Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:44:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards)  (Read 23319 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« on: February 10, 2020, 11:15:40 AM »

Parasite!! Cheesy

If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend doing so.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 11:00:17 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2023, 01:27:44 AM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

EEAAO was an amazing film, one of the best I've ever seen. The sweep was so unbelievably deserved and I'm so happy for Michelle Yeoh.

One of the best Oscar's ever, imo.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2023, 08:50:17 PM »

I love how even his own fans are trashing him in the comments.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 05:49:00 PM »

Ryan Gosling getting an acting nomination and not the woman who literally plays Barbie or the woman who made the damn film (for Best Director) goes completely against the overall subtext of that movie. What an Academy moment.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 09:34:20 AM »

Ryan Gosling getting an acting nomination and not the woman who literally plays Barbie or the woman who made the damn film (for Best Director) goes completely against the overall subtext of that movie. What an Academy moment.

But the forgettable supporting actress got nominated for no reason?

It's not sexism, just typical Oscars weirdness. Doesn't even make sense to call it sexism; it's not like Gosling got nominated over Robbie in the same category, she lost to 5 other women.

Didn’t say it was a sexist move, but it was definitely tone deaf.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 07:14:04 PM »

Woah, three wins in a row for Poor Things.

(I absolutely loved the movie)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 09:35:14 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2024, 09:57:46 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

EMMA STONE WINS!!!

One of the few actresses ever to have been able to clinch a second acting Oscar by the age of 35.

You all really should see Poor Things. It's true that there are quite a few sex scenes, but it's a very beautiful film, nonetheless.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 05:03:21 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2024, 09:01:18 AM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

I turned off Poor Things after the first 30 minutes because it was stupid and embarrassing, so I can't judge Emma Stone's performance fairly, but from what I saw I thought she was kind of bad. Maybe that was just the writing. I'm assuming (or at least hoping) that it got better as it went along.

It does get a lot better after the first 30 minutes, when Bella really starts to develop. But that is my opinion.

For me, the way Stone was able to portray Bella's very subtle cognitive developments throughout the film, from baby to back to being a fully developed woman, is what really won me over. It was a role that could've turned out to be a complete disaster if done wrong, but she did it masterfully and absolutely earned that Oscar.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 05:58:16 PM »

Jimmy's rom-com joke during his opening speech was not so well-received by the German media, in case anyone wants to know.

I hope Hollywood knows that there are many other talented, much funnier, and less douchey comedians they can pick from to host their award shows. It seems like they've been shoving him down our throats for the past three years.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 06:37:06 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2024, 02:13:27 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

Jimmy's rom-com joke during his opening speech was not so well-received by the German media, in case anyone wants to know.

I hope Hollywood knows that there are many other talented, much funnier, and less douchey comedians they can pick from to host their award shows. It seems like they've been shoving him down our throats for the past three years.

The Chris Rock and Will Smith situation scared them. Jimmy Kimmel just feels safer and that's a feeling that the producers want.

Which is understandable, but there are so many talented people in Hollywood who would do a much better job while simultaneously satisfying the producers' criteria for safety (John Mulaney is literally right there).

Maybe he's truly the only person left in the entire industry willing to do it anymore LOL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies