New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:59:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1040491 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4025 on: October 29, 2009, 08:31:34 PM »

Actually since I don't like my reputation of honesty being impugned

http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=137948
http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=138232
http://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=135304
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4026 on: October 29, 2009, 08:34:44 PM »

lol AH.com
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4027 on: October 29, 2009, 08:46:33 PM »

Not convinced that insantly accusing every new poster of being a zombie is all that helpful.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4028 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:36 PM »

Not convinced that insantly accusing every new poster of being a zombie is all that helpful.
sshhh
If you convince him he has freedom and does not have to do what I say, then how will he be my zombie!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #4029 on: October 29, 2009, 09:18:39 PM »

Not that I'm trying to be rude, but, that's exactly what DWTL said. So I guess it's only defensible when the LNF does it.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4030 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23:24 PM »

Not that I'm trying to be rude, but, that's exactly what DWTL said. So I guess it's only defensible when the LNF does it.

Well you have already shown that its only defensible when the JCP does it, so I agree Marokai. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4031 on: October 29, 2009, 09:26:03 PM »

Well you have already shown that its only defensible when the JCP does it, so I agree Marokai. Tongue

I don't recruit them, that's all I can say. Tongue I know that those who do in the JCP only recruit them in the states they live in, they don't tell them to post, etc. Zombies exist, yes, but my party's done it pretty by the book.

But like I said, I don't recruit much, and certainly not those with the bare minimum.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4032 on: October 29, 2009, 09:30:02 PM »

My name is Teddy
LNF = Teddy + Others
LNF =/= Teddy
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4033 on: October 29, 2009, 09:39:41 PM »

My name is Teddy
LNF = Teddy + Others
LNF =/= Teddy

He was defending it.

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass to anyone here, but it always seems like everyone pretends to be innocent until they get a recruit and then they make some flimsy excuse to defend him. The same thing happened when Hamilton, who several LNF members sparred with beforehand, suddenly joined the LNF, then he suddenly stops being a lying manipulative powermonger, and turns into a model citizen.

If another member with posts in the single-digits joined the JCP or the PCP/RPP everyone would be up in arms bitching at us for recruiting zombies.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4034 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »

Perhaps

But you especially have gotten to know me over the last little bit.

Does anyone here really think that I would have anyone willing to be my zombie Tongue

I can't say if Rubyug will play for a long period of time, or where he'll end up. I don't even know how old he is, or what his politics are, for all I know he's right-wing!

You can toss accusations, but I can respond. That does not irk me, nor does anyone anyone said in debates. What did irk me was the inference that implied that I was dishonest, and had a second account (sock puppet)

Which leads me back to my original point about crushing you - I don't want anything here to irk me personally, because I have enough stresses in my life, I don't need to add Atlasia to the list; thusly I approach the game in my own unique way.
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4035 on: October 29, 2009, 09:50:07 PM »

The same thing happened when Hamilton, who several LNF members sparred with beforehand, suddenly joined the LNF, then he suddenly stops being a lying manipulative powermonger, and turns into a model citizen.

Well I still hate him.
rubyug
United States

« Reply #4036 on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:24 PM »

I'm slightly confused. Am I a zombie or not? Make up your minds people.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4037 on: October 29, 2009, 10:00:23 PM »

You are
Now keep your eye on the AMSTAR thread, and if it falls to second, post in it so it bumps Tongue Also, post in the Diplomacy thread about how great Russia is doing Cheesy
rubyug
United States

« Reply #4038 on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:14 PM »

But... but... I wanna be a real boy. Sad Next time I am made a zombie tell me beforehand.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4039 on: October 29, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »

You are
Now keep your eye on the AMSTAR thread, and if it falls to second, post in it so it bumps Tongue Also, post in the Diplomacy thread about how great Russia is doing Cheesy

The AMSTAR thread is stickied, though. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4040 on: October 30, 2009, 10:43:12 AM »

My name is Teddy
LNF = Teddy + Others
LNF =/= Teddy

He was defending it.

Look, I'm not trying to be an ass to anyone here, but it always seems like everyone pretends to be innocent until they get a recruit and then they make some flimsy excuse to defend him. The same thing happened when Hamilton, who several LNF members sparred with beforehand, suddenly joined the LNF, then he suddenly stops being a lying manipulative powermonger, and turns into a model citizen.

If another member with posts in the single-digits joined the JCP or the PCP/RPP everyone would be up in arms bitching at us for recruiting zombies.

Dead on. But that is the treatment I've come to expect around here. Anyone with a low post count, whether zombie or not, is heavily scrutinized by everyone if they join the PCP and, to a lesser extent, the JCP. I'm surprised Hamilton hasn't started recruiting for the NLF, but I will not be surprised to see them defend his practices, after, only a few weeks ago, attacking the PCP for the same thing.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4041 on: October 30, 2009, 02:27:04 PM »

My name is Teddy
LNF = Teddy + Others
LNF =/= Teddy

He was defending it.

Dead on. But that is the treatment I've come to expect around here. Anyone with a low post count, whether zombie or not, is heavily scrutinized by everyone if they join the PCP and, to a lesser extent, the JCP. I'm surprised Hamilton hasn't started recruiting for the NLF, but I will not be surprised to see them defend his practices, after, only a few weeks ago, attacking the PCP for the same thing.

That might be the treatment at this time, but should it be? does it have to be?

I propose reforming the system. The reform would be that you just don't call someone a zombie, at least, not in this thread.

I'll be the first to sign up for that.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4042 on: October 30, 2009, 02:28:32 PM »

So we must consider every new poster a "zombie" or we're hypocrites? Besides, the issue with Fluffy (and Hamilton, of course) was the recruiting of large numbers of people in places where their votes would help the RPP-PCP the most - people who, for the most part, have tended to have had no involvement in fantasyland other than voting party line RPP-JCP come election. Paranoia in those cases was the result of experience and was (and is) justified.
I've never been a much of a fan of recruiting people from offsite (which is why I've never done it), btw, but I think that would be a seperate complaint from "zombie alert!!!!!".

As far as the general issue of LNF members supporting or doing anything, the LNF's structure is so decentralised that there's little in the way of collective responsibility - which, btw, also means that there can be little in the way of collective blame.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4043 on: October 30, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »

But... but... I wanna be a real boy. Sad Next time I am made a zombie tell me beforehand.

What the hell are you all talking about?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4044 on: October 30, 2009, 02:46:48 PM »

As far as the general issue of LNF members supporting or doing anything, the LNF's structure is so decentralised that there's little in the way of collective responsibility - which, btw, also means that there can be little in the way of collective blame.
That don't stop certain people.

Though I suppose the same is true for other parties as well. Though of course everyone knows who's meant and who isn't. Most of the time.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4045 on: October 30, 2009, 03:29:48 PM »

Kalwejt
Jesus Christ Party
Alaska
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4046 on: October 30, 2009, 03:30:44 PM »

Due to new law, which not premitted to change registration for a while, think about it as a long vacation from NE
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #4047 on: October 30, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »

What the hell are you all talking about?
Pinocchio

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4048 on: October 30, 2009, 04:46:46 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^ this.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4049 on: October 30, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »

<laugh> Funny. Don't get discouraged from the less than warm welcome here: Keep a sense of humor like that and you'll do just fine.

Welcome (er, in a few dozen more posts, that is). ;-)
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 159 160 161 [162] 163 164 165 166 167 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies