S.19.4-2: LABORER Act (Statute) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:51:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-2: LABORER Act (Statute) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S.19.4-2: LABORER Act (Statute)  (Read 4187 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« on: November 05, 2019, 11:03:09 PM »

West_Mid addresses the concerns pretty well, and I've been eager to sign a bill like this for a while. You guys about ready to send it to my desk? *clicks pen in anticipation* Grin
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 09:11:43 PM »

The left consistently uses that sort of logic with abortions.

"No vagina? You don't get a say!"

Yeah but it's you using the logic now, and you're the only one doing so in this discussion. I try hard to avoid such standpoint-based arguments because they're often pretty dumb, but what's even dumber is pointing at someone like "your side does this!" to...somehow defend you doing that? Pointing and saying "hivemind!!!!" is not a valid argument, y'know?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 08:49:04 PM »

Whereas: “Right-to-work” laws across the South greatly reduce the ability of workers of all creeds from seeking and securing the rights of sufficient pay, a decent working environment, just amounts of vacation time, and sick and parental leave.

As a result: I hereby introduce this legislation to the Chamber of Delegates.

The LABORER’s Act of 2017
Article I — The long title of this bill shall be “The Laborer’s Assurance Bill Offering Registration and Entrance into Regional & Federal Labor Unions Act”. The bill may be referred to as “The LABORER’s Act” or “The LABORER Act”.
Article II — “Right-to-work” laws are hereby defined for the purposes of this legislation to be any law that prohibits contracts requiring union membership as a condition for employment, between unions and employers.
Article III — So called, “right-to-work” laws currently in effect anywhere under Southern jurisdiction are hereby invalidated.
Article IV — No state, locality, or another level of government under the jurisdiction of the Southern Region shall enact a “right-to-work” law.
Article V — The Southern Region shall not enact a “right-to-work” law.
Article VI — Articles I, II, IV, and V shall go into effect immediately after the approval of this legislation. Article III shall go into effect on May 1, 2020.

Voting is closed

S.19.4-2: LABORER Act passes.

Final Vote Tally S.19.4-2:
[ 2 ] Aye
[ 1 ] Nay
[ 1 ] Abstain
[ 1 ] Absent  (PragmaticPopulist)

The bill now awaits the Governors signature

X Governor Leinad

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length