United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:26:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 137606 times)
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 29, 2019, 06:20:01 AM »
« edited: October 29, 2019, 03:35:13 PM by JerryArkansas »

[Labour just confirmed they're voting for it, so it is on.  I'll change the date once it's worked out today.  Could be either the 9th or 12th.

Here is a link to the BBC article. https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-50221856

Edit, since it looks like its set save drama in the lords.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 01:43:39 PM »

More developments in NI: UUP reverse their "stand everywhere" policy, standing down in Belfast North in aid of the DUP's Nigel Dodds, in exchange for the UUP given free reign in Fermanagh and South Tyrone.

SDLP will not stand in three seats - Belfast East (where they will back Naomi Long of Alliance), Belfast North (where they will back Sinn Fein against Nigel Dodds) and North Down (where they back Lady Hermon.

In exchange Sinn Fein will not stand in three Northern Irish seats: in Belfast South (where they will back the SDLP's Claire Hanna), in Belfast East (where they will also back Long) and North Down (also for Hermon).

Is the SDLP favored anywhere?

Belfast South (especially if the UUP stand separate from the DUP) and perhaps Foyle, where their leader is standing (Foyle is an extremely marginal SF/SDLP which is basically Derry - for obvious reasons it is not named after the city it covers).
What do you think Long's chances are in Belfast East? 
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

afleitch, your post reminded me.  Here is a map of MPs not standing or moving seats in the upcoming election.  I'll have a final map on the 14th when nominations close and appeals are done.

Also, I used the party the MP was elected with instead of what they currently hold.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 05:09:50 PM »

That's just the midpoint of the projection too... Tories could be between 311 and 367.

See Dagenham and Rainham is a toss-up there.
And Bolsover as a flip while High Peak is an easy hold.   Hmm
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies