enhancing benefits for lower-income retirees. The plan increases the retirement age by three years for those under age 50 except for those in labor-intensive professions, increases benefits to 0.5% above the rate of inflation for those earning less than $80,000 at age 62, means-tests the program, increases the earnings cap to $500,000, and increases the employer portion of the payroll tax from 6.1% to 7.1% for companies with more than 5,000 employees. The bi-partisan proposal won the support of all house and senate Democrats, plus 25 senate and 70 house Republicans.

April 15, 2015: McMorris Rogers campaign announces endorsements, national campaign co-chairs
SPOKANE, WA: GOP presidential hopeful Cathy McMorris Rogers' campaign announced several campaign endorsements. Representatives Rick Larsen (R-WA) and Ann Wagner (R-MO) will serve as national campaign co-chairs. Others endorsing McMorris Rogers are:

former cabinet officials
Elaine Chao, former U.S. Secretary of Labor
Jim Nussle, former OBM Director
Tommy Thompson, former U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services

current and former governors
Sean Parnell (R-AK)
Jan Brewer (R-AZ)
Butch Otter (R-ID)
Mary Fallin (R-OK)
Ernie Fletcher (R-KY)
Matt Blunt (R-MO)

currrent and former u.s. senators
Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX)
Gordon Smith (R-OR)
Don Nickles (R-OK)

current and former members of congress
The entire GOP congressional delegations of Washington, Oregon, Illinois, Nebraska, Nevada, Kentucky, and Kansas
Gary Palmer (R-AL)
Robert Aderholt (R-AL)
Ann Wagner (R-MO)
Vicky Hartzler (R-MO)
Adrian Smith (R-NE)
Rick Crawford (R-AR)
Doug LaMalfa (R-CA)
Steve Knight (R-CA)
Chris Gibson (R-NY)
Tom Rice (R-SC)
Kay Granger (R-TX)
Bill Flores (R-TX)
Chris Stewart (R-UT)
Mia Love (R-UT)
Andy Harris (R-MD)
David Trott (R-MI)
John Kline (R-MN)
Trent Kelly (R-MS)
Frank Guinta (R-NH)
Chris Smith (R-NJ)
Leonard Lance (R-NJ)
Jackie Walorski (R-IN)
Marlin Stutzman (R-IN)

BushKerry04

« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2022, 09:49:03 PM »

April 15, 2015: Coleman enters race for GOP presidential nomination; former U.S. Senator from Minnesota focuses on experience during an interview
WASHINGTON, DC: During an interview on NBC's Meet the Press, former U.S. Senator Norm Coleman of Minnesota declared his candidacy for President, arguing he has the right experience to be President. "What you really have is one Governor and a bunch of legislators in the field, I've been an executive and a legislator. These things matter because legislators haven't made tough decisions as I have as an executive, and the other Governor in the race doesn't understand the legislative process and lacks the foreign policy experience I have," Coleman declared.

May 1, 2015: DeMint calls for tax cuts, spending reductions, and increased border security during policy address
MANCHESTER, NH: At a campaign event in Manchester, New Hampshire, GOP presidential hopeful Jim DeMint laid out a campaign platform that calls for sizeable reductions in domestic spending, tax cuts, and increased funding for border security. DeMint's proposal would reduce federal spending by $700 billion over eight years by freezing infrastructure & health care spending and gradually reducing non-defense discretionary spending to 2010 levels. The plan would also means-test social security and lift the payroll tax cap. DeMint also called for doubling the number of border patrol agents and a 20% across-the-board income tax reduction.

BushKerry04

« Reply #119 on: October 10, 2022, 03:13:39 PM »

June 15, 2015: Rubio endorsed by a slew of senate colleagues, and others; Gramm to serve as national campaign co-chairs
MIAMI, FL: GOP presidential hopeful Marco Rubio's campaign announced that Rubio has received a slew of endorsements and that former GOP presidential hopeful and former U.S. Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX) will serve as national campaign chair. Those endorsing Rubio for President include:

former cabinet officials
John Ashcroft, former U.S. Attorney General
Donald Evans, former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
Mel Martinez, former U.S. Secretary of Housing & Urban Development
Susan Schwab, former United States Trade Representative

current and former governors
Jeb Bush (R-FL)
Nathan Deal (R-GA)
Rick Snyder (R-MI)
Brian Sandoval (R-NV)
Bill Haslam (R-TN)
George Pataki (R-NY)
Pete Wilson (R-CA)

currrent and former U.S. senators
Richard Shelby (R-AL)
Thom Tillis (R-NC)
Richard Burr (R-NC)
Rob Portman (R-OH)
Mike Crapo (R-ID)
Lindsay Graham (R-SC)
John Cornyn (R-TX)
Phil Gramm (R-TX)
Pat Roberts (R-KS)
Kit Bond (R-MO)
Roy Blunt (R-MO)
Judd Gregg (R-NH)
Shelly Moore Capito (R-WV)
Richard Shelby (R-AL)
Bob Corker (R-TN)
Dan Coats (R-IN)
Jeff Flake (R-AZ)

current and former members of congress
The entire GOP congressional delegations of Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi, and Idaho
Andy Barr (R-KY)
Peter King (R-NY)
Virginia Foxx (R-NC)

others
Tim Allen
Patricia Heaton
Kid Rock
Joe Carollo, former Mayor of Miami
Joe Lhota, former Deputy Mayor of New York City

NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2022, 02:14:46 PM »

BRADLEY ‘16!
BushKerry04

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2022, 08:29:02 PM »

June 25, 2015: Bradley proposes a progressive agenda during New Hampshire policy speech
DURHAM, NH: Democratic Presidential Hopeful Bill Bradley laid out a five-point policy platform during a speech at the University of New Hampshire. Bradley's platform includes:

1. Universal Health Care Access: Bradley is calling for a new, 42% tax rate on incomes above $500,000 which he says will raise $400 billion - enough to fund universal health insurance coverage through Medicaid for those earning up to $50,000 while lowering premiums for middle-class consumers by 35%. Bradley claims this would reduce the number of Americans lacking health insurance by 80% by 2025 and 98% by 2035.

2. Cap & Trade: Bradley calls for a $1 trillion cap & trade program and proposes using $250 billion to help individuals, businesses, and municipalities move away from fossil-fuels, $100 billion for expanding green energy tax credits, $100 billion for environmental justice & health initiatives, $50 billion for blue acres initiatives, $50 billion for international climate change efforts, $200 billion in future energy rebates for those earning less than $80,000, and $200 billion in debt reduction.

3. Campaign Finance Reform: Bradley says he supports public financing of all federal elections and requiring PACs to report their donors.

4. Education Reform: Bradley's plan calls for a windfall profits tax to fund student debt forgiveness for those earning below $150,000, doubling funding for public education with an emphasis on reading & math, and hiring 50,000 more teachers in the coming decade.

5. Fairness: Bradley endorsed a $15 federal minimum wage, continued enforcement of equal pay law, requiring states to more strictly enforce civil rights & equal pay law, and affirmative action.

July 1, 2015: President Clark announces first budget surplus since 2000; President says the budget is balanced
LANSING, MI: During a speech before the Michigan Chamber of Commerce, President Clark announced that for the first time since the Clinton administration, the federal budget is balanced - and the federal government ran a budget surplus in June. The President's budgets have largely kept spending increases to the rate of inflation and funded new spending with revenue. Additionally, economic growth increased tax collections. "I'm proud that as a nation, we've made historic investments in jobs education, health care, the environment, infrastructure, and supporting our veterans. By closing tax loopholes enjoyed by the top 2% to fund all new spending, keeping most spending increases to the rate of inflation, and growing the economy, we've managed to both cut taxes for 98% of our people and businesses while eliminating record deficits. Today, I'm pleased to announce that we just learned that in June, for the first time since 2000, the federal government ran a surplus. Our budget is balanced, and we project it will be if we continue to act fiscally responsible," the President declared.

July 15, 2015: Survey: President Clark maintains strong approval rating as Bradley remains Democratic front-runner; GOP field wide open

Clark Approval
Approve: 62%
Disapprove: 25%

Bradley Approval
Approve: 55%

National Democratic Primary
Bill Bradley 65%
Gary Locke 10%
Jim Doyle 8%

National GOP Primary
Cathy McMorris Rogers 12%
Marco Rubio 10%
Bobby Jindal 10%
Rick Santorum 9%
Jim DeMint 9%
Gary Bauer 5%
Norm Coleman 4%

BushKerry04

« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2022, 10:54:16 PM »

August 1, 2015: Democratic presidential hopefuls participate in first debate of '08 primary season

"Serving as Vice President of the United States over the past seven years has been an honor, and I'm proud of the work President Clark and our administration have done in concert with Congress and all Americans to restore economic growth while making investments to ensure every American has a chance to achieve their dreams and is treated equally. Now, I believe we have the opportunity and obligation to build on the prosperity and progress of the past six years. I'm running for President to continue to improve our education system and strengthen civil rights, make sure health care is accessible and affordable to all of our people, raise the minimum wage to $15, and take on polluters so we can help consumers and businesses confront climate change. To accomplish this, first we have to win this election and fundamentally change our campaign finance system to limit the influence of special interests. Throughout my career, from the basketball court to the Senate and now as Vice President, I've worked with others to accomplish things pundits said simply weren't possible. I'm ready to lead our Democratic Party to victory in 2016, and I'm ready to work with all Americans to make our big, bold progressive ideas reality" - Bill Bradley

"There is no question that the past six years have been a time of extraordinary change and positive progress for all Americans. That is a testament to the work of the American people and the policies of President Clark. I've had the chance to succeed beyond the expectations of my parents when they came to this country with little money and a lot of hope, I'm profoundly grateful that after years of economic decline our economy is growing for everyone once again. The question we Democrats must ask ourselves now is, which one of us is best prepared to represent our party in the general election next year, and who has realistic ideas that can get through Congress? My agenda for this country offers us just that - I want to continue to build on the work the President started and I helped implement as Secretary of Education. That means modernizing our schools, paying teachers what they deserve, providing resources to struggling schools, and supporting more grants to help teachers get ongoing continuing education. Furthermore, I want to continue to expand Medicaid, do even more to help farmers get affordable crop insurance, and ensure a balanced federal budget without increasing taxes on 98% of Americans. I've done this before as Governor of Washington, I'll do it again as President" - Gary Locke

"As Democrats, we applaud the leadership of President Clark and the work ethic of the American people in bringing about a new day in America. Like President Clark, I'm not a Washington politician. I've won elections in a swing state and said I'd do exactly what I told people I would do during my eight years as Governor of Wisconsin. I balanced budgets, funded our schools, supported economic development, and stood with farmers and labor. As President, this is the kind of agenda I'd propose to Congress and the nation because these good times should be used to do great things. Just as the President led our nation during a time of economic crisis, I led Wisconsin during that same period. I understand how government must respond to the needs of citizens, and how leaders must address challenges while making tough decisions. I like and respect my colleagues in this Democratic primary, I admire their records, commitment to service, and how they stand up for what they believe is right. I ask you to judge us not on our minor differences on policy, I ask you to consider who can win this election. I believe my candidacy offers pragmatic leadership and the ability to win in 2016." - Jim Doyle
NOTTYLER
United States

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2022, 12:13:07 AM »

Clark was a great president in this timeline. Here’s hoping Bradley wins and leads the country to a more progressive era
BushKerry04

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2022, 12:21:21 AM »

Clark was a great president in this timeline. Here’s hoping Bradley wins and leads the country to a more progressive era

Thank you!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies