SENATE BILL: North American Federal Transition Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:13:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: North American Federal Transition Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: North American Federal Transition Act (Passed)  (Read 2394 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« on: November 05, 2019, 02:46:23 AM »

Atlasia and Canada have had a long history together. Pre-reset we had a common market agreement, which has since gone away, and it’s time we bring our bond even closer together. Atlasia has lots of real life Canadians who have been heavily involved, and so long as the government of Canada consents I look forward to this new chapter in history.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »

This establishes a vast increase in land for the Fremont and Lincoln regions.

The South is being left out here and thus I couldn't condone supporting this unless provisions were made to equalize the land allotted.
What would you propose?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 06:11:38 PM »

I'd like to have Poirot's opinion on Quebec's placement.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 08:40:01 PM »

If we're doing Mexico - since there aren't a ton of Mexicans on Atlas - wouldn't it make more sense to divide it into maybe 5 states? Or just 1?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »

on second thought here's my proposal

Baja California (maybe some of the other desert states too) go to Fremont as 1 state.

Mexico City goes to South.

Rest of Mexico goes to South as 1 state.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 02:47:49 AM »

Introducing this amendment on Truman's behalf:

Draft of an amendment:

AN ACT
to establish a federal North America

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives, in Congress assembled:
Section 1 (Title)
i. The title of this Act shall be, the North American Federal Transition Act. It may be cited as “NAFTA.”

Section 2 (Federal North America)
i. The republics of Belize, Costa Rica, Cuba, the Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, the Commonwealth of the Bahamas (The Bahamas), Greenland, Jamaica, the United Mexican States (Mexico), and Canada are admitted to the Union.
ii. Costa Rica; El Salvador; Guatemala; Honduras; Nicaragua; Panama; the Canadian provinces of Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan and the territories of Nunavut, the Northwest Territories, and Yukon; as well as the reorganized Mexican states of Sonora (comprising the current states Baja California, Baja California Sur, Chihuahua, Durango, Jalisco, Nayarit, Sinaloa and Sonora), Mexico City (comprising the current states of Chiapas, Mexico City, Guerrero, Morelos, Oaxaca, Puebla and Tlaxcala), and Mexico (comprising the current states of Colima, Hidalgo, Estado de México and Michoacán); shall be admitted to the Union as constituent states of the Commonwealth of Frémont.
iii. Greenland and the Canadian provinces New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Quebec shall be admitted to the Union as constituent states of the region of Lincoln.
iv. The Bahamas; Belize; Cuba; the Dominican Republic; Haiti; and Jamaica; as well as the reorganized Mexican states of Nuevo Leon (comprising the current states of Aguascalientes, Coahuila, Guanajuato, Nuevo León, Querétaro, San Luis Potosí, Tamaulipas and Zacatecas) and Yucatan (comprising the current states of Campeche, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, Veracruz and Yucatán); shall be admitted to the Union as constituent states of the Southern Region.

Section 3 (Enactment)
i. This Act shall take effect upon its ratification by the Parliament of Canada each of the aforementioned signatories.

This would incorporate all of North America except the Eastern Carribean, the Caiman Islands, and the Turks and Caicos Islands. The Mexican states are consolidated as above proposed to make life easier for the RG.

24 hours for objections.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 02:48:21 AM »

Objecting to the amendment.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon