New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:42:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039701 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »

Hi, Torie. I'm the only anti-JCP voter in the Pacific. Glad to see you've joined the cause. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2008, 11:05:52 PM »

Hi, Torie. I'm the only anti-JCP voter in the Pacific. Glad to see you've joined the cause. Wink

It appears to be quixotic, but I offer myself up as I am. Let others judge me. I hope it won't be a party line thing. We know each other well enough to judge each as individuals - the good, the bad, and the ugly -  I would hope. Good luck to you!

We happen to be running against each other, actually. And in the Pacific, everything is party-line, unfortunately. The JCP controls the region now, but before that it was John Ford and WildCard.

In a word? You have no chance. CultureKing learned that when he tried to run against the machine, so he switched parties. In less than a week, he became a Senator.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2008, 11:17:47 PM »

That is the buzz. I am seeking advice. Smiley I just think maybe I have something to contribute after all these years on the mortal coil, that might be of value and interest to our community. It is not partisan at all.

I do understand. But you'll need the JCP endorsement. You'll get that if I'm your only opponent. If the circumstances were different, I'd drop out and let you have a go. But not this time. Not after I almost did the impossible 3 months ago.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

That is the buzz. I am seeking advice. Smiley I just think maybe I have something to contribute after all these years on the mortal coil, that might be of value and interest to our community. It is not partisan at all.

I do understand. But you'll need the JCP endorsement. You'll get that if I'm your only opponent. If the circumstances were different, I'd drop out and let you have a go. But not this time. Not after I almost did the impossible 3 months ago.
but then you decided to be arrogant and blew it.

"Arrogance" (which I won't deny existed) had nothing to do with it. The machine just manufactured the votes it needed. How else do you explain people like Rob coming out to vote?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2008, 01:03:34 AM »

"Arrogance" (which I won't deny existed) had nothing to do with it. The machine just manufactured the votes it needed. How else do you explain people like Rob coming out to vote?
maybe the arrogance incited the JCP GOTV or whatever you want to call it.

Ha! That's a funny idea.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2008, 01:31:09 AM »

maybe the arrogance incited the JCP GOTV or whatever you want to call it.

Ha! That's a funny idea.

Xahar I am definately going to have to agree with Sensei on this one.

They did it because they thought I was arrogant? No! They did it because I was a threat. I can't see how that isn't patently obvious.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2008, 06:58:43 PM »

I don't care. I've already used you. You no longer serve me any good.

Oh, and BTW, if your running mate goes ahead and runs with you anyway, I'll use the authority I don't wield as Vice-Chairman to expel him from the party.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2008, 12:08:56 PM »

Aren't you always complaining about the JCP's lack of integrity, or something?  Get lost.

You really don't understand sarcasm, do you?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2008, 12:20:31 AM »

Aren't you always complaining about the JCP's lack of integrity, or something?  Get lost.

You really don't understand sarcasm, do you?

I doubt anyone could parse your miserable attempts at humor even if they had the motivation to do so.

Excellent.

My favorite thing about you, Xahar, is the inevitable private embarrassment you will suffer when you read your posts as a 12 year old several years from now.  e.g. your claims of 'perfect spelling and grammar',

Huh

your disastrous sense of what exactly makes something funny, etc.

And I know you'll derive intense innate satisfaction from the fact that you used your valuable time to harass 13-year-olds on the internets.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2008, 12:37:30 AM »

Smiley
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 01:13:14 AM »

Plays "Taps" for the PLP.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »

Taps should have been played the second the "annoying 13 year old" wing of the party was created.

The myth that I had any actual control over the party took hold so much as to become reality, didn't it?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2008, 01:07:03 PM »

Taps should have been played the second the "annoying 13 year old" wing of the party was created.

The myth that I had any actual control over the party took hold so much as to become reality, didn't it?
It wasn't control of the party that did it, it was the damage to the reputation of the party done by yourself and, to a lesser extent, benconstine, and several people can back me up on this.

What damage did I do to the PLP?
siding with Xahar, thus giving him more influence.

More influence? Ha. What was I? Vice-Chairman? You held the real power, up until the end. Sure, the perception I encouraged of myself didn't help, but you killed the PLP in the end when you resigned and created a power vacuum. SoS played a part by leaving shortly after arriving, of course.

Not that any of this matters, though. The strange alliance of the center and a regionalist faction of the left has run Atlasia for some time now, and it'll continue to do so, depite a split in its ranks last election. There's nothing the rest of us can do.

When do you plan to make a new party? Earl'll be happy to kill the PLP at long last (I won't mind myself). It's quite strange to have both of Atlasia's parties in perpetual coalition and all other ideological groupings nominally independent.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2008, 01:23:32 AM »

It is the opinion of the PLP leadership that the Party should merge with another as soon as a suitable one is created (hint, hint).
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2008, 10:21:44 PM »

I had a really strange hour last night where I was convinced that somehow I had copied and pasted some registration of Lewis's and was now registered in California and thus was no longer Governor of the Midwest and under the purvey of the Pacific.

I have no idea how this thought came to me, but from 5:30 to 6:20 it was just about all I could think about Shocked

Come and join us. Wink
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2008, 01:12:54 PM »

Back to the JCP again?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2008, 01:35:54 PM »

Yeah, that too.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »

Can we get a better name?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 04:30:22 PM »

How about Unity for Hope and Change? Avoids all negative exclusionary connotations that groups have.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »

DownWithTheLeft
Alabama
Atlasian Unity Bloc

So much for ideological coherence, eh?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 11:30:30 AM »

Actually, any party with you in it lacks ideological coherence.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »

Is it too late for me to vote for you in the upcoming special election?

Probably, but does it really matter?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2008, 05:32:47 PM »

Hashemite
Vermont
Bonapartist Party (affiliated with the NLC)

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2008, 12:22:48 PM »

Good! Another Southeasterner!
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2008, 12:29:16 PM »

When did you move, and how is Bono being in the SE good for you?

1. I didn't.
2. The Southeast needs people.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies