Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:26:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)  (Read 58902 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: March 03, 2020, 01:39:18 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #826 on: March 03, 2020, 07:32:30 PM »

Warren takes aim at Biden: A 'Washington insider will not meet this moment'

In her sharpest attack yet on the former vice president, Warren says Biden is a risk to the Democratic Party and the country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/warren-takes-aim-biden-washington-insider-will-not-meet-moment-n1147696

He is a risk to the party and country if he loses to Trump, but beyond that I don't really agree.

As much as I like Warren I also take issue with her categorizing Biden as a "Washington insider." She's a Senator. Nobody who served in any capacity in Washington can't really make the case that they are an "outsider" in contrast. Not even Sanders. To Trump's very rare credit *vomits* that was one thing he didn't lie about. He was genuinely an outsider.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #827 on: March 03, 2020, 11:00:39 PM »

"This is the end, beautiful friend
This is the end, my only friend
The end of our elaborate plans
The end of everything that stands..."
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2020, 01:24:04 AM »

And she's cost Bernie his best region this night.

Seems to me Trump's re-election really is on her shoulders now.

Biden was always gonna have The South, and obviously MN was a surprise that few could've seen coming.

But MA and Maine, these would not have been lost without her as spoiler.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2020, 03:59:30 AM »
« Edited: March 04, 2020, 04:16:56 AM by Grand Mufti of Cornpopist Malarkeyposting »

MN, to be fair, was more of a retrospect case. You aren't going to win the Iron Range when you're the most environmentalist candidate in the race. He's also endorsed by Ilhan Omar, who is radioactively unpopular outside of her district. Couple that with Amy's endorsement of Biden and you have a win for Biden.

ME is similar, with the old mill towns in ME-2 and whatnot. But MA is just plain inexcusable.

It says a lot that I have a higher opinion of Buttigieg than her after the dust has settled. My views on the man are obvious. I disagree with him ideologically, and I think his campaign was too calculating and artificial to win the general. But I do genuinely believe, in my heart of hearts, that he's running to advance his beliefs and make a difference.

Same with Biden. We all know his character and integrity. Had his son Beau not died, he would have run in 2016 and we wouldn't be in this situation. I loved that man when he was Vice President, I've always had a soft spot for him, and he's in it for America. Contrary to what other people believe, Bernie is in it to advance his vision for America as well. These people are fighting for their own beliefs.

I don't believe that about Warren anymore. Between this and her allegations of sexism (which are a misunderstanding at best and an egregious smear at worst), she's destroyed all of her goodwill with me and a lot of others in the progressive movement. The fact of the matter is that her path ended the moment she failed to break single digits.

As far as I'm concerned, everything from New Hampshire on is no different from Tulsi Gabbard's publicity stunts. She's not in it to stand up to Wall Street. She's not in it to fight for the working class. Elizabeth Warren is in this race for Elizabeth Warren, and nothing else.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #830 on: March 04, 2020, 04:18:18 AM »

And she's cost Bernie his best region this night.

Seems to me Trump's re-election really is on her shoulders now.

Biden was always gonna have The South, and obviously MN was a surprise that few could've seen coming.

But MA and Maine, these would not have been lost without her as spoiler.

MA and Maine wouldn't have given Sanders enough to stem the tide from all the other states. He might have netted a little more out of California and Texas, but not enough to make up for the absolute margins that Biden ran up everywhere else. It also wouldn't have saved him in a future contest like Florida.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #831 on: March 04, 2020, 04:39:20 AM »

I really don't understand the hate that Warren gets within the Democratic Party. I mean, I disagree with her on plenty of things, but she seems like a genuinely passionate person and relatively good-spirited in a suburban soccer mom sort of way. I never saw her as someone with a particularly big ego, especially when compared to Trump, O'Rourke, or Harris. I guess her refusal to bow out at this point kind of flies in the face of my assessment, but really, I'm just as confused as she is as to why she didn't catch on.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #832 on: March 04, 2020, 04:41:06 AM »

I really don't understand the hate that Warren gets within the Democratic Party. I mean, I disagree with her on plenty of things, but she seems like a genuinely passionate person and relatively good-spirited in a suburban soccer mom sort of way. I never saw her as someone with a particularly big ego, especially when compared to Trump, O'Rourke, or Harris. I guess her refusal to bow out at this point kind of flies in the face of my assessment, but really, I'm just as confused as she is as to why she didn't catch on.

I honestly think it's because of who's currently in office now. People are scared out of their minds after what happened to Hillary that consciously, or unconciously, folks are going for the most risk-averse option.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2020, 04:45:15 AM »

Still a big fan of Liz, but it's time to drop out. You had a good run, and I think you would have been an extremely qualified and competent president, but it was just not meant to be. Hopefully you can still push for some of your key issues in the Senate. Get Chuck Schumer to abolish the filibuster lol.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2020, 04:47:24 AM »

I thought this too until she started pulling Tulsi sh*t.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #835 on: March 04, 2020, 04:55:17 AM »

I thought this too until she started pulling Tulsi sh*t.

Say what you will about Tulsi and Warren, but they KO'd Harris and Bloomberg in this campaign. They have my eternal respect for that.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #836 on: March 04, 2020, 07:40:40 AM »

My thoughts:

1 Liz attacked Bernie with lame "he hates women" (mattered or not, but Bernie struggled with privileged white women).
2 She attacked Bloomy who was dividing the moderates.
3 Haven't endorsed Bernie before ST and likely never will.
4 🐍🐍🐍 disgrace.
Roblox

« Reply #837 on: March 04, 2020, 08:56:56 AM »

Lol is Warren staying in after getting 3rd place somewhere that's not only her home state, but demographically perfect for her?
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #838 on: March 04, 2020, 09:07:31 AM »

She had no path to the nomination. Nevertheless, she persisted.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #839 on: March 04, 2020, 09:33:29 AM »

Warren isn't trying to win the nomination anymore.  Her plan is to hope for a contested convention and to go into it with enough delegates to have leverage over policy and staffing in the next administration.  She's obviously not going to be the nominee, or even the veep pick, but if Biden (or Sanders) needs her votes to get past the line to a majority she could negotiate for Treasury (and maybe get her buddy Castro a job like AG as well).  Or she could hold out for assurances that the criminality of the Trump administration will be prosecuted and not swept under the rug.  Either way, she's doing what good politicians do:  get leverage and use it to get what you want.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #840 on: March 04, 2020, 09:37:45 AM »

Warren isn't trying to win the nomination anymore.  Her plan is to hope for a contested convention and to go into it with enough delegates to have leverage over policy and staffing in the next administration.  She's obviously not going to be the nominee, or even the veep pick, but if Biden (or Sanders) needs her votes to get past the line to a majority she could negotiate for Treasury (and maybe get her buddy Castro a job like AG as well).  Or she could hold out for assurances that the criminality of the Trump administration will be prosecuted and not swept under the rug.  Either way, she's doing what good politicians do:  get leverage and use it to get what you want.

You know whose administration she'd have far more leverage in if she got out of the race and stopped impeding his ability to win in states like MN, MA, TX, etc?
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #841 on: March 04, 2020, 09:39:32 AM »

If Warren dropped out Biden would have probably taken half or more than half of her voters, he has the momentum.

Bernie choked with black voters, there is no blaming Warren for that.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #842 on: March 04, 2020, 09:46:27 AM »

You know whose administration she'd have far more leverage in if she got out of the race and stopped impeding his ability to win in states like MN, MA, TX, etc?

I'm not sure you know what leverage means.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #843 on: March 04, 2020, 10:10:00 AM »

Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #844 on: March 04, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #845 on: March 04, 2020, 10:55:01 AM »

Prediction: Warren’s going to drop and choose not to endorse and the Bernie folks are going to go nuts
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #846 on: March 04, 2020, 10:56:26 AM »

Prediction: Warren’s going to drop and choose not to endorse and the Bernie folks are going to go nuts

Eh, the way I see things, that'd be a blessing. She could well be on the Biden Train.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #847 on: March 04, 2020, 10:57:09 AM »

Frankly, if she drops out (and I'm not sure she should) I hope she endorses Biden.  At this stage in the contest, it'd be doing him a real solid.  And hopefully, he'd repay the gesture when he's president.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #848 on: March 04, 2020, 10:57:52 AM »

Eh, the way I see things, that'd be a blessing. She could well be on the Biden Train.

Maybe if it were someone else, but she and Biden go way back in their dislike of one another
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #849 on: March 04, 2020, 10:59:48 AM »

I'm not sure you know what leverage means.

I'm not sure SHE knows what leverage means in this scenario. Burning bridges with her closest ideological companion in national politics and then crashing and burning herself means she damaged her chance to pretty much control large swathes of President Sanders' policy agenda, either as VP or Secretary of the Treasury or Commerce or what have you.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies