New Register Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:38:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Register Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: New Register Thread  (Read 1051212 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2011, 11:10:24 PM »

I just want to say to the RG that I'd like to cancel my planned move to the Midwest, only temporarily, just so I can decide the precise day I move to the Midwest instead of my forgetful self forgetting exactly when and just appearing there in late August. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #201 on: July 28, 2011, 05:51:45 PM »

Welcome to the game and the region. As for joining the JCP, I'm sure you'll end up handsomely rewarded. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #202 on: August 02, 2011, 10:32:43 PM »

I get called an opportunist for joining the RPP before the election in some sort of evil scheme to get myself elected but apparently it's totally chill for practically all new JCP registration activity to be targeted at the Northeast. Atlasia's most unpopular Senator does need a lot of help, afterall!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: August 02, 2011, 11:09:28 PM »

Your own personal decision to help Napoleon's re-election chances, sure!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #204 on: August 02, 2011, 11:18:25 PM »

I don't need help in my re-election bid, thank you very much. I did defeat you with less JCP members, after all. With that said, please. grow. up.

Mmhm. Keep thinking that status in Atlasia grants you status anywhere else, follower.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #205 on: September 05, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »

Marokai Blue
Regional Protection Party
Confusion (Iowa)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: September 05, 2011, 09:22:01 PM »

I'm happy to be here! Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2011, 02:02:20 AM »

Oh good, you're making it official now.

How the great "progressive" party has fallen.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2011, 06:13:01 PM »

The JCP didn't "actively recruit" anyone, Teddy. Dallasfan and a significant chunk of what remains of the former Populares (and the Populares-like) have been de-facto JCP voters for some time now.

I just hope the desperate left-wingers who scurried back to the JCP rather pitifully don't mind their party having a significant left-libertarian/libertarian faction now. So long and sweet dreams to progressive economics.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »

The JCP didn't "actively recruit" anyone, Teddy. Dallasfan and a significant chunk of what remains of the former Populares (and the Populares-like) have been de-facto JCP voters for some time now.

I just hope the desperate left-wingers who scurried back to the JCP rather pitifully don't mind their party having a significant left-libertarian/libertarian faction now. So long and sweet dreams to progressive economics.

Said a leftist who joined right-wing party for sole purpose of staying politically alive after screwing up UDL experiment royally.

Your moral credit to talk about this is astounding, Marokai.

My party's Presidential nominee is more left-wing than some of your new voters, dude.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2011, 06:20:12 PM »

2 libertarians out of over 40 members is super significant. It is like we aren't even a left wing party anymore. And people who are progressive would be better off in a party that tries to ban medical marijuana.

Roll Eyes

And those people are idiots. If there was a progressive party that cared about reform and didn't have the nasty and shallow streak the Populares carried as their banner, I would join it. It's no wonder your President is practically suicidal from all of you people.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

I would argue that tensions are high lately because this "game" in it's current state is the equivalent of a Monopoly board where one player has hotels on three entire sides of the board leaving the other side perpetually bankrupt, treasuring nothing but Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean. Except this a monopoly game that never ends.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2011, 06:47:15 PM »

I would argue that tensions are high lately because this "game" in it's current state is the equivalent of a Monopoly board where one player has hotels on three entire sides of the board leaving the other side perpetually bankrupt, treasuring nothing but Baltic Avenue and Mediterranean. Except this a monopoly game that never ends.

That's life. There's going to be times when you're the minority. But this is a game for Pete's sake. I know it's not fair, but that's how it goes. When you're playing Monopoly and losing, you can do 1 of 3 things: either say "oh well, that's the game. This guy's really good anyway." or say "Whatever, I quit. You win. Bye."

And that's exactly what's happening to a lot of people. (Hell, I just resigned yesterday. You don't need to tell me that.) The difference is, this isn't a board game. We can't all just walk away and start a new game later. This is the type of game that has to be maintained and kept interesting over time.

Republicans didn't give up when they lost everything and were reduced to 40 Senate seats. They revamped their messaging and priorities to an extent (people here are more informed and not as easily duped). I certainly understand why libertarians would prefer a party that ends unnecessary wars and overturns federal smoking bans to a party that supports those policies, wants to outlaw abortion and medical marijuana and so on and so forth.

This isn't the real world, and we don't have "swing voters." The right has a structural deficit and the left has a committed voting population that will never ever ever ever deviate ever. That sort of state of affairs cannot be changed, at least, not for the immediate future, by "messaging." Hell, if the last at-large Senate election proved anything it's that credentials mean absolutely nothing, since you guys would sooner elect an inanimate object than anyone outside of your clique.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2011, 06:52:24 PM »

I joined this game when Tmthforu RowanBrandon and Ghostwhite were both elected despite my votes. Everything you're saying is nonsense. Your whole party has taken to whining about being sure to lose rather than trying to win. For example, none of your candidates have ever attempted to get my support.

Would you ever vote for an RPP candidate above a JCP candidate? Ever? Be serious now.

And please stop treating me as if I'm some dyed-in-the-wool RPPer. It's not a permanent gig. At least I hope.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

You have credentials. BRTD did not.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2011, 07:07:30 PM »

Again, since Marokai obviously is accusing JCP of running candidates with no credentials without specifying.

You have credentials. BRTD did not.
I honestly don't want to take sides on this (because both sides are being children in all honesty) but I still don't understand how or why BRTD was elected. I don't remember him ever participating in the game before my banning, but my memory occasionally slips on me. So can someone refresh me on how BRTD got elected?

He was a former Senator.

Like, three years ago.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »

I think this is confusing and unnecessary, since Caucuses aren't political parties, but..

I'd like to "formally" register (and join) the Non-Partisan League as an RPP caucus.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: December 31, 2011, 09:25:15 PM »

Barnes
Exhilaration
Silly Party of Atlasia

Meh, I still think the Alþing is cool.  The Midwest FTW!

*hughughug*! Grin Cheesy Grin
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »

I guess I have to pick a place to go at some point, don't I? Alright then. I'll at least join a party with a proper ideology.

Marokai Blue
Confusion (Iowa)
Labor Party

Perhaps I'll start a Reformer or Regionalist caucus at some point once the dust settles. Farewell to the RPP, where I've made many new friends, and where you gave me a home when I didn't have one. I hope the right-wing still views me as a friend! Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »

I guess I have to pick a place to go at some point, don't I? Alright then. I'll at least join a party with a proper ideology.

Marokai Blue
Confusion (Iowa)
Labor Party

Perhaps I'll start a Reformer or Regionalist caucus at some point once the dust settles. Farewell to the RPP, where I've made many new friends, and where you gave me a home when I didn't have one. I hope the right-wing still views me as a friend! Tongue

I do, for one!

Purple heart
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: January 30, 2012, 09:58:56 PM »

After all the time we shared? Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: February 01, 2012, 03:26:05 AM »

This is generally why I don't like the Liberal Party. They know that the term is taken two completely different ways to two completely different types of people, and they use that dual definition to recruit anyone from nearly -6 to +3 econ. How does someone with that score decide to join a social liberal/econ centrist group? Ugh, whatever.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: February 01, 2012, 03:34:01 AM »

You have a rather inflated sense of self importance.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #223 on: February 01, 2012, 03:46:27 AM »

This is generally why I don't like the Liberal Party. They know that the term is taken two completely different ways to two completely different types of people, and they use that dual definition to recruit anyone from nearly -6 to +3 econ. How does someone with that score decide to join a social liberal/econ centrist group? Ugh, whatever.

..what the hell has gotten in to you? no offence, but seriously wtf?

I find something downright deceptive about your party's name, frankly.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: February 01, 2012, 04:10:00 AM »

There's a band of extreme right wingers out there calling themselves "Communitarian" and we are the ones with the deceptive name? Roll Eyes Nice try, Marokai. It'd be nice to see you stop lying through your teeth like this.

Another funny anecdote: the Communitarian Party was equal to the Liberal Party in size when the Liberal Party was "ruining dissolution" by having 13 members. We were "too big" but they weren't.

As you'll see in a few moments, I'm not happy about that either.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies