What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2.0.) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 12:51:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate
  Book Reviews and Discussion (Moderator: Torie)
  What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2.0.) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What Book Are You Currently Reading? (2.0.)  (Read 45990 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: April 25, 2020, 08:49:14 AM »

I'm currently reading through the first omnibus of Gaunt's Ghosts by Dan Abnett. It's essentially the first trilogy combined into one and consisting of First and Only, Ghostmaker and Necropolis. They're genuinely enthralling books and I would highly recommend them to anyone interested in science fiction. I would advise doing some background research into Warhammer 40,000 before you start, or you might be a little lost. Or you could do it as you go, either works.

Not that long ago, I finished The Volunteer by Jack Fairweather. An amazing book about an even more amazing story that most people would assume would be straight fiction if it came out of a movie. While it is about hope and resistance in the face ob tyranny, it also has an incredibly tragic ending. Who's the hero? None other than the legendary Pole, Witold Pilecki.

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 06:24:14 PM »

I decided to take the plunge and buy the full set of Three Kingdoms from my Red Cross.

Wish me luck, ladies and gentlemen.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 11:34:03 PM »

Songbirds and Snakes right now. Tossing up between Dune or The Avoidable War next.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies