Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:31:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37
Author Topic: Elizabeth Warren 2020 Megathread v2 (pg 35 - Emily List support)  (Read 58963 times)
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: February 12, 2020, 11:08:25 AM »

What's Warren's game plan? Screw Bernie out of the nomination? It doesn't even look like she's much of a spoiler for him anymore. Coming under 10% in a state she was at 28% at one point last year is a major blow to her campaign. She really has no path forward.

She should drop out to save face.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #576 on: February 12, 2020, 11:13:04 AM »

It is hard to argue that a vote for Warren is not a wasted vote. She will 100% drop out after Super Tuesday due to lack of funds but if she bombs in Nevada, then I doubt she will have the funds to go till Super Tuesday.

Having said that Biden or Bernie or Pete has no right to her voters & have to earn it so calls from other candidates supporters about this spoiler & so on will only add negative vibes.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #577 on: February 12, 2020, 11:48:06 AM »
« Edited: February 12, 2020, 12:06:04 PM by GP270watch »

What's Warren's game plan? Screw Bernie out of the nomination? It doesn't even look like she's much of a spoiler for him anymore. Coming under 10% in a state she was at 28% at one point last year is a major blow to her campaign. She really has no path forward.

Why?

She's not Rubio who is being groomed for President with no real qualifications. This is her last chance realistically to be President and to speak to the issues that she feels are plaguing this country. She doesn't gain anything by dropping out, personally or for furthering an agenda that badly needs to be in the public discourse.

Last night's result was disastrous. She got such a low overall vote count, in a neighboring state where she needed to have a strong showing. It doesn't even add up following the Iowa result.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #578 on: February 12, 2020, 11:50:50 AM »

Senator Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #579 on: February 12, 2020, 11:51:35 AM »

Seems as if her campaign is winding down.
redjohn
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #580 on: February 12, 2020, 11:51:50 AM »

Either she's dropping out or gearing up for ST. I personally doubt she stays in that much longer. I can see her staying in to see how she does in NV, but if she comes in 3rd/4th there I think she drops. Maybe sooner.
Mattantunes
« Reply #581 on: February 12, 2020, 12:23:29 PM »

She's done, at this point Warren's just angling for a cabinet position or maybe vp with Sanders?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #582 on: February 12, 2020, 12:50:40 PM »

Her departure is imminent.

She is looking for a respectable way out.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #583 on: February 12, 2020, 02:55:05 PM »

Why?

She's not Rubio who is being groomed for President with no real qualifications. This is her last chance realistically to be President and to speak to the issues that she feels are plaguing this country. She doesn't gain anything by dropping out, personally or for furthering an agenda that badly needs to be in the public discourse.

Last night's result was disastrous. She got such a low overall vote count, in a neighboring state where she needed to have a strong showing. It doesn't even add up following the Iowa result.

Actually she is the Rubio of 2020,she was first touted as a candidate for president in 2016 just like Rubio was before 2016. She and Rubio both depended on a base of college educated people in their party who were not really moderate and both of them can't really get outside that base besides for a few weeks where Warren had a surge.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #584 on: February 12, 2020, 03:00:41 PM »

Why?

Actually she is the Rubio of 2020,she was first touted as a candidate for president in 2016 just like Rubio was before 2016. She and Rubio both depended on a base of college educated people in their party who were not really moderate and both of them can't really get outside that base besides for a few weeks where Warren had a surge.

I can't fault your analysis too much, but it's still completely rubs me the wrong way to compare such a brilliant person who is exhibit a of someone who should have been president, versus that total empty suit Little Marco.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #585 on: February 12, 2020, 03:37:19 PM »

Seems as if her campaign is winding down.

Looks like she'll either 1) drop out after NV or 2) drop out after Super Tuesday, when she inevitably doesn't carry her home state. I would think she would want to save the embarrassment of losing her home state but who knows what she's trying to do.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #586 on: February 12, 2020, 03:58:07 PM »

Good riddance. She just does not have it. This helps Amy a lot.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #587 on: February 12, 2020, 05:45:36 PM »

Any tweet that explicitly asks readers to "Please spread this around so we can make them aware" sounds inherently suspicious.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #588 on: February 12, 2020, 05:46:21 PM »

There's an unsourced rumor that DNC Staffer Seth Rich was actually murdered by Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and that a Pizzeria Comet Pizza in DC has the answers. But it's being circulated by Rose Emojis. Hold on let me find some links.
atheist4thecause
United States

« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2020, 06:06:30 PM »

There's more to running for President than just winning. Some possible scenarios are that she's holding on for Super Tuesday, where she can try to run it up in Massachusetts. The problem with that is that she might not even last that long at this rate if she keeps getting 4th and she may not even be leading her home state at this point. 91 delegates for Massachusetts is nothing to scoff at, though, so it could put her right back in the race. She's also actually leading Klobuchar in delegate total.

Another scenario is that she's holding on to try to get another candidate to give her a deal. Maybe she can get VP or some other administration cabinet promise. Those things have to be negotiated. If she drops out now then she will be giving away her leverage for nothing.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #590 on: February 12, 2020, 06:24:14 PM »

There's an unsourced Twitter rumor that Warren's campaign doesn't have the money to make payroll, but it's being circulated by rose emoji grifters promoting their podcasts and streams:

https://twitter.com/SeanMcCarthyCom/status/1227690575593398273?s=20
https://twitter.com/SiddakAhuja/status/1227691392975220742?s=20

Garbage. No way that many people are working for free without it leaking to reputable sources.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #591 on: February 12, 2020, 08:05:08 PM »

There's an unsourced Twitter rumor that Warren's campaign doesn't have the money to make payroll, but it's being circulated by rose emoji grifters promoting their podcasts and streams:

Rose Twitter is a cesspool
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #592 on: February 13, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »

The more I think about this the more I think she'll drop out after Nevada. She's going to do terrible there, if she can't even get double digits in NH. The 15%/precinct rule is going to shrink her delegate total further and she'll end up with probably no national delegates out of Nevada.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #593 on: February 13, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »

The clearest evidence for her slide is that voters don't think she can beat Trump. I think she tried to answer this by saying how people thought Obama and Trump were not electable. Obviously that explanation doesn't seem to have taken hold.
Kamala's side hoe
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2020, 03:30:26 PM by khuzifenq »

The clearest evidence for her slide is that voters don't think she can beat Trump. I think she tried to answer this by saying how people thought Obama and Trump were not electable. Obviously that explanation doesn't seem to have taken hold.

This has been an issue for her since November tbh

Elizabeth Warren announces plan to help low-income, diverse Asian American communities

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts released a plan Thursday that would potentially help low-income and other underserved Asian Americans.

Warren announced her “Working Agenda for Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders,” shared first with NBC Asian America, in which she called for the collection of demographic data on specific ethnicities. Roger Lau, the presidential hopeful’s campaign manager, said the plan would help reveal disparities within the racial group.

“When I was growing up, I heard claims that all Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders fit the 'model minority' mold -- but around me, families were struggling to keep the lights on,” Lau, one of the first Asian American campaign managers for a major American presidential candidate, said. “The Asian American and Pacific Islander community is not a monolith and Elizabeth's Working Agenda shows her commitment to collecting the data and implementing policies that will ensure every AAPI family can build a future.”

Warren said she would establish a task force to work with Asian American communities to obtain disaggregated data across all agencies and departments, as well as key surveys, by the end of her first term. The plan also detailed her position on several other issues including affordable housing, criminal justice reform and fighting white nationalism.
MRS DONNA SHALALA
cuddlebuns
South Africa

« Reply #595 on: February 13, 2020, 03:41:48 PM »

Any tweet that explicitly asks readers to "Please spread this around so we can make them aware" sounds inherently suspicious.

But if I don't forward it to 12 people I'll die in 4 days!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #596 on: February 13, 2020, 09:06:35 PM »

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #597 on: February 13, 2020, 10:26:43 PM »

She is @ 10% nationally & falling so she likely won't make the debates after South Carolina anyways. At this rate she will almost definitely lose Massachusetts & will probably get 0 Delegates everywhere except Massachusetts. I am not sure why she wants to have this humiliating finish. She doesn't even have the money to run ads in California & Texas.

Maybe she wants to be the VP to Klobuchar or Biden as the progressive figure in a sort of unity ticket. This is becoming Yang or Bennet level stuff & forcefully carrying on despite having no chance.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #598 on: February 13, 2020, 10:29:19 PM »

The more I think about this the more I think she'll drop out after Nevada. She's going to do terrible there, if she can't even get double digits in NH. The 15%/precinct rule is going to shrink her delegate total further and she'll end up with probably no national delegates out of Nevada.

And SC.The truth is she will get 0 Delegates in both these states. And if she lasts in Super Tuesday Massachusetts is the only state where she will be viable. She was already @ 16-17 in California before Iowa/NH & she has no money for ads in California & every other candidates including Klobuchar will run ads in California. Now she can be a Delaney & continue.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #599 on: February 14, 2020, 12:03:01 PM »

She is @ 10% nationally & falling so she likely won't make the debates after South Carolina anyways. At this rate she will almost definitely lose Massachusetts & will probably get 0 Delegates everywhere except Massachusetts. I am not sure why she wants to have this humiliating finish. She doesn't even have the money to run ads in California & Texas.

Maybe she wants to be the VP to Klobuchar or Biden as the progressive figure in a sort of unity ticket. This is becoming Yang or Bennet level stuff & forcefully carrying on despite having no chance.

I believe candidates now automatically qualify for the debates if they have won a pledged delegate.  So unless this changes, all of the top five candidates will be in all future debates until they drop out.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 37  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies