Bevin throws a toddler tantrum and wants a do-over
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:03:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bevin throws a toddler tantrum and wants a do-over
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Bevin throws a toddler tantrum and wants a do-over  (Read 3067 times)
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2019, 01:54:20 PM »

Hey Wildman and Bandit sorry I doubted yall and congrats, and I stand with yall, and Bevin will not get away with this.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »

He has a right certainly to recanvass.  That just verifies precinct and county tables.

He has a right to a recount if he pays what is required.

Beyond that he has to make a real case based on real facts.

Getting tired of all the lefties complainTS.

I was a Rubio man.  Morning Joe and Hillary helped create Trump.  So all of us have to suffer.

But I will suffer less, as I supported Trump over Hillary.  AS A RESIDENT OF ARKANSAS TILL THIS YEAR, I COULD NEVER SUPPORT HILLARY. 

I HAVE MOVED TO TENNESSEE.  I WILL HAVE TO GHANGE MY MONIKER.

Ok boomer
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2019, 03:24:46 PM »

Lol this is perfect. Bevin throwing a tantrum.

Seriously though, the modern GOP barely cares for our Republic.

Go sit on a tack.

No, I don't think I will.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2019, 07:46:32 PM »

Republican Kentucky legislators tell Bevin to put up or shut up:

A growing number of Republican lawmakers are urging Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin, a fellow Republican, to either provide evidence of the voting “irregularities” he has alleged or concede Tuesday’s election to Gov.-elect Andy Beshear, who defeated him by 5,189 votes.

“The best thing to do, the right thing to do, is for Governor Bevin to concede the election today so we can move on,” said Rep. Jason Nemes, R-Louisville.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/article237113614.html
E-Dawg
Guy
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2020, 12:07:27 AM »

This may very well be prescient of how 2020 will go if Trump loses. Birds of a feather...
Got that one right.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2020, 12:17:08 PM »

Bevin, Trump, etc.

This will be the norms now whenever there is a close race and the GOP candidate feels "robbed"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »

This may very well be prescient of how 2020 will go if Trump loses. Birds of a feather...
Got that one right.

It's about time I predicted something right!

Though in fairness this was pretty obvious.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2020, 11:31:32 PM »

The parallels are shocking.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2020, 11:37:06 PM »

I called this ages ago. The parallels go further - Biden/Beshear both won fairly narrowly and had minimal coattails.

Trump has a core group of supporters that he will never lose, just as Nixon did.  I do think that group is a smaller percentage than some think.

I have some conservative family members in Montana.  They proudly voted for Trump four years ago.  But now they are as vehemently anti-Trump as I am.  The Covid-19 response allowed them to see Trump for who is he and now they are forwarding/posting messages on social media about Trump and his allegiances to Putin. 

Some of the folks we never suspected would turn on him are starting to see the light. 

Likewise, I just had a formerly pro-Trump aunt and a formerly pro-Trump acquaintance of mine like my Facebook post bashing Trump and endorsing Biden. Both are Kentuckians. These are all anecdotes of course, but even beyond that all signs are suggesting that a major sea change has occurred in this country in recent weeks/months that is likely to be reflected at the polls in November.

And at the end of the day, you know what I think the biggest factor will be, beyond even his horrible handling of COVID and all the other s—t he’s gotten himself into this year? The fact that people are just f—king sick and tired of him. Fatigue has set in; he’s not a novelty anymore. Much of the excitement and intrigue around him in 2016 was the fact that he was so dramatically different from what the nation was used to. Now he IS the status quo, and since people are now VERY unsatisfied with the status quo, they will be quick to write him off as a failed experiment who has long outstayed his welcome and who failed to rise to the occassion.

Basically, he is a dead meme from 2016 that people are BORED of now. He’s no longer edgy or funny or cool. He’s just an embarrassing, lingering reminder of a particular moment America was going through four years ago that we wish we could erase from our history.

Hell, I know even I often miss the days when I didn’t even think about who the president was at all during the Obama years, and I was way more politically tuned-in than the average person. To them this constant drama must be EXHAUSTING.

You probably know more as a Kentuckian, but I see last year's Kentucky gubernatorial election as a harbinger for November. It's actually kind of eerie how similar they are. A decently popular Democrat was term limited. In the race to succeed him, a GOP businessman who had never held office runs as a populist and wins the primary over a split field of establishment candidates. In the general, he beats an uninspiring Democrat in an upset because enough people felt it was time for a change and wanted to take a chance with something new. Said businessman alienates the majority of the state, including many people within his party, because of his incompetence, ego, abrasive personality and tendency to pick stupid fights. After four years, people are sick of the incumbent, and throw him out in favor of a moderate Democrat who is closely associated with the previous administration. And this happened in a state that is far more conservative than the country.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2020, 11:57:18 PM »

Kentucky's county election systems, whether they be Democratic or Republican, have never inspired confidence.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies