New Register Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:48:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 319
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039512 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: May 10, 2008, 08:22:51 PM »
« edited: May 10, 2008, 08:25:33 PM by Torie »

What is JCP?  Who is in it? Why would I be rejected by being an independent?  Why would folks not look behind the label to the person, and his or her qualifications and temperament for high office? 
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #1601 on: May 10, 2008, 08:29:32 PM »

What is JCP?  Who is in it? Why would I be rejected by being an independent?  Why would folks not look behind the label to the person, and his or her qualifications and temperament for high office? 

If you register outside of the Pacific region, people are fine with you being independent, and you can have a very fruitful career in office.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1602 on: May 10, 2008, 08:33:16 PM »

But that is where I live, and work. The place I know, and love. The place I was born. Is some machine controlling the place, behind the curtain?
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #1603 on: May 10, 2008, 08:34:50 PM »

But that is where I live, and work. The place I know, and love. The place I was born. Is some machine controlling the place, behind the curtain?

no, they're pretty far in front of the curtain.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #1604 on: May 10, 2008, 08:35:17 PM »

Pretty much. The JCP is bgwah's party, and everyone in it only votes for other people in it (with rare exceptions). The JCP dominates the Pacific.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1605 on: May 10, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »

The Pacific region is ruled by bgwah, the longtime Governor. He has around 6 or 7 loyal supporters who back whichever candidate he gives the JCP endorsement to. The JCP is the Jesus Christ Party, which initially was a sort of joke Christian right party but now has just become a center-left party. Whether or not you agree with their ideology shouldn't be important to you though, the only thing the JCP is concerned with is power, and if you're willing to support the other candidates in the machine, they will be willing to support you.

And I'm really not exaggerating how much they dominate the region. No one who isn't a JCP member has won there in over a year and a half.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1606 on: May 10, 2008, 08:41:59 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2008, 08:44:30 PM by Torie »

Well I shall run as an independent. If I lose because of it, so be it. I think I am well qualified for the office, and hope folks will consider me with an open mind. I favor no faction, I oppose no faction, I will do my best to serve all with good judgment,  based on my knowledge and experience. Cheers.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1607 on: May 10, 2008, 08:44:03 PM »

Well I shall run as an independent. If I lose because of it, so be it. I think I am well qualified for the office, and hope folks will consider me with an open mind. Cheers.

I wish you luck on your noble endeavor. If people keep attacking it, someday the machine will crack
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1608 on: May 10, 2008, 08:46:40 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2008, 08:54:30 PM by Torie »

Well I shall run as an independent. If I lose because of it, so be it. I think I am well qualified for the office, and hope folks will consider me with an open mind. Cheers.

I wish you luck on your noble endeavor. If people keep attacking it, someday the machine will crack

How are the constituency voters created by the way. Is it where you live, or what?  With whom should I be campaigning, and about what?  God, I need a manager! LOL. Any volunteers?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1609 on: May 10, 2008, 08:56:21 PM »

How are the constituency voters created by the way. Is it where you live, or what?  With whom should I be campaigning, and about what?  God, I need a manager! LOL. Any volunteers?

I want to make sure you're properly listed...could you please confirm that you are registering as:

Torie
California
Independent
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1610 on: May 10, 2008, 08:57:14 PM »

Yes. Apparently it is a Quixotic endeavor, per the cognescenti, but yes.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1611 on: May 10, 2008, 08:57:42 PM »

The Senate has 10 members. Five are elected by region (each region gets one). The regions are permanently set and do not change. The other five are elected by a nationwide vote using a form of STV.

Most candidates start a thread called a Campaign Headquarters or office, and then occasional deliver speeches or write up policy proposals there. PMing voters to talk to them directly can also help.

The regional Senate elections are notoriously uncompetitive though, as there are so few voters in each one and so few undecideds. And so often incumbents simply cruise to victory.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1612 on: May 10, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
« Edited: May 10, 2008, 09:02:52 PM by Torie »

What does STV mean? Maybe I should run at large.  That one is a curve ball. Smiley

Will you serve as my adviser? Please?
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1613 on: May 10, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »

Check your PM's, I suspect Moderate doesn't want us further clogging his New Register Thread. Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1614 on: May 10, 2008, 09:15:16 PM »

Check your PM's, I suspect Moderate doesn't want us further clogging his New Register Thread. Smiley

Quite right.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #1615 on: May 10, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »

Hi, Torie. I'm the only anti-JCP voter in the Pacific. Glad to see you've joined the cause. Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1616 on: May 10, 2008, 11:02:03 PM »

Hi, Torie. I'm the only anti-JCP voter in the Pacific. Glad to see you've joined the cause. Wink

It appears to be quixotic, but I offer myself up as I am. Let others judge me. I hope it won't be a party line thing. We know each other well enough to judge each as individuals - the good, the bad, and the ugly -  I would hope. Good luck to you!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1617 on: May 10, 2008, 11:05:52 PM »

It appears to be quixotic, but I offer myself up as I am. Let others judge me. I hope it won't be a party line thing. We know each other well enough to judge each as individuals - the good, the bad, and the ugly -  I would hope. Good luck to you!

We happen to be running against each other, actually. And in the Pacific, everything is party-line, unfortunately. The JCP controls the region now, but before that it was John Ford and WildCard.

In a word? You have no chance. CultureKing learned that when he tried to run against the machine, so he switched parties. In less than a week, he became a Senator.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1618 on: May 10, 2008, 11:10:38 PM »

That is the buzz. I am seeking advice. Smiley I just think maybe I have something to contribute after all these years on the mortal coil, that might be of value and interest to our community. It is not partisan at all.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1619 on: May 10, 2008, 11:17:47 PM »

That is the buzz. I am seeking advice. Smiley I just think maybe I have something to contribute after all these years on the mortal coil, that might be of value and interest to our community. It is not partisan at all.

I do understand. But you'll need the JCP endorsement. You'll get that if I'm your only opponent. If the circumstances were different, I'd drop out and let you have a go. But not this time. Not after I almost did the impossible 3 months ago.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #1620 on: May 10, 2008, 11:39:24 PM »

I do understand. But you'll need the JCP endorsement. You'll get that if I'm your only opponent. If the circumstances were different, I'd drop out and let you have a go. But not this time. Not after I almost did the impossible 3 months ago.
but then you decided to be arrogant and blew it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1621 on: May 10, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

"Arrogance" (which I won't deny existed) had nothing to do with it. The machine just manufactured the votes it needed. How else do you explain people like Rob coming out to vote?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #1622 on: May 11, 2008, 12:22:27 AM »

I was going to go to bed, but reading this thread made me giggle and now I'm not sleepy anymore. Damnit.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix

« Reply #1623 on: May 11, 2008, 12:24:48 AM »

"Arrogance" (which I won't deny existed) had nothing to do with it. The machine just manufactured the votes it needed. How else do you explain people like Rob coming out to vote?
maybe the arrogance incited the JCP GOTV or whatever you want to call it.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #1624 on: May 11, 2008, 01:03:34 AM »

maybe the arrogance incited the JCP GOTV or whatever you want to call it.

Ha! That's a funny idea.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 319  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies