Hamilton County, IN Elections
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:19:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Hamilton County, IN Elections
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hamilton County, IN Elections  (Read 349 times)
walleye26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »

I don’t know if this is where to post this, but Democrats made historic gains in Hamilton County. A few Democrats won city council seats in Carmel and Fishers, and while some Democrats didn’t win, they certainly gave the Republicans a run for their money.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/2501314001
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 09:08:30 PM »

Democrat also picked up the Zionsville Mayors seat. Zionsville is another wealthy northside burb that borders Carmel immediately to the west in Boone County.
walleye26

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 09:19:30 PM »

Democrat also picked up the Zionsville Mayors seat. Zionsville is another wealthy northside burb that borders Carmel immediately to the west in Boone County.

Are most of the wealthiest suburbs north of Indianapolis? Or all over? I know Hamilton is to the north but I don’t know about the counties to the east and south of Indianapolis.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 09:57:45 PM »

Are most of the wealthiest suburbs north of Indianapolis? Or all over? I know Hamilton is to the north but I don’t know about the counties to the east and south of Indianapolis.

Generally yes, although a few of the smaller ones are close in East or West.

Here are the wealthiest places in Metro Indianapolis > 1,000 Pop:

1.) Meridian Hills (Washington Township, Marion County--- Northern)  Pop=2.2k  MHI- $142k/Yr
2.) Zionsville (SE Boone County)                                                      Pop=26k    MHI  $118k/Yr
3.) Carmel    (SW Hamilton Co)                                                        Pop=87k   MHI   $107k/Yr
4.) Fishers    (SE Hamilton Co)                                                         Pop=86k   MHI   $97k/Yr
5.) Avon       (East Hendricks Co)                                                     Pop=16k   MHI    $93k/Yr
6.) McCordsville  (NW Hancock Co)                                                  Pop= 6k    MHI    $93k/Yr
7.) Westfield  (Central Hamilton Co)                                                 Pop= 34k  MHI    $90k/Yr
8.) Pittsboro  (North Central Hendricks Co)                                       Pop=3k     MHI    $80k/Yr
9.) Whitestown (SE Boone County)                                                  Pop=5k     MHI    $75k/yr
10.) Bargersville (NW Johnson Co.)                                                  Pop=7k    MHI    $72k/yr   

So yeah, I would say picking up Zionsville is probably a good sign for DEM forward movement within the wealthy (and larger) 'burbs of Hamilton County....   

That being said within the City of Indianapolis (Pop 845k) there are quite a few wealthy places:

Northern Indianapolis:

Geist, Traders Point are both $100k+ / MHI
Also a string of other neighborhoods within the same region where MHI tends to match at minimum the lower end of the spectrum above.

You have a decent branch of $70-75k / MHI neighborhoods in SE Indianapolis as well with a combined population of slightly over 30k...

So, it's a bit tougher to break down election results within a city without going into precinct numbers, I would suspect the trends in the wealthier Northern 'burbs are likely mirrored within the City itself....                                             
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 10:42:35 PM »

Forgot to mention that there were some threads about the '16 election regarding swings in wealthier places against the 'Pubs at the Presidential level compared to '12.

That being said, I don't recall running numbers from Indiana on this topic at least in either of these two threads....

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259050.75

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=267040.25

Indiana precinct level data is more difficult to obtain than some since last time I checked you have to go to incomplete county level datasets for official online sourcing (although I might have access to some private collections posted elsewhere from official sources).

For anyone interested in 2018 Indiana precinct level results, check out this link....

Looks like it covers most of Metro Indianapolis, although for some reason I couldn't find Hancock County "officially" posting precinct results...

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=307483.msg6585529#msg6585529

My recollection is slightly hazy, but believe you would have to try pulling the '16 data from the same sources (unless you just want to go the route of the NYT '16 National precinct map, which is not only a bit lazy, but much less efficient when crunching large amounts of data).

I believe '08 numbers are available as a national data-set that I might have floating around on same external jump drive....

Still anyone seriously interested in taking a look at precinct data from IN that is "unofficial" but from official sources, send me a PM, since I have a few crowd-sourced data locations out there, but I don't want folks getting bombarded for bs requests like: "Tell me how a certain precinct voted in the '13 election in Imaginary County in Imaginary State.   Wink

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies