United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:55:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 138180 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« on: December 09, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »

Three more constituency polls, from three varying seats.

How are constituency polls conducted in Britain?

In 2018, I was polled by phone. Since it was a human pollster, I participated. Then she asked about who I was going to vote for in a nearby congressional district (and one in which I had lived - the district moved, not me). I explained I wasn't going to vote for any of the candidates since I couldn't. After a bit of discussion, it was agreed that I would be recorded as "refused to state", which sometimes gets lumped with dunno, not sure, and no opinion.

Or are their voter lists complete with phone numbers? And if phone, how do you get people to respond. My understanding that in the US, response rates are around 10% (lower if mobile phone). With that kind of response, you are going to be having extreme self-selection biases. If 12% of Tory voters respond, and 8% of Labour, you've got a useless poll.

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 07:06:44 AM »
« Edited: December 15, 2019, 07:12:29 AM by jimrtex »

So what are the main agenda items of this newly expanded Conservative majority, that history will remember them for?  

Managed democracy.

And no, unfortunately I'm not even joking.

What does the Workington result mean to you?

Too many people putting "GEEHHDDDBBBRRREEEHHHXXIITTDUUUNNNNNN!!" above their genuine interest. Johnson has read the Trump playbook all too well.
Is your interest in their interest genuine?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies