Describe the average voter in your geographic area
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:53:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe the average voter in your geographic area
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe the average voter in your geographic area  (Read 259 times)
Unelectable Bystander
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 26, 2022, 08:46:49 PM »

I thought this one might be fun for exploring other locations that are homogenous to you personally. Describe the average voter in your town, both politically as well as hobbies and interests. I’ll go first. Chicago suburbs:

Reliable Dem vote but doesn’t like taxes and never actually likes politicians. Knows the history of Windy City politicians and embraces it. Worries about Illinois’s pension system even if they don’t know how it affects them. Loves Chicago pro sports but is always mad at one of the teams. Hates their rival baseball team. Loves st Patrick’s day, needs all 4 seasons, especially midwestern falls. Hates snow and cold but doesn’t say it because it builds character. Vacations in Wisconsin. Thinks southerners, northeasterners, and upper Midwesterner’s all have accents but not chicagoans. Doesn’t like the bean all that much. Thinks downstate is secretly pleasant. Dismisses anybody who doesn’t like Italian beef, and somewhat resents New Yorkers who talk smack about pizza. Could be one of several religions. Thinks Chicago has cool expressway names.
GregTheGreat657
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -1.04

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 09:51:08 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2022, 10:05:26 PM by Based Judge Thomas Rademaker »

Staunch Trumpist who voted for Tenney due to Trump's support. Is fully vaccinated, but opposed to both vaccine and mask mandates. Wasn't super political until Trump ran. Wants a border wall. Is white, and does not have a college degree. Works in manufacturing. Is either in a union or holds a soft spot for unions.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2022, 11:50:14 AM »

White (67%), young, educated, high income (median income 147K, mean income 190K, poverty rate 9%), moderate Dem, clean cut wall street and tech vibe = Hoboken

White (54%, BL 22%, Asian Bangladeshi 13%, Hispanic 10%), economically diverse but light on the lower middle class (median income 40K, mean income 67K, poverty rate 23%), sharply divided between moderate and woke/progressive Dems, hirsute/scruffy artistic + tourists vibe = Hudson, NY

coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 05:21:05 PM »

I grew up and still spend almost half my year in the northern suburbs of Denver, but live in DTLA. Both are very progressive regions with different rationales.

In the area my family lives (North-Central Westminster, Broomfield, Louisville, and Superior), people are extremely well-educated, upper middle class, very white, very secular, pro LGBT, pro environment, and increasingly moving left on economic issues as well, although still hesitant to raise local taxes for things like schools. There is a monoculture for sure, and it's been crazy to see even my most Republican neighbors over time become SJWs just because its what their neighbors/Netflix tell them to do. The average voter is middle-aged, white, very polite, hikes on the weekend and works in health or tech during the week, wealthy but modest.

DTLA is progressive too, but for different reasons (besides, obviously, conformity). Nobody is white here, and if they are they are probably LGBTQ. I honestly think we have even more gay people than Silver Lake or other historically gay neighborhoods these days. Everybody smokes weed. Everybody came out for the BLM protests. However, beneath this progressive veneer there is intense classism and a narcissistic current. It's impossible to tell who is or isn't homeless because everyone dresses like the villains from the Hunger Games. And yet, the non-homeless have very little empathy for the homeless for the most part and do what they can to keep pushing them east and south, away from the gentrifying zones. It's a land of paradoxes!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies