Local politicians with a national future
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:33:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Local politicians with a national future
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Local politicians with a national future  (Read 436 times)
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 06, 2019, 09:51:46 PM »

Who are some obscure local and statewide politicians in your area you could see being nationally influential someday? I'm talking about mayors, county commissioners, state senators, and so on.

Shane Bemis, a business conservative mayor from Oregon, could have been if he'd jumped into the gubernatorial race in 2016. Wisely staying out of the national dumpster fire. When I lived in Florida, I always thought Sheriff Grady Judd- hardcore law and order guy, registered independent IIRC- would do something controversial and become relevant. He did show up in the news for Rebecca Sedwick after I was gone, but I wouldn't bet on a political future for him anymore.

Right now, I'm thinking the GOP emerges as something more libertarian after a post-Trump wilderness, so someone young from the Rockefeller Republican, Larry Hogan crop is the future. The only name that comes to mind is Nick Freitas, a Virginia state congressman.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2019, 01:14:10 PM »

Josh Maxwell, the mayor of Downingtown, PA. He was born in ~1984 and was just elected to the Chesco board of commissioners.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 03:06:36 AM »
« Edited: November 19, 2019, 05:33:31 PM by Interlocutor »

Angelov Farooq, President of the Riverside Unified School District board. Only in his mid-30's and increasingly influential in building up the local Democratic bench. I can see him, at the very least, succeeding Mark Takano in the House.

Erin Edwards, who last week won a seat on the Riverside City Council, is another one I see doing big things in the future
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies