New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:41:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039805 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2500 on: May 29, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »

I'd love to get active but I'm really not sure how this works. How do I become an office holder, who are my party members/leaders?

You can run for the seante in the Northeast.

I'm doing that already! Angry Cry Smiley Grin

Though running for Lt. Governor would be great, if he's active. The Northeast needs new life.
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2501 on: May 29, 2009, 10:29:26 PM »

KyleGordon2016
Democratic Alliance
West Virgina
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #2502 on: May 29, 2009, 10:32:02 PM »

KyleGordon2016
Democratic Alliance
West Virgina

Welcome.  I am your party Vice Chairman and regional Senator.  If you have any questions I am always available.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #2503 on: May 29, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »

KyleGordon2016
Democratic Alliance
West Virgina

Welcome! I see my PM to you worked!
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2504 on: May 29, 2009, 11:19:01 PM »

I'd love to get active but I'm really not sure how this works. How do I become an office holder, who are my party members/leaders?

You can run for the seante in the Northeast.

I'm doing that already! Angry Cry Smiley Grin

Though running for Lt. Governor would be great, if he's active. The Northeast needs new life.

I just saw that, of course, you have my full support.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #2505 on: May 29, 2009, 11:22:59 PM »

I'd like to register with the Democratic Alliance please

Liberal Democrat from NY recruited by Vepres

I think in order for your  registerion to count have to do it like this:

Name (jro660)
Party (DA)
State (NY)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #2506 on: May 29, 2009, 11:43:42 PM »

Welcome to Atlasia! Although the DA has endorsed a radical libertarian for President. The JCP is much more in line with you politically if you're a "NY Liberal Democrat," I suspect. Wink
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2507 on: May 30, 2009, 03:09:07 AM »

Welcome to Atlasia! Although the DA has endorsed a radical libertarian for President. The JCP is much more in line with you politically if you're a "NY Liberal Democrat," I suspect. Wink

Since when do "radical libertarians" support increased federal funding for education, subsidies for nuclear power plants, and subsidies for ecological cars? Oh, and a federal minimum wage?

Clearly your defintion of "radical libertarian" is a bit...ummm....weird.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #2508 on: May 30, 2009, 04:24:14 AM »

Since when do "radical libertarians" support increased federal funding for education, subsidies for nuclear power plants, and subsidies for ecological cars? Oh, and a federal minimum wage?

Despite the fact that he openly stated he did not like the subsidies part of that bill, made it sound like he would only support a minimum wage as a compromise (and wants it to be quite low), has a radical libertarian PM score, etc. etc. But it's not like I called the fellow an anarchist, which is what you seem to be suggesting.

I'm just saying that since your party has "Democratic" in its name, some new people might assume it is the more liberal party. But it is more like some Robert Byrd/Arlen Specter half-breed, and I am simply informing our new friend that, based on what he has told about his politics, he should perhaps give further thought to which party he wishes to be a member of. But, party membership isn't terribly important in the game so I see no reason to pursue the issue any further.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2509 on: May 30, 2009, 04:31:05 AM »

It's called being willing to compromise. If the government's policies were my prerogative to implement, none of those things would happen. Wink

At the same time, I would like to think that the openness towards compromise that I have shown recently would suggest that endorsing me is really not an objectionable proposition.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2510 on: May 30, 2009, 04:33:49 AM »

It's called being willing to compromise. If the government's policies were my prerogative to implement, none of those things would happen. Wink

At the same time, I would like to think that the openness towards compromise that I have shown recently would suggest that endorsing me is really not an objectionable proposition.

But they weren't compromises, especially something like the fuel efficient cars thing.....we were creating subsidies that didn't exist in any form. You could have just as easily voted NAY, but you chose to support it Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2511 on: May 30, 2009, 04:48:18 AM »

But they weren't compromises, especially something like the fuel efficient cars thing.....we were creating subsidies that didn't exist in any form. You could have just as easily voted NAY, but you chose to support it Smiley

I actually gave that much thought. I supported it mainly because I find the possibility of running out of gasoline without a viable alternative to be a very real threat. Should that happen, total economic collapse is the only possible outcome. I ultimately decided that it is a grave enough threat to warrant intervention.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #2512 on: May 30, 2009, 04:51:10 AM »

It's good to know that the folks in the RPP have a solid conservative choice in this election. lol.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2513 on: May 30, 2009, 04:53:22 AM »

So PiT, is there anything you won't compromise on? Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2514 on: May 30, 2009, 05:07:06 AM »

It's good to know that the folks in the RPP have a solid conservative choice in this election. lol.

I'm sure they'd prefer a right-winger who's willing to compromise to a left-wing firebrand.

So PiT, is there anything you won't compromise on? Tongue

I would not support an increase in foreign aid. Or for that matter any degradation of gun rights. I don't know what else though; I would need to reflect on it.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2515 on: May 30, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »

I'm sure they'd prefer a right-winger who's willing to compromise to a left-wing firebrand.

Don't get me wrong, I also think it's great that the standard-bearer of the 'Democratic' Alliance is someone who describes themselves as a right-winger.

I would not support an increase in foreign aid.

Why not?  Atlasia's foreign aid budget is much, much lower than that of the US - a result of the budget cutting days of 05.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2516 on: May 30, 2009, 05:47:36 AM »

I would not support an increase in foreign aid.

Why not?  Atlasia's foreign aid budget is much, much lower than that of the US - a result of the budget cutting days of 05.

F.L. 27-11 restored foreign aid to 2004 levels. Besides, I find some of our major recipients of foreign aid suspect. I think we need to reorganize our recipients of aid so as to reward the countries that on the forefront of freedom.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #2517 on: May 30, 2009, 08:23:11 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I also think it's great that the standard-bearer of the 'Democratic' Alliance is someone who describes themselves as a right-winger.

Um....are you talking about me or PiT?
Barack Hussian YO MAMA!!!!
The Rascal King
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.46, S: 4.96

« Reply #2518 on: May 30, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »

The Rascal King
JCP
Massachusetts

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2519 on: May 30, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »

The Rascal King
JCP
Massachusetts

Welcome to the party!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #2520 on: May 30, 2009, 07:35:07 PM »

Indeed, glad to have you Smiley
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2521 on: May 30, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »

Um....are you talking about me or PiT?

PiT, unless you described yourself as a right-winger somewhere and I am unaware of it.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2522 on: May 30, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

Any of the newly registered members (came in waves while I was away for holiday, didn't they?) that have questions, feel free to PM me. I am the Secretary of the Democratic Alliance and one of the at-large Senators. I also happen to be a fairly new member myself, so I can assist with the beginner's transition.
JerryBrown2010
KyleGordon2016
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.68, S: -9.30

« Reply #2523 on: May 30, 2009, 11:05:56 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2009, 11:49:50 PM by KyleGordon2016 »

Progressive
jro660

« Reply #2524 on: May 31, 2009, 12:08:31 AM »

I'm sorry. As a Jewish person I really can't say I represent the Jesus Christ Party. I'm sticking with the Democratic Alliance. And I'd like to run for office. Thanks,
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies