S.19.4-3: The Southern Environmental Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:37:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-3: The Southern Environmental Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: S.19.4-3: The Southern Environmental Act (Statute)  (Read 1731 times)
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 04:11:59 PM »

[ x ] Aye
[   ] Nay
[   ] Abstain
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2019, 05:18:03 PM »

[   ] Aye
[ x ] Nay
[   ] Abstain
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2019, 07:11:40 PM »

Aye
PragmaticPopulist
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -5.57

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »

Aye
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2019, 04:29:01 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2019, 03:57:51 AM by Southern Speaker Muaddib »

Voting in Closed

S.19.4-3: The Southern Environmental Act passes.

Vote Tally S.19.4-3
[ 3 ] Aye
[ 1 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain
[ 1 ] Absent  (TimTurner)

The Bill now awaits the governors Signature:
Quote from: The Southern Environmental Act (The SEA Act)
- Whereas human activity has a major impact on climate change.
- Whereas increasing global temperatures will lead to severe environmental deterioration, habitat destruction for animals, and a decrease in the quality of life for humans in coastal areas.
- Whereas non-renewables such as plastics emit harmful gases into the atmosphere upon burning.
- Whereas considerable amounts of recyclables are burned, end up in landfills, or are sent to other countries to the same effect.

Be it resolved that:

Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting recycling.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Environmental Quality or equivalent.
Section III) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on December 1, 2019.

Article II
Section I) The Southern region shall not dispose of recyclable material by means of burning, disposal in landfills, or shipment to other regions or countries for the purpose of burning or disposal in landfills.
Section II) Article II shall take effect on January 1, 2020.

Article III
Section I) The government of the Southern region shall end public contracts with corporations that continue to use plastic (including styrofoam) disposables, among them plastic cups, plastic bowls, plastic plates, styrofoam boxes, styrofoam trays, styrofoam containers, and plastic utensils.
Section II) Section I of Article III shall expressly exclude plastic straws from this legislation.
Section II) Article III shall take effect on May 1, 2020.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »

Voting in Closed

S.19.4-3: The Southern Environmental Act passes.

Vote Tally S.19.4-3
[ 3 ] Aye
[ 1 ] Nay
[ 0 ] Abstain
[ 1 ] Absent  (TimTurner)

The Bill now awaits the governors Signature:
Quote from: The Southern Environmental Act (The SEA Act)
- Whereas human activity has a major impact on climate change.
- Whereas increasing global temperatures will lead to severe environmental deterioration, habitat destruction for animals, and a decrease in the quality of life for humans in coastal areas.
- Whereas non-renewables such as plastics emit harmful gases into the atmosphere upon burning.
- Whereas considerable amounts of recyclables are burned, end up in landfills, or are sent to other countries to the same effect.

Be it resolved that:

Article I
Section I) One million dollars shall be dispensed to the states of the Southern region, according to the population of each, for the creation and broadcast of advertisements promoting recycling.
Section II) The funds for this program shall be allocated to each Southern state’s Department of Environmental Quality or equivalent.
Section III) The method of advertisement shall include but shall not be limited to television advertisements, billboard advertisements, radio advertisements, and so on.
Section IV) Upon the exhaustion of the aforementioned funds, Article I shall be null and void unless a law is passed renewing the fund in the same or a different amount.
Section V) Article I shall take effect, with funds dispensed to the states, on December 1, 2019.

Article II
Section I) The Southern region shall not dispose of recyclable material by means of burning, disposal in landfills, or shipment to other regions or countries for the purpose of burning or disposal in landfills.
Section II) Article II shall take effect on January 1, 2020.

Article III
Section I) The government of the Southern region shall end public contracts with corporations that continue to use plastic (including styrofoam) disposables, among them plastic cups, plastic bowls, plastic plates, styrofoam boxes, styrofoam trays, styrofoam containers, and plastic utensils.
Section II) Section I of Article III shall expressly exclude plastic straws from this legislation.
Section II) Article III shall take effect on May 1, 2020.

X Governor Leinad
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies