New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:46:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1040269 times)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 03, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »

Badger
JCP
Ohio
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 04:27:25 PM »

Thanks folks! I hope you all don't mind an occasional stupid question from the newbie such as, er...how does all this fantasy government stuff work? :-) Haven't sorted much out from the Wiki tab other than what region I'm in and the party I'd like to join.

Ah, the bliss of ignorance.....how soon I'll miss thee.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 04:40:14 PM »

Thanks folks! I hope you all don't mind an occasional stupid question from the newbie such as, er...how does all this fantasy government stuff work? :-) Haven't sorted much out from the Wiki tab other than what region I'm in and the party I'd like to join.

Ah, the bliss of ignorance.....how soon I'll miss thee.

Asking questions is the best way to get answers, no? Wink

What confuses you specifically? Elections?

I just found your Atlasia V 2.0 thread which helped a bit, thanks.

Yes, elections (next election "date", list of offices open to vote for in Mideast), plus governing--is my registering automatically make me part of the Mideast legislative assembly, or is that something I need to run for like (apparantly) senator?

Many more dumb questions to follow... :-)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 12:06:35 PM »

Party Change:

KyleGordon
Atlas Forum Democratic Party
West Virginia

That one doesn't exist anymore since a couple of years.

It can't just not exist, can't it come back again?

Yes, but nobody wants to bring it back.

Why what went wrong with it?

I don't know the exact reasons, but from what I've heard hereabouts people don't want a return to the Republican & Democratic parties.

I think it has to do with some of the things that occured here in 2004 and 2005 that made them so unappealing. They attempted a revival of the Atlas Republican Party in 2006 but it died away just like before.

You know, I came thiiiisss close to registering Democrat even after reading the Atlas Wiki history of the Atlasia Democratic Party's demise, just to see "what if?". I'm ashamed to admit Kyle just had the balls to do it whereas I didn't.

Better late than never:

Badger
Atlas Forum Democratic Party
Ohio

Nothing personal JCP, but with Kyle doing this so soon after I nearly took the jump--hey, it's gotta be a sign.

Kyle Gordon for Democratic Party Chair!

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »

Well, the real world Democratic party is a terrible organization. Why would you want to remake it when you have perfectly sensible alternatives?

Respectfully disagree (on the assessment of the real world Dem. Party, not the sensibility of alternative parties). :-) Both seem to have a generally progressive platform (by U.S. standards). What major policy differences are there between the JCP and the (real) Democrats?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 12:12:33 PM »

Hey, you guys be nice to the Democratic Party, thats the party I was the chairman of!  Smiley  Basically it died because I left.  If you want to bring it back, I migh join in, but I just made a party change and I don't want to overdo that.  Tongue

Go for it, Fritz! All the cool kids are doing it!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:04 PM »

While I can't say I expected Atlasia's left to stay under one party for long, I'm curious to know what you think the benefit of a new Democratic Party is.

Impatience, pretty much. There's no real point to doing it other than "Thrust myself into the spotlight!"

Why sir, I take great umberage to the accuracy of your remarks!

Seriously though, being new to Atlasia I'm more familiar with the "Democratic Party" than other Atlasian liberal parties as the JCP and DA (does the DA count more or less as "liberal"?). And the way parties seem to evolve, appear, disappear and morph here so quickly there's no real impediment I see to a reborn Democratic Party working with other liberal parties to support progressive candidates and legislation. Right?

I'll repeat my earlier question: Are there any notable differences between the platforms of the real world Democratic Party and the JCP?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 06:49:11 PM »

I didn't mean to be insulting (You'll find I'm just that way Tongue) but my point was that we have a left-wing party (JCP) and a center-left/center/center-right party (DA) so I don't know why there was some need to create another left-wing party. We had two left-wing parties in addition to the DA once, and all it did was split the left-wing vote and lead to centrists and moderates taking over the Senate. (With all respect to the DA, of course.)
Dude, I was just joking. Plus being a bit self-depriciating in admiting there may be a grain of truth to what you said. 'S all good, bro.

Your other point about needless duplicate liberal parties and potential needless vote splitting is a very good point. I'm going to take that under serious consideration.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 11:44:06 AM »

What are the parties here and what do they stand on?

Also, how exactly does the government and everything work?
As you can tell from the 2 pages of posts following your question, Bob, the answer is:

"With a lot of sniping, bitching, one-upmanship and ego-driven personality clashes, but all good since we're bound being in the same club with the same interests."

In other words, a lot like the real Congress. ;-)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 06:42:11 PM »

Yep

Badger
JCP
Ohio
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 02:51:56 PM »

Welcome to the Forum!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2009, 09:42:57 PM »

Wonder what some of the less conservative members of the DA feel about this. It's not as if these three are any less conservative. Wonder what effect this will have on the DA being a centrist party(or center left, IMHO)?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 08:05:03 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 08:12:16 AM »

Uh, if I could clear something up.

I joined this forum in March of 2008, before the Ohio and Texas primaries.  I, nor you, knew anything about this zombie situation then, because it didn't arise yet, and neither did the RPP at the time.

No one recruited me to join this forum.  I finally worked up enough courage to start posting here and stop lurking (I know that sounds really dumb).  If you feel I should post less, just tell me.  I don't mind.  School's about to start, so that will likely slow me down.  I don't want to become another JC, where I'm universally hated among the forum because I post a lot.

No one recruited me to join a certain political party in this game, and in fact I thought very long about joining the DA.  I just thought the JCP served my interests better, and maybe it would bring some friendly competition to the Northeast region that is dominated by the DA (no offense to any of you guys).

I realize there was a post about not posting arguments in here, so hopefully this is where I stop.
Relax, Mart. I went throught the same sort of BS when I joined here only a couple months ago. All kinds of garbage about a guy named Ogis (don't ask) and rampant sock puppetry. Took a while for people to finally realize I was just a long-time lurker who decided to play in Atlasia. Being greeted that way pissed me off the same way it's apparantly (and justifiably) annoying you too. Let it go, ignore the circular tail-chasing arguments, and just enjoy the game. Trust me.

AND PLEASE DON"T LET THAT LESS THAN CORDIAL WELCOME ENCOURAGE YOU TO POST LESS!! ;-)
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 04:49:58 PM »

Welcome to the Mideast!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 03:40:13 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:00 AM »

Sam Spade
Regional Protection Party
Ohio
Welcome to our awesome region and state!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 02:12:56 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 08:49:27 PM »

I would like to run from California.

General Mung Beans
Regional Protection Party
California

Uh, great.

For what office?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 08:21:03 AM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 07:57:49 PM »

Good point. There are two joke parties in Atlasia indeed.

Because a party called the "Jesus Christ Party" isn't some kind of dumb joke, plz?

Bgwah is my Lord and Savior.
And some of us DID recently vote to change the party name (unsuccessfully, alas). The name is really one of the few jokey things about the JCP.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »

Because a party called the "Jesus Christ Party" isn't some kind of dumb joke, plz?

And some of us DID recently vote to change the party name (unsuccessfully, alas). The name is really one of the few jokey things about the JCP.

Were I a party member, I'd have voted to keep the name as it is now.
Well, you certainly could be. ;-)

C'mon in, the water's fine.

"One of us. One of us. One of us......"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 07:27:12 AM »

Were I a party member, I'd have voted to keep the name as it is now.
Well, you certainly could be. ;-)

C'mon in, the water's fine.

"One of us. One of us. One of us......"

You honestly don't know what you'd be getting into...
Nah, he'd be fine. He wouldn't even be our most conservative member.

Most importantly, the JCP is a FAR less stressful party to be in.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 07:38:07 AM »

I feel really left out of all these secret internal JCP dealings. Sad
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies