How will Beshear do in Elliot County?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 03:01:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How will Beshear do in Elliot County?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: How will Beshear do in Elliot County?  (Read 7183 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2019, 04:12:46 PM »

The most important County for Beshear tomorrow will be Jefferson County. He needs to win that 58-42 or something like that to have a chance maybe even higher.

He needs to get 65%+ to have a chance. He'll probably get >60%, but not the 65-67% that he needs.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2019, 04:14:01 PM »

The most important County for Beshear tomorrow will be Jefferson County. He needs to win that 58-42 or something like that to have a chance maybe even higher.

Beshear almost certainly needs to cross 60% in JeffCo to offset the rurals bleeding even further to the GOP
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2019, 05:39:40 PM »

Elliot only cast 1200 votes in 2015, they cast about 2100 in the primary this year because Rocky was on the ballot.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2019, 06:12:29 PM »

He needs to get 65%+ to have a chance. He'll probably get >60%, but not the 65-67% that he needs.

He probably needs 70%+ to even get within single digits statewide. KY is more rural than TN, and Bredesen getting 70% in Nashville was only enough to get to 43% of the state vote.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2019, 06:14:35 PM »

Uh he definetely needs to win it higher considering Clinton won Jefferson by 14.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2019, 06:18:40 PM »

Uh he definetely needs to win it higher considering Clinton won Jefferson by 14.

Jefferson should be 70-30 or better for Beshear, with respectable turnout, to be on track for a win.
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2019, 06:24:45 PM »

I do not know about them but I am far more concerned with the Democratic margins in Jefferson and Fayette and how large Democrats can win Franklin County. Plus let's not forget the Cincinnati suburbs.

How Elliott County itself votes will barely have an impact of the election. My main concern is if we could reduce the margin in the rural areas rather than how a single puny county will vote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »

The first precinct in beautiful Elliot County is in — 72-27 BESHEAR.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2019, 06:07:05 PM »

I accept all blame  if it flips, but Elliot looks to be making some  of the  prediction here look LOL tier.

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2019, 06:14:18 PM »

Ahahhahahahhahahhahaha
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2019, 06:16:52 PM »

Well sh&^, I guess that means Politician is gonna be the insufferable one instead of IceSpear.
Gone to Carolina
SaltGiver
Rookie
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2019, 06:17:01 PM »

Tfw everyone here (including me) is about to get humiliated.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2019, 06:20:12 PM »

Another #bold prediction I have for KY-GOV is that Bevin wins Elliott, as well as every county except Jefferson, Franklin, and Fayette. He'll certainly do worse than Conway there.

As I've noted previously, Hal Rogers won Elliott County by 8% last year, the first time ever in a competitive race that he had carried it. And given the rural trends that we are seeing, I doubt that Beshear will be able to hold it. Yes, Jim Gray won it by 12% in 2016 while Trump was carrying it by 44% at the same time, but the trends had not played out in full force then, nor had the polarizing effects of Trump's first few years in office. Elliott County is abandoning the Democrats even more rapidly than Vermont abandoned the Republicans, to give a parallel (and in some ways, Vermont has not abandoned them fully, given that it currently has a Republican Governor, however much of a RINO he may be).

I’d wager Elliot votes in line with the state roughly, so high single digits Republican win or something about there.

Probably on the wrong side of a plurality to actually win the county.

I genuinely think Elliot County will vote to the right of the state at large. I'm thinking it will by 5-10%.

He will lose it, but by less than Clinton seems the safe answer here.

Loses statewide by 5 and Elliott by low double digits.

Have to give the edge in Elliott to Bevin.
DaWN
United Kingdom

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2019, 06:50:31 PM by DaWN »

Well sh&^, I guess that means Politician is gonna be the insufferable one instead of IceSpear.

He'd be insufferable but on the plus side it'd be fun to watch the R hacks squirm around explaining it so it evens out.

It's still early in the night though.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2019, 06:24:59 PM »

Elliot has too blue a base to not vote dem when the state is reasonably competitive. But her once blue neighbors? Yeah, the east is red.

If Beshear wins,he will need something like this map, probably with more coming from the Cincinnati suburbs.

Beshear is currently winning 59% of the vote in Bath County, by the way...
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2019, 06:31:06 PM »

Tfw everyone here (including me) is about to get humiliated.

Unless you've lost your life savings on PredictIt, I really don't see the point in getting that worked up.

Another #bold prediction I have for KY-GOV is that Bevin wins Elliott, as well as every county except Jefferson, Franklin, and Fayette. He'll certainly do worse than Conway there.

As I've noted previously, Hal Rogers won Elliott County by 8% last year, the first time ever in a competitive race that he had carried it. And given the rural trends that we are seeing, I doubt that Beshear will be able to hold it. Yes, Jim Gray won it by 12% in 2016 while Trump was carrying it by 44% at the same time, but the trends had not played out in full force then, nor had the polarizing effects of Trump's first few years in office. Elliott County is abandoning the Democrats even more rapidly than Vermont abandoned the Republicans, to give a parallel (and in some ways, Vermont has not abandoned them fully, given that it currently has a Republican Governor, however much of a RINO he may be).

I’d wager Elliot votes in line with the state roughly, so high single digits Republican win or something about there.

Probably on the wrong side of a plurality to actually win the county.

I genuinely think Elliot County will vote to the right of the state at large. I'm thinking it will by 5-10%.

He will lose it, but by less than Clinton seems the safe answer here.

Loses statewide by 5 and Elliott by low double digits.

Have to give the edge in Elliott to Bevin.

In fairness, there're still 6 other precincts left.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2019, 06:34:11 PM »

This is beautiful. Atlas wrong all over again lmao
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2019, 06:36:20 PM »

And in a good way! I'm glad to see that Elliott is actually going for Beshear.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2019, 06:37:31 PM »

And in a good way! I'm glad to see that Elliott is actually going for Beshear.

Always thought this county was safe for Beshear, but even I couldn’t have guessed it would be this solid.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2019, 06:39:09 PM »

Literally 1 precinct is in, with less than 200 votes...
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2019, 06:45:09 PM »

This is a small, rather homogeneous county. Sure it's one precinct, but the rest will be somewhat similar.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2019, 06:45:40 PM »

This is true. We could still see this race going the trajectory of the Bishop-McCready race back in September, with Bevin regaining the lead and ultimately winning by a narrow margin. But I'm still not certain of it, given how early this is.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2019, 06:55:57 PM »

This is true. We could still see this race going the trajectory of the Bishop-McCready race back in September, with Bevin regaining the lead and ultimately winning by a narrow margin. But I'm still not certain of it, given how early this is.

I'll concede that it would take an enormous shift for Bevin to win it at this point, but the eventual margin won't be this lopsided.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #73 on: November 05, 2019, 06:57:30 PM »

I'll concede that it would take an enormous shift for Bevin to win it at this point, but the eventual margin won't be this lopsided.

You are right about that. And Elliott County in particular may not vote Democratic for a long time after this election cycle.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #74 on: November 05, 2019, 07:55:16 PM »

And Beshear has won Elliot county, 59-37.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies