New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1039858 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #225 on: February 01, 2012, 07:56:12 AM »

Again, this is what I'm saying. If the Liberal Party is not going to be ideologically consistent in any way with it's original intention, this solves absolutely nothing. The point of dissolution was for people to form their own ideological groups because the big parties had become too bloated and no longer resembled anything consistent. This was also the point of caucuses, to force big parties to faction up their members into ideological groups to encourage that sort of thinking.

If people that legitimately would join a Labor Party aren't joining the Labor Party, or people that would ordinarily join a Conservative Party or a Libertarian Party aren't joining a Conservative Party or a Libertarian Party, we will end up right back in this same position in a year from now, and everyone deserves every bit of boredom they get from assisting this game in repeating it's past errors.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »

Napoleon, my position here is very simple and based on something perfectly logical, and I'll walk you through it:

We were stuck in a two party system because the parties became too big.

Why did they become too big? Because people valued votes over sticking to any sort of ideology. Thus, they grew more and more bloated and inconsistent ideologically.

What was the proposal to solve that problem for? The caucus system, by design, was meant to encourage more ideological thinking. Caucuses were meant to be designed around individual philosophies or individual issues.

However, that doesn't solve the problem entirely, so Bgwah proposes dissolution. Why? Again, the parties were too big. Why were they too big? Again, because they became super-big-tent parties that were ideologically unrecognizable as anything.

So why would dissolution solve that? Because it would create smaller, more numerous parties.

Why would the goal be smaller, more numerous parties? Because parties had stopped prioritizing anything ideological and became giant vote-banks instead of actual parties.

What is the opposite of creating an ideologically consistent party that doesn't have a super big tent approach? The Liberals.

Therefore, I consider you (and the Communitarians) as being fundamentally opposed to how we solve our past mistakes inherently, by your very structure.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2012, 08:29:26 AM »

Do you deny anything I just said? Or are you going to just continue trying to desperately shift this into a personal argument so you can try to cast this aside as "Marokai running around with a hatchet again"? Do you know how old that tactic is and how many people your senior have tried it? The issue remains, and undefended.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #228 on: February 01, 2012, 08:32:37 AM »

I really don't understand what you're getting at, Teddy. Nor do I understand why you seem to sniff out controversy everywhere on this forum and try to insert yourself into it. I have no problem increasing the requirements of people to remain an active voter.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:53 AM »

/grumble grumble
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2012, 03:03:30 AM »

Welcome back, Sewer~
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #231 on: December 31, 2012, 12:11:49 AM »

Let it be known that the RG notes his disdain for the record of this frivolous Midwestern naming convention.

Your disdain only emboldens us. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »

Welcome, though unfortunately, you cannot join until you have been on the forum for 7 days. Please come back then! Cheesy

That is awfully fast recruiting you've got going on.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2013, 04:06:23 PM »

You're welcome to form informal caucuses. But please don't clutter this thread with your caucus affiliations: I do not and will not recognize them as RG.

Well they're no longer law; it's not like you're required to. I would be shocked if you did. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2013, 01:26:28 AM »

Did the Senate pass a law to that effect? Why wasn't I notified?

And, as an aside, if we're going to have an activity requirement that incredibly low, why have one at all?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=147641.msg3175043#msg3175043

The number was chosen because Bgwah thought it would be cute to have 18 posts (= 18 years old) as our requirement. Blame him, and the rest of us, for agreeing. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies