United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:49:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019 (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: United Kingdom General Elections: December 12th, 2019  (Read 139304 times)
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2019, 08:36:51 AM »

Oooh, equally pretty *and* useful map.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2019, 10:57:25 AM »

Nobody post it here.

I won't, but for the record the fake twitter account it was shared from is called Britain_Erects.

I *definitely* didn't giggle like a 12 year old when I saw that.
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 05:27:52 PM »

Esher and Walton has a 46/44 Tory lead. That's a difference of about 500 votes.

I leafletted 150 houses today. 😊
cp
United Kingdom

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2019, 09:17:21 AM »

Seeing Skinner go down would be a Portillo moment though.

The thing about that was that Portillo was a high profile cabinet minister, widely understood to be on the cusp of launching a leadership bid. He was also thought to be safe enough, that area being very different twenty two years ago (yes we're old) to what it is like today.

Whereas the potential loss of Bolsover has been heavily trailed across the media for months. And, bluntly, while Skinner used to be one of Labour's highest profile backbenchers, on the telly all the time, these days he is not. I suspect that a lot of people would be surprised to find he was still around and still running for election.

But in the end this sort of thing does not matter. Michael Portillo is, I gather, doing fine now. So is Ed Balls.

Agreed. If there's going to be a Portillo moment in this election the likely candidates for it are Dominic Raab, Ian Duncan Smith, or maybe Steve Baker. If a Labour landslide was on the offer Jacob Rees-Mogg might be on that list.

Of course, the ultimate candidate would be Boris Johnson himself. If he lost his seat I think we'd have to rename the whole idea as the 'Boris Moment' or something.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies