New Sheriff in Town
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:10:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Sheriff in Town
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: New Sheriff in Town  (Read 11677 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2020, 05:57:39 PM »

1. The Terms of Service: Like it not, love it or hate it. This forum is a resource that serves a purpose for Dave's business and therefore this site has rules to follow.

Who is this Dave that curious singularity called Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee is touching so incautiously upon? Dave is a word, made out of four letters put in a specific order, but it is also a less than a word, for there are two categories of words. The words of wisdom and the empty orders of letters, meaning no more than if these letters were randomly thrown into the depths of ocean. Four disconsolate letters made out of thin air coming from a coyote's lungs, and meaning only as much as a shadow made out of paper cuts to deceive and confuse our naturally vulnerable eyes. Four disjointed symbols rascals and wretched monster perishers glue together to bend an honest man to their sick and felonious will. This, my good sirs, is what "Dave" and his "business" are all about. Only a man who has opened oneself and received enlightenment can see the shadows being but the shadows and break up the glue holding together D, A, V and E. And once the hold breaks, so breaks the chain squashing the soul.

Stop insulting the abbreviated form of my first name.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2020, 09:36:49 AM »

1. The Terms of Service: Like it not, love it or hate it. This forum is a resource that serves a purpose for Dave's business and therefore this site has rules to follow.

Who is this Dave that curious singularity called Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee is touching so incautiously upon? Dave is a word, made out of four letters put in a specific order, but it is also a less than a word, for there are two categories of words. The words of wisdom and the empty orders of letters, meaning no more than if these letters were randomly thrown into the depths of ocean. Four disconsolate letters made out of thin air coming from a coyote's lungs, and meaning only as much as a shadow made out of paper cuts to deceive and confuse our naturally vulnerable eyes. Four disjointed symbols rascals and wretched monster perishers glue together to bend an honest man to their sick and felonious will. This, my good sirs, is what "Dave" and his "business" are all about. Only a man who has opened oneself and received enlightenment can see the shadows being but the shadows and break up the glue holding together D, A, V and E. And once the hold breaks, so breaks the chain squashing the soul.

Stop insulting the abbreviated form of my first name.

D, A, V and E are but a zygote of a name, incipient and too sensitive to survive in the wider world. A collection of four curious letters sewed together with a middling, think and easy to shatter
thread. But D, A, V, I and D is a solid, well-formed honorific, hold together by an unbreakable, precious line only God can separate, for no man could not should attempt to.

(your name's Dave? Pretty cool).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 11:55:25 AM »

This is a political game, certain levels of criticism and attack within reasonable amounts and focused primarily on policy, competence and the like are necessary for the game to succeed. However, personal attacks, etc will not be tolerated under any circumstances. When it comes to the transgender players for instance, at the very least as a matter of personal respect, address people the way they request. If you have some moral objection to that, then I would encourage you to use their display name every time you reference them or their office name.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2020, 11:58:00 AM »

This is a political game, certain levels of criticism and attack within reasonable amounts and focused primarily on policy, competence and the like are necessary for the game to succeed. However, personal attacks, etc will not be tolerated under any circumstances. When it comes to the transgender players for instance, at the very least as a matter of personal respect, address people the way they request. If you have some moral objection to that, then I would encourage you to use their display name every time you reference them or their office name.
Can't wait for Ben to say Trans Rights Are Human Rights.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2021, 12:54:15 PM »

Reiterating YE's forum wide policy here:

Using the r word in a post uncensored will get you infracted just as an FYI.

I haven't seen this recently on Atlasia boards but it was so in the past.
georgelee
Australia

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2021, 04:36:39 AM »

I enjoy to read it thoroughly.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2021, 10:11:48 PM »

You may criticize competence in office, activity, experience and decisions made as such of a political nature.

You may not attack someone's mental capacity, intellectual capacity, physical attributes etc.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »

Sheriff Yankee, whats the deal with these "Politician" badges I see on selective Active politicians but not all of them?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2022, 08:28:47 PM »

Sheriff Yankee, whats the deal with these "Politician" badges I see on selective Active politicians but not all of them?

Its a member group on the forum created by Virginia for the atlasian officeholders. I think only Virginia, and maybe YE can update it.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2022, 09:38:29 PM »

Its a member group on the forum created by Virginia for the atlasian officeholders. I think only Virginia, and maybe YE can update it.

Can we have a thread or something for persons missing it to sign? It should be fairly given.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2023, 12:39:33 PM »

As I'm sure most of you have noticed, our esteemed colleague and board Sheriff Yankee has been missing in action for some time. We all hope it's nothing serious, but if someone had a (non-Discord) way to contact him - just to make sure he's doing well - that would be helpful.

In the meantime, I've been asked to return temporarily as a mod to hold down the fort.

Yankee's previous guidelines and attitude stand, and I'll do my best to fulfill that work as objectively as possible. If you disagree with a decision, feel free to ask about it so it is respectfully discussed.

(May it be but a brief interlude!)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2023, 09:05:56 AM »

I haven't seen cases here thus far, but given how things are going lately, I did want to make it clear that I will crack down hard on any advocacy for ethnic cleansing of any kind (whether it be Ukraine-Russia, Azerbaijan-Armenia, Israel-Palestine topics, and so on).

So please, if these topics draw such stances from anyone, it would be appreciated if they kept those views to themselves and not deploy them on these Atlasia boards.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2024, 09:50:44 PM »

I've deployed the flamethrower on the "Meanwhile in the Senate..." thread, because when you're discussing whether you think someone is pro-rapist I think it's fairly self-evident that it's all downhill from there.

I only infracted one of the many reported posts - the pro-rapist, pro-terrorist, and so on - because I judged it to be the one that did cross a line, but it's not the first time we have this saga over the same subject.

On both sides, please knock it off.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2024, 10:18:58 PM »

So pointing out positions someone has held multiple times, and defended, on forum and in Atlasia is against TOS?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2024, 10:30:58 PM »

I've deployed the flamethrower on the "Meanwhile in the Senate..." thread, because when you're discussing whether you think someone is pro-rapist I think it's fairly self-evident that it's all downhill from there.

I only infracted one of the many reported posts - the pro-rapist, pro-terrorist, and so on - because I judged it to be the one that did cross a line, but it's not the first time we have this saga over the same subject.

Laki celebrated the 10/7 attack and has made excuses for it multiple times . He is pro-terrorist
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2024, 10:33:24 PM »

If someone genuinely believes, and has made posts supporting that a rapist does not belong in prison, it's not a personal attack to call them pro-rapist, especially when that is clearly a pro-rapist position.  
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2024, 11:17:24 PM »

So pointing out positions someone has held multiple times, and defended, on forum and in Atlasia is against TOS?

If someone genuinely believes, and has made posts supporting that a rapist does not belong in prison, it's not a personal attack to call them pro-rapist, especially when that is clearly a pro-rapist position. 

It is in my view, which I find consistent with the TOS.

It could be appealed to Virginia if my judgement is felt to be off - not being snarky, it is a valid alternative - but to me calling another user over policy differences on incarceration (regardless of what we may think of it, or what I feel is the proper punishment for rapists) as being pro-rapist ultimately has no redeeming value nor is it fair, and is a clear cut personal attack.

Laki celebrated the 10/7 attack and has made excuses for it multiple times . He is pro-terrorist

Since the subject has been brought up, and conceding that much of the discourse on Israel-Palestine takes place elsewhere, I'd appreciate if posts on the Atlasian boards praising Hamas or terrorist activity were reported. I don't take kindly to those.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies