New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:26:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1045329 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:15 PM »

North Carolina Yankee
Regional Protection Party
North Carolina
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:59:19 AM »

Thanks for the Welcome. When are the next elections?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »

Vepres
Independent
Colorado

I may register to specific party at another time once I become more familiar with Altasian politics.

You should totally join the Democratic Alliance!

The RPP might be a better fit. In four out of five regions, the average RPPer's PM score is in the libertarian quadrant. Grin

Yes, I was leaning towards the RPP from the beginning (after all, you recruited me, sort of...), however, I just want to make sure they don't have a position or leader that really turns me off to the party. I thought the RPP was conservative, but I guess I was wrong.

Just join the Democratic Alliance! We're a centrist pragmatist party.

[note, I don't feel like having 300 airheads attacking the DA yet again with whatever names they call us]

I can get very fired up and ideological at times, just look at my first topic created on this board. Also, I look at my PM score, and I estimate that I'm in the top 5% most libertarian members on this board. Just think a libertarian version of, say, McCain. One who gets fired up and emotional at times (and who sometimes makes mistakes *cough* suspending campaign *cough*).`

A fiery Libertarian, yes you would definately fit in on this side, meet some of our Yellow/Green Avatars especially SPC. Its your choice though and there are many Libertarians in the DA as well. Plus party affiliation really means very little here on Atlasia, they don't last that long. The DA just started in Jan, the RPP last August. The SDP and NLC just died off recently. The exception is the JCP being around since 2004 if I am not mistaken, however its members are very inactive except when it comes to voting in elections(expect a hit squad of Washington Avatars at my door any minute, must get my "little friend" ready Cheesy ).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 12:07:24 AM »

Vepres
Independent
Colorado

I may register to specific party at another time once I become more familiar with Altasian politics.

The RPP might be a better fit. In four out of five regions, the average RPPer's PM score is in the libertarian quadrant. Grin

Yes, I was leaning towards the RPP from the beginning (after all, you recruited me, sort of...), however, I just want to make sure they don't have a position or leader that really turns me off to the party. I thought the RPP was conservative, but I guess I was wrong.

[note, I don't feel like having 300 airheads attacking the DA yet again with whatever names they call us]

I can get very fired up and ideological at times, just look at my first topic created on this board. Also, I look at my PM score, and I estimate that I'm in the top 5% most libertarian members on this board. Just think a libertarian version of, say, McCain. One who gets fired up and emotional at times (and who sometimes makes mistakes *cough* suspending campaign *cough*).`

A fiery Libertarian, yes you would definately fit in on this side, meet some of our Yellow/Green Avatars especially SPC. Its your choice though and there are many Libertarians in the DA as well. Plus party affiliation really means very little here on Atlasia, they don't last that long. The DA just started in Jan, the RPP last August. The SDP and NLC just died off recently. The exception is the JCP being around since 2004 if I am not mistaken, however its members are very inactive except when it comes to voting in elections(expect a hit squad of Washington Avatars at my door any minute, must get my "little friend" ready Cheesy ).

The former members of SDP now in the JCP disagree with this comment on the inactivity of the JCP.

Yes but how many SDP turned JCP are there 5, 6. The original JCP are as a whole innactive.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 12:27:42 AM »

Vepres
Independent
Colorado

The former members of SDP now in the JCP disagree with this comment on the inactivity of the JCP.

Yes but how many SDP turned JCP are there 5, 6. The original JCP are as a whole innactive.

Yawn. The RPP certainly isn't more "active" than the pre-merger JCP.

RPP is definatetly more active then your gang of brainless zombies. But its almost 1:30 am and I am too tired to argue with you any further.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »

Who care who is more active, our goal is to get everyone active. And until we do that things will never change.

Amen to that.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »

Hello! I'd like to join the Regional Protection Party, is this where I do that?

You have to have 25 posts before you can join. Also, you might want to look into the DA or JCP because the RPP is a conservative party, for the most part.

The RPP is more than just conservatives. It also welcomes Populists, libertarians, and even some liberals with a lot of "Southern Pride". Prime example of RPP with Red Avatar is BenConstine. So don't assume we are not the party for him because he has a red avatar. He should do what PS said, research all three and then choose the one that best fits him. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »

You must realize the JCP has nothing to do with religion Tongue

Indeed, I'm perhaps the most religious person in the party and I'm not really religious.

I've pondered changing the name, but I love the randomness of it...

It is kind of funny when you think of it so I suggest leaving the name the way it is. Of course its your party and your free to what you want with it.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2009, 04:22:49 PM »

dcushmanjva
Regional Protection Party
California

Thanks for coming!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 07:17:08 PM »

I need to be in the Mideast, so I join Indiana, and I join the RPP, even though I like the JCP.

Could you at least put that in the proper format.

Example:
Catmusic
RPP
Indiana
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 10:28:15 PM »

Party Change:

KyleGordon
Atlas Forum Democratic Party
West Virginia

That one doesn't exist anymore since a couple of years.

It can't just not exist, can't it come back again?

Yes, but nobody wants to bring it back.

Why what went wrong with it?

I don't know the exact reasons, but from what I've heard hereabouts people don't want a return to the Republican & Democratic parties.

I think it has to do with some of the things that occured here in 2004 and 2005 that made them so unappealing. They attempted a revival of the Atlas Republican Party in 2006 but it died away just like before.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 10:48:01 PM »

It seems to me parties don't last very long here in Atlasia.

Longer then a year.

Pretty relative. What's a long time in Atlasia?

Little bit of friendly advice, Dan. You should be careful to avoid writing your response inside the quote of the person you are responding too.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 02:44:13 PM »

Welcome to back to Atlasia. You missed the deadline to vote in the up comming elections unfortunately.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2009, 03:28:20 PM »

Catmusic, didn't you recently move from Arizona to Ohio? If thats the case you can't move to Washington. Don't worry though as soon as you are eligible to move again you will be moved to Washington, but despite your change of address you are still in the Mideast untill that time shall come.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »

Catmusic, didn't you recently move from Arizona to Ohio? If thats the case you can't move to Washington. Don't worry though as soon as you are eligible to move again you will be moved to Washington, but despite your change of address you are still in the Mideast untill that time shall come.

Um.... I joined the Mideast before I left the first time, which was...... the middle of June?

So you first registered in Ohio? You weren't in any other regions? I seem to remember you being in the Pacific a few weeks ago.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

Um.... I joined the Mideast before I left the first time, which was...... the middle of June?

So you first registered in Ohio? You weren't in any other regions? I seem to remember you being in the Pacific a few weeks ago.
He was in Pacific, then he moved to the Mideast, now he's moved back to the Pacific. He'll probably be locked at the Mideast until late July, early August.

I think it might be longer then that, but I could be mistaking, just make sure he votes in the right region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 10:45:00 PM »

He was in Pacific, then he moved to the Mideast, now he's moved back to the Pacific. He'll probably be locked at the Mideast until late July, early August.

I think it might be longer then that, but I could be mistaking, just make sure he votes in the right region.

tee hee! I will. And don't call me catmusic anymore. Call me Calvin & Hobbes, or C&H for short, yankee.

Sorry but I prefer usernames to screenames, as the latter change so frequently.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia, and Welcome to the party!!! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 10:48:56 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia and Welcome to the party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 03:34:08 PM »

Welcome to the party, friend.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 06:08:59 PM »

Alright so how exactly does this thing work..?

Well my first suggestion would be to repost your registration since there is some question as to whether you had been here 15 days or not which is a requirement. Other then that I suggest checking out the introductory thread and the Wiki.

Welcome to Atlasia.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 06:23:12 PM »

Alright so how exactly does this thing work..?

Well my first suggestion would be to repost your registration since there is some question as to whether you had been here 15 days or not which is a requirement. Other then that I suggest checking out the introductory thread and the Wiki.

Welcome to Atlasia.

I counted out the days on one of my posts.

I didn't see that till after I posted that. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 06:37:14 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2009, 06:40:20 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I take some of the blame for that, I should edit the introduction thread with the updated registration and voting requirements. It was my constitutional amendment that raised them, afterall.

Did you update the party membership numbers yet, like I requested last month? Tongue Well I see you did, good, might as well update them again two as we have continued to expand.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »

I take some of the blame for that, I should edit the introduction thread with the updated registration and voting requirements. It was my constitutional amendment that raised them, afterall.

Did you update the party membership numbers yet, like I requested last month? Tongue

I think I updated them according to DoFA numbers a week or two ago. It's most likely not accurate though. I admit laziness on not wanting to go through and count numbers myself. Tongue

Does the fact that the current numbers exaggerate your party's current advantage provide a little disincentive to get around to updating it as well? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 05:54:33 PM »

Welcome to the Dirty South!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies