United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:31:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 139281 times)
LabourJersey
United States

« on: October 29, 2019, 06:14:14 PM »

I really hope Farage gets a seat this time. He’ll be tempted to run in a Labour Leave constituency but that’s not the right move. I think he’s got conviction, believes in his cause and unlike his friend Trump - isn’t a fraud

Dude Nigel Farage is one of the biggest frauds in UK politics.

The man made a small fortune in the City yet claims to be a Common Man who understands the Real British. He's married to a German woman but made his political fortunes around demonizing foreigners and anyone who wasn't just like him and his cronies in UKIP. Getting brexit delivered is second to ensuring his own political fortunes and the attention he gets

He's a shameless far-right hack, just like Trump. He's got no "conviction" aside from believing in himself
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 11:11:21 AM »

I know it's too early to discuss this, but if Corbyn were to resign after the election due to a bad Labour performance, who would be the likely candidates to replace him? I hear names like John McDonnell and Emily Thornberry but I obviously don't know what's the actual sentiment on the ground among Labour members and I'm curious.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 09:11:02 PM »

Lets hope the Tories can finish this time around, and win a majority.

No, austerity is cancerous.

Also, just food for thought. While predictions right now are putting Tories on 350, predictions one week out in 2017 had Tories on 370. Just some stuff for though.

While true, it seems as though the Conservatives have avoided a lot of the bad press that hurt them tremendously in 2017. Not to mention the fact that Corbyn hasn't been getting the sort of beneficial press he had that election too
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 08:45:23 PM »

So now that Boris had ignored the terrible treatment of a sick children, he's trying his best to change the subject in possibly the most cringeworthy way imaginable:

The amount of Tory Sh**posting this election cycle is truly absurd.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 08:36:28 AM »

Yeah, so when Irish reunification happens, is there any chance of Liverpool joining too?

England doesn't deserve them

This reminds me of some hilarious idea that Brexiteers flung around in 2016, suggesting that the answer to the Irish border is get the Republic of Ireland to re-join the UK. The Brexiteers' idea of "enticing" the Irish to re-join was essentially 1) move the UK capital to Liverpool, and 2) build an undersea tunnel from Dublin to Liverpool to ensure "connectivity" or something.

Imagine thinking the Irish would get in on that deal.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies