Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:20:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards)  (Read 23326 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: January 13, 2020, 12:11:06 PM »

So who's supposedly the frontrunner for Best Supporting Actor? I suppose that Phoenix, Ronan and Johannsen are for Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Supporting Actress respectively.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »

Also while I wasn't expecting any nominations, but Booksmart was snubbed. It should've at least got Best Original Screenplay and Olivia Wilde for Best Director.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 07:25:41 PM »

Anyone else think talking about and commenting on the nominees without listing them or linking to them is weird?

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 02:45:56 PM »

Yeah this is a movie that I kind of had in mind to see but never got around to...I guess I need to now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 11:31:47 PM »

The Dark Knight was obviously robbed with no Best Picture nomination, but otherwise the fact that the Oscars don't give such noms to superhero movies is totally fine, and definitely true in regards to Marvel movies.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 11:42:52 PM »

Also interestingly the only Best Picture noms I've seen are Barbenheimer and The Holdovers. Although I would've seen Killers of the Flower Moon if it wasn't 3 1/2 hours long.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2024, 09:34:00 AM »

I'm going to throw in a name that will cause a lot of WTF reactions, but Landslide Lyndon gets vastly more hate than he deserves. The reasons are similar to those listed above regarding ferguson, which I also agree with. LL calls right Wingers out on bs, and because they produce so much BS it happens a lot.

Maybe it happens on different threads then usgd or Atlas community and off topic where I spend the vast majority of my time, but I just don't see the supposed plethora of personal attacks he's accused of.
Badger, please explain how this is simply "calling right wingers out on BS" here.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2024, 09:40:03 AM »

Disney can afford the best swag bags in the business, so it's hard to see how Marvel would be at a disadvantage if that were the problem. They already hand out goodies, toys, and pre-screening tickets to YouTube "critics" to generate buzz, and to tremendous success. Could it be that... the Avengers movies are just bad?

You are so obsessed with your Marvel hate-boner that you're unable to get any point I'm trying to make for two pages now.
Take a cold shower and come back.

I'm just trying to get you to carry on the conversation you started. You haven't replied to a single point I've made.

Trying to pass your opinion for fact isn't making a point.
The Avengers movies got great reviews and grossed billions of dollars. That's not what bad movies do.
You don't like them? Fine. There are after all people who think the Godfather and Citizen Kane are crap.
But don't try to argue that your opinion is the right one and everyone else's is wrong. This is just obnoxious and shows what an entitled brat you are.
By this standard Baby Shark is the best song ever recorded.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2024, 10:58:57 AM »

While Robbie and Gerwig were arguably shafted, just resorting to that as "sexism" is a pretty lazy and unproductive take.

The Best Actress category is all women, so it's pretty much impossible to be shafted from it due to sexism.

Gerwig has already been nominated for Best Director (and for a more deserving film too), so there's clearly not some blacklisting of female directors. And she still got a nomination for Best Adapted Screenplay (which she has received previously as well.)
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 04:25:25 PM »

Is nine minutes too long for your attention span?

If the argument is worth making, you should make it yourself. Don't just substitute other people's analysis for your own.

I admit that's a cop-out I haven't seen until now.
Kudos kid for keeping things interesting.

Are you capable of having a conversation with another human being? I've been trying to get you to explain your perspective for two pages of this thread. This does not have to be a hostile interaction if you don't insist on making it one.

I watched the first few minutes of that video, but the guy is only talking about subjectivity of the quality of movies. That's unrelated to what I'm talking about, so I'm asking you again to respond specifically to what I said instead of posting a generic reply video someone else made that doesn't even address the subject of this discussion. Is there a language barrier here I'm not understanding?
See this is why I don't understand the knee-jerk rallying around and defense of LL. Even if you don't care about how one-sided and shallow his political commentary is (most of his new threads and commentary could be accurately replicated by a bot that scrapes liberal formerly Twitter accounts), because you're such a hack you only care about the ideological orientation, he's still extremely unpleasant to deal with when discussing things that aren't even political at all like this, and one of only two posters I've noticed who has a tendency to actually alienate people in those threads who take the same position as him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies