What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2.0.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:03:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2.0.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2.0.)  (Read 45626 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: July 30, 2020, 03:42:00 PM »

Just starting The Secret History by Donna Tartt.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 03:39:55 PM »

Just finished Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh, and I'm revisiting Burke's Reflections

I absolutely love Decline and Fall. Incredibly funny. Depending on the day you ask me, I might just say it’s my favourite Waugh novel.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 03:57:12 PM »

Just finished Decline and Fall by Evelyn Waugh, and I'm revisiting Burke's Reflections

I absolutely love Decline and Fall. Incredibly funny. Depending on the day you ask me, I might just say it’s my favourite Waugh novel.

It's an excellent book. I annoyed everyone I live with by incessantly reading it aloud to them. I certainly plan on reading more Waugh in the future.

It was actually the first one I read by him, having been gifted it by my mother for my birthday, so I have a sentimental attachment to it that probably even further heightens my estimatation of it. Anyway, when you do return to Waugh, I’d highly recommend Scoop if you’re looking for more of his comic genius. Or you could always get stuck right into Brideshead Revisited!
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2022, 06:47:54 PM »

I recently finished The Leopard. One of the most fantastic novels I have ever read, a peerless evocation of the human experience of change and continuity. The atmosphere of fading splendour, languor and decay is incredible - a brilliant recreation of a lost world - as are the descriptions of the Sicilian landscape.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies