Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:37:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23]
Author Topic: Oppenheimer wins 7 Oscars (Best Picture) (film & awards)  (Read 23277 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: March 11, 2024, 06:37:06 PM »
« edited: March 12, 2024, 02:13:27 PM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

Jimmy's rom-com joke during his opening speech was not so well-received by the German media, in case anyone wants to know.

I hope Hollywood knows that there are many other talented, much funnier, and less douchey comedians they can pick from to host their award shows. It seems like they've been shoving him down our throats for the past three years.

The Chris Rock and Will Smith situation scared them. Jimmy Kimmel just feels safer and that's a feeling that the producers want.

Which is understandable, but there are so many talented people in Hollywood who would do a much better job while simultaneously satisfying the producers' criteria for safety (John Mulaney is literally right there).

Maybe he's truly the only person left in the entire industry willing to do it anymore LOL.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: March 11, 2024, 10:56:10 PM »

I wanted to see Paul Giamatti win Best Actor over Cillian Murphy, but it didn't happen. I also would have preferred Danielle Brooks winning Supporting Actress over Da'Vine Joy Randolph.

The best movie of the year for me was Past Lives, but I knew it had no chance of winning last night.

RANDOM NOTE - Updated the OP and post below it with 2023 stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies