United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:55:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 138652 times)
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« on: October 29, 2019, 07:36:26 AM »

So.

Tories will start off with the 10 point lead or so. Johnson will start bumbling his way around the country. He’ll find himself on the walkabout in Peterborough/Canterbury/Lincoln/Somesuch Place. A large concerned citizen will then waddle up to him and ask whether he’s ever had to clean up his own mother’s piss. He’ll mumble and stumble on camera which will be all over the news/social media. Labour will then pull even as the Tory vote erodes and Labour consolidates some of the anti-Tory vote.

Result: Labour minority

I wish gambling was legal or possible through this site.

You are out of your mind if you think Labour is winning a minority government.

A hung parliament is the absolute best anyone can hope for.

I’m an American so I don’t have a dog in the fight but if I was a Brit, I’d be a moderate Labour voter (think Blair) but one who supports leave. I think Corbyn is horrific. But then again I think the Tories Brexit deal is awful as well, so it’s a lose lose all around.

I think you’re looking at a result approximately:

Conservative 340
Labour 200
Liberal Democrat 50
Brexit 5
Independent 16
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 08:15:54 AM »

I really hope Farage gets a seat this time. He’ll be tempted to run in a Labour Leave constituency but that’s not the right move. I think he’s got conviction, believes in his cause and unlike his friend Trump - isn’t a fraud
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 09:38:54 AM »

Whoever made the decision to approve the election on Labour is absolutely crazy.

I mean this could approach 97’ or ‘01 in reverse.

Which would make 2024 a tall task, albeit more likely with Corbin gone.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 06:42:21 PM »

I really hope Farage gets a seat this time. He’ll be tempted to run in a Labour Leave constituency but that’s not the right move. I think he’s got conviction, believes in his cause and unlike his friend Trump - isn’t a fraud

Well this didn’t age well.

If the reports are true that he’s even considering only running a handful of candidates in Labour Leave areas and that he himself may not even stand - That’s just pathetic. After all that to just fade away and give up on his cause? Embarrassing
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 04:16:11 PM »

Also if the Conservatives get a substantial majority (350-370) do you think they'll be able to hang on until 2023 or will UK have snap elections again?

2024 would be the date you’re thinking of (Canada and US do 4 years, UK does 5)

If they get a substantial majority and Labour is way behind in the polls then the Conservatives will likely take advantage of that around 2022, but no sooner then that.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 06:55:38 AM »

I’m embarrassed FOR Nigel Farage. He’s literally “leading a party” and not standing in the election.

Pathetic
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 09:27:31 AM »

I know I’ve talked about how predictable this is election is going to be but even so it’s shaping up to be pretty disappointing and by that I mean I expected this election to have a lot of twists and turns and lead to a hung parliament, marginals switching all over the place, 4 way races but it already looks like for political junkies this is going to be a major let down

• Farage isn’t standing, major let down. Farage in the commons at PMQ’s would be terrific entertainment for years to come - no matter who is PM.

• It appears like voters are drifting toward Tories and Labour - meaning the chances of marginals flipping all over and four way races are shrinking.

• It appears as if the Lib Dems aren’t going to win a boatload of seats from remainers on both sides, as it first seemed. It also seems as if BrExit might not win ANY seats which means you won’t see the Tories being forced make serious choices and  to stop riding the self serving fence they’ve been on for three years

Revising my prediction in a big way:

Conservative - 360
Labour - 200
Lib Dem20
SNP - 45
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »

As a political anomaly - a center left person who would be a Anti-Corbyn/Pro-Blair Labour/Leave voter in the UK and one who would have SUPPORTED Farage. I now find him to be a fraud. Not standing AND not contesting the whole nation is weak. How are you going to accomplish “Change Politics for Good” when you only send a message to half the establishment. He could’ve done great things for the UK by putting both the Torres and Labour on notice - instead he chickened out.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 06:23:21 AM »

What a boring election.

But basically everyone has no one to blame but themselves

Labour for not ditching Corbyn

LibDems for a ridiculous policy of defying the will of the people regardless of what they might say in a second referendum

Brexit - for not fighting the Tories nationwide. If they did I think they could actually win a handful of seats. But not fighting a full campaign has definitely discouraged voters and Farage not running was a putrid mistake because most Brexit party voters look up to him a lot and would be more motivated to vote for them knowing they’d be led by Farage in parliament.

Yawn
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 10:22:21 AM »

What a boring election.

But basically everyone has no one to blame but themselves

Labour for not ditching Corbyn

LibDems for a ridiculous policy of defying the will of the people regardless of what they might say in a second referendum

Brexit - for not fighting the Tories nationwide. If they did I think they could actually win a handful of seats. But not fighting a full campaign has definitely discouraged voters and Farage not running was a putrid mistake because most Brexit party voters look up to him a lot and would be more motivated to vote for them knowing they’d be led by Farage in parliament.

Yawn
Labour isn't New Labour anymore.

Yup. And they’re paying the price for it.

New Blair would throttle this Tory party
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies