S.19.4-2: LABORER Act (Statute)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  S.19.4-2: LABORER Act (Statute)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: S.19.4-2: LABORER Act (Statute)  (Read 4075 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 06:52:30 AM »

I saw fhtagn has now bought the "Social Security is going broke!" myth.

Also hypocritical that she accuses others of ignoring her points when she just ignored MB's point that she's trying to waste the CoD's time (probably because it is true).

Mr. Vice President, this is an unexpected pleasure we are honored by your presence. Considering the current level of engagement from Delegates of the Southern Chamber it would appear that labor delegates might think there is plenty of time to waste. Delegate West Midlander (Peace) and myself (ACP) are actively engaging in debate and discussion in this 16th session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates. Maybe you could use your position both Party Chair and as Vice President to encourage delegates from your party (Labor) to engage more in the debate and discussion held in this esteemed chamber.

You can rest assured that I am doing my best to ensure that us left-wingers make the most of the opportunity the recent Southern election results provide for us.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:17 AM »

Also hypocritical that she accuses others of ignoring her points when she just ignored MB's point that she's trying to waste the CoD's time (probably because it is true).

I'm a concerned citizen of the South and have every right to express those concerns. That's not wasting time, especially when 2 of your party's delegates aren't debating on something that needs debate.

Last I checked, you are not a Southern citizen. You are just someone who can't handle someone having legitimate issues with bad policy.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2019, 07:04:05 AM »

I'm a concerned citizen of the South and have every right to express those concerns. That's not wasting time, especially when 2 of your party's delegates aren't debating on something that needs debate.

Last I checked, you are not a Southern citizen. You are just someone who can't handle someone having legitimate issues with bad policy.

You've commented on debates in other regions so I don't get why you oppose me commenting here. Anyway, it seems detached from reality to say there isn't debate here. You clearly are consistently trying to bog down legislative productivity when the left wins elections and tries to deliver on what most Atlasians want.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2019, 07:08:19 AM »

You've commented on debates in other regions so I don't get why you oppose me commenting here. Anyway, it seems detached from reality to say there isn't debate here. You clearly are consistently trying to bog down legislative productivity when the left wins elections and tries to deliver on what most Atlasians want.

Pushing back against bad legislation, especially in my own region is important to do, no matter what party is in power. Winning an election doesn't mean bad bills don't deserve criticism from citizens, and it doesn't mean it's okay for said legislation to be pushed without proper discussion. If you can't handle that, no one is making you stay in this game.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 07:17:04 AM »

Mr. Vice President, this is an unexpected pleasure we are honored by your presence. Considering the current level of engagement from Delegates of the Southern Chamber it would appear that labor delegates might think there is plenty of time to waste. Delegate West Midlander (Peace) and myself (ACP) are actively engaging in debate and discussion in this 16th session of the Southern Chamber of Delegates. Maybe you could use your position both Party Chair and as Vice President to encourage delegates from your party (Labor) to engage more in the debate and discussion held in this esteemed chamber.

You can rest assured that I am doing my best to ensure that us left-wingers make the most of the opportunity the recent Southern election results provide for us.

Mr. Vice President, how partisan of you.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »

A politician says something partisan. Shock horror. Who could have possibly predicted this.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2019, 08:13:39 AM »

A politician says something partisan. Shock horror. Who could have possibly predicted this.

One would think that someone who is vice president would at least try to be act as a statesman.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2019, 02:57:59 PM »

One would think that someone who is vice president would at least try to be act as a statesman.

You do realize I'm Chair of the Labor Party?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2019, 02:59:48 PM »

Pushing back against bad legislation, especially in my own region is important to do, no matter what party is in power. Winning an election doesn't mean bad bills don't deserve criticism from citizens, and it doesn't mean it's okay for said legislation to be pushed without proper discussion. If you can't handle that, no one is making you stay in this game.

I have every right to call you out when I disagree with you. Your hatred of those who dare to hold a different view than you is damaging the game.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2019, 05:13:54 PM »

He's acting in his capacity as Chairman of the Labor Party. A very partisan position.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2019, 06:11:54 PM »

So being the Chair of the Labor Party is more important than your role as Vice President?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2019, 06:15:07 PM »

I have every right to call you out when I disagree with you. Your hatred of those who dare to hold a different view than you is damaging the game.

There's nothing damaging about pushing back against bad bills. Debate is important for a healthy game. Sitting back and just letting one side have their way with everything is damaging. You know this, and you just don't care.

There also isn't anyone on this thread that I'd say I hate, but your false assumptions are cute.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2019, 06:19:07 PM »
« Edited: November 15, 2019, 04:22:34 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

So being the Chair of the Labor Party is more important than your role as Vice President?

Are you not able to separate the two? It's a serious question.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2019, 06:24:38 PM »

There's nothing damaging about pushing back against bad bills. Debate is important for a healthy game. Sitting back and just letting one side have their way with everything is damaging. You know this, and you just don't care.

There also isn't anyone on this thread that I'd say I hate, but your false assumptions are cute.

It's a logical assumption given you personally attack everyone who disagrees with you.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2019, 06:32:26 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2019, 06:33:34 AM by Southern Delegate West_Midlander »

Since debate has died down again, I motion for a direct vote of cloture.

Quote from: The Standing Rules of the Southern Chamber of Delegates
When debate on legislation has halted for longer than 24 hours and the legislation has been on the floor for more than 72 hours but no more than 336 hours, any Delegates may motion for cloture. Upon the concurrence of two-thirds of the Chamber of Delegates, the Chamber of Delegates shall end debate.

I motion for a Final Vote.

If there is another objection to a final vote this will be the trigger the vote for cloture.

Edit: If and when there is is an objection. Please quote this post and start voting on the vote for cloture.

A vote should have been called on this, Tim, Muaddib.

EDIT: I meant a vote should have been opened...oops.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2019, 02:45:24 AM »

I am fully aware. Hence my statement. Forgive me for thinking that one would at least try to act as a statesman while serving in as the Vice President of our great country, Chairman Pericles.

A vote should have been called on this, Tim, Muaddib.
I did motion for the vote.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2019, 02:50:54 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2019, 02:56:22 AM by Southern Speaker Muaddib »

As there have been no objections, Final vote on S.19.4-2: LABORER Act, is now open.
Voting will close after 48 hours or when all delegates have voted which ever is comes first.
Sound the Bells (Delegates will be DM'd)

Bill reads as Follows:
Whereas: “Right-to-work” laws across the South greatly reduce the ability of workers of all creeds from seeking and securing the rights of sufficient pay, a decent working environment, just amounts of vacation time, and sick and parental leave.

As a result: I hereby introduce this legislation to the Chamber of Delegates.

The LABORER’s Act of 2017
Article I — The long title of this bill shall be “The Laborer’s Assurance Bill Offering Registration and Entrance into Regional & Federal Labor Unions Act”. The bill may be referred to as “The LABORER’s Act” or “The LABORER Act”.
Article II — “Right-to-work” laws are hereby defined for the purposes of this legislation to be any law that prohibits contracts requiring union membership as a condition for employment, between unions and employers.
Article III — So called, “right-to-work” laws currently in effect anywhere under Southern jurisdiction are hereby invalidated.
Article IV — No state, locality, or another level of government under the jurisdiction of the Southern Region shall enact a “right-to-work” law.
Article V — The Southern Region shall not enact a “right-to-work” law.
Article VI — Articles I, II, IV, and V shall go into effect immediately after the approval of this legislation. Article III shall go into effect on May 1, 2020.
sponsor: WestMidlander

Voting options are:
[   ] Aye
[   ] Nay
[   ] Abstain
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2019, 02:51:04 AM »

I still am extremely confused how me being VP is supposed to forbid me from commenting on politics.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2019, 03:00:48 AM »

I still am extremely confused how me being VP is supposed to forbid me from commenting on politics.
I've not forbidden you on commenting on politics. Perhaps you should reread my actual statements.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2019, 03:11:17 AM »

I've not forbidden you on commenting on politics. Perhaps you should reread my actual statements.

Your statements are extremely stupid no matter how many times I read them, so I'll put my time to better use Smiley
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2019, 04:07:21 AM »

Your statements are extremely stupid no matter how many times I read them, so I'll put my time to better use Smiley
Indeed I can't help you if there is a lack of ability to comprehend subtly, nuance and duty. Maybe they need better English classes in NZ. One where comprehension and subtly are actually taught. Wink

...personally attack everyone who disagrees with you.
Hypocrisy is thy name, Pericles Wink

I'm happy you'll save yourself some time.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2019, 04:20:02 AM »

Indeed I can't help you if there is a lack of ability to comprehend subtly, nuance and duty. Maybe they need better English classes in NZ. One where comprehension and subtly are actually taught. Wink

...personally attack everyone who disagrees with you.
Hypocrisy is thy name, Pericles Wink

I'm happy you'll save yourself some time.

You are not everyone I disagree with, and furthermore I critiqued your posts. If you want to be immune from criticism you shouldn't have joined Atlasia. I don't know you outside of Atlasia and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're a fine person (even if you're Australian Wink ). People who compare my posts to fhtagn's will notice I do my best to be respectful and while I disagree with people sometimes I try to avoid personally attacking them, there seems to be plenty of room for improvement in that area with fhtagn.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2019, 04:30:02 AM »

This thread is hilarious. For most of it you have fhtagn and Pericles arguing like a pack of rabid dogs, then at the end there's a hilariously cordial disagreement between Pericles and Muaddib.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2019, 06:42:25 AM »

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay
[  ] Abstain
reagente
Atlas Politician