Why the Hawley hype? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:49:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why the Hawley hype? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Hawley hype?  (Read 7191 times)
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« on: June 21, 2020, 03:58:05 AM »

I'd  say simply. If Hawley manages to get nomination and his brand of populism takes over GOP, I will probably stop recognizing  myself as Republican. For me it's  economics or bust. I don't  think that surrendering economical issues for social is a viable path to go forward.

Although I am a foreigner, so, my word isn't  that much of say in this debate.

I understand your point of view (I was a libertarian from 2012-16 and a classical liberal up till a year ago), but to the point that NC Yankee has been saying this entire thread- The GOP has no path forward if it clings to tea-party supply side doctrine, as so many educated, suburban middle and upper middle class voters have left the GOP*  (most of whom aren't coming back) The GOP has to adopt more pro-worker stances to have a chance of building a coalition that can actually win elections and win over new voters who would otherwise refuse to vote for "the wall-st party" (which is a very silly narrative, but lots of people still believe it).

You don't have to go into hardcore Hawley-Tucker territory.  But the party has to move in that direction (which Trump mostly failed to do) in order to construct a winning coalition.

*Many nevertrumper republicans like to infer that Trump is 100% responsible for this trend and that until 2017 the GOP had rock-solid Suburban support.  Although Trump certainly accelerated this trend and deserves much of the blame, the trend has been happening since at least Obama's first term and can probably be traced back to the last days of the Bush era, in no small part due to social issues, the drug war, and the wars in the middle east.  The GOP didn't get the message after Obama won in 2008, and the 2012 autopsy failed to reign in the neoconservative foreign policy.  
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 04:43:14 AM »

Then, I guess, I am going to surely leave my sympathies to GOP aside. I simply don't want to be a part of party cruicial part of which consists of WWC and Blue Collars. I just despise those people for their social and economic stances. Being myself from upper-middle class family by standards of my country and a freshman college student who plans to live in suburb and being middle-class like my parents, I just don't want reach out to them. It's above me. Me and some miner HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO JOINT INTERESTS. And that's not changing.

If I ever end up in USA I will be voting for Libertarian Party. Sadly neoconservativism and Reaganism are dying  and I won't find a place for me in both parties in a decade or even less Undecided

Why, though?  I mean, it doesn't bother me if you feel that way, but that's not a wise stance for any political party to make.  The US isn't like most of Europe which has several smaller parties with narrow, even niche coalitions.  The GOP has to work within the confines of the 2 party system.

Also, it would be a brazen mis-characterization to assume that the vast majority of 4 year degree voters are staunch supply siders and budget hawks.  The keynesian neo-liberalism that is the establishment norm (which most of these voters and the majority of the country supports) is not some right-wing view.  They probably heavily supported Reaganomics in 1985, and maybe even 1995, but the economics of Sowell/Friedman/Rothbard (which I've read alot in 2013-2015) are a minority position in the US, and has been for some period of time.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 05:14:55 AM »

Just it hurts me to realise that in 10-year time  people with views like me (I am looking at you, OSR and Mark Meadows) will be a minority that won't have any political representation.
And nothing can be done to stop this tide at all this time. Reagan Revolution era in Conservativism unfortunately nears it's end.

Well, I guess Libertarian Party would be cracking around 6-8%  by 2036.  Tongue

I know that feeling.  I was PO'ed for a long time at the GOP from around 2012-2015 for failing to follow Rand Paul's path in taking Tea Party conservatism, and taking a stance against the Bush/Obama surveillance state, the war on drugs, and the Bush/Obama interventionist foreign policy.  That could have turned the GOP post-Bush into a real juggernaut, what the hell were they thinking?  FTR, I voted Johnson in both 2016 and 2012 (I had only turned 18 7 months before that election.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 01:10:44 PM »

This is bullsh**t. I oppose single payer, I support market competition and I think taxes should be kept "as low as practical" while still being able to pay down our enormous debt to places like China, before they use it to start dictating policy to us. I support the right to self-defense/oppose the Assault Weapons ban and I am pro-life.

In your opinion, where should the GOP go in terms of healthcare?
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2020, 03:35:45 PM by AntiCommunistsche Aktion »

The right has a tendency to blame the social instability and lack of traditional values on cultural marxism, fatherless homes, drug use, and welfare, but in a lot of ways the neoliberalism and warfare state are just to blame. This is another reason I was easily influenced by Paul in 2010. It was easy to see how everything tied together when you aren't sheltered.

I'm pretty sure NC Senator Yankee has mentioned this and Tucker probably has as well, but it's ironic how the GOP's inclination of low taxes and randian economic views has empowered and embiggened it's political adversaries, some of whom have supported and advanced cultural marxism.

The GOP needs to reign in the excesses of the world's system of neo-liberalism if it ever wants to maintain a viable future.  The Democratic party (which is heavily favored among the metropolitan upper classes) should as well, but wont, and can survive without doing so thanks to a more durable coalition.

I’ll jump in and bite- what are the attitudes and issues that all Republican voters have or should have in common whether they are primarily interested in maintaining healthy religious traditions(NYY,CC), autonomy from powerful forces outside of the community(Sanchez,DP), simply a strong work ethic(jaichind), or just wants to move as far away from a secular and administrative society as possible(MM)?

I can only speak for myself here, but the GOP has to prioritize national sovereignty (which is why I support Brexit), support an immigration system that works for citizens (and those who aspire to legally become) and the working/middle class, and not corporations, billionaires and NGOs.  Geopolitically, the GOP must support our eastern hemisphere allies like India, Japan, Australia and South Korea against an increasingly belligerent and thuggish Chinese government, which is run by the same Maoists now as it was 50 years ago.  The GOP must fight against corporate censorship (a massively understated threat to democracy) and cultural marxism/critical theory in the power structures of this country, while simultaneously making sure that police departments discipline and fire bad cops who abuse the public trust.  

Although I'm ambivalent on Abortion, most Republicans are pro-life and the Democratic party platform on abortion is very radical when compared to their own voter base, which is far more moderate.  And naturally (as the GOP always had), support the right of the individual to possess firearms.

Historically, the GOP has failed badly in my first paragraph.  I have no interest in the party whatsoever if it regresses to 2007, it doesn't deserve to survive then (and wont).  This is why I support the Hawley/Tucker types.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies