Public Office of Leinad, 11th Gov. of the Southern Region (MLK Day!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:35:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Office of Leinad, 11th Gov. of the Southern Region (MLK Day!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Office of Leinad, 11th Gov. of the Southern Region (MLK Day!)  (Read 978 times)
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 25, 2019, 01:51:06 AM »
« edited: January 20, 2020, 11:17:33 PM by Leinad »

Public Office of Governor Leinad
for Statements and Interactions with Southern Citizens

Seal of the South

Important Links

Statements/Speeches
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 09:53:22 AM »

The Atlas itself is your office?
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2019, 12:04:52 AM »

Good catch lol, sometimes I forget to replace my placeholders!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 07:28:06 PM »

Inaugural Address

Friends, colleagues, enemies, those I have never met, today I come to you with a sense of accomplishment. For the third time ever, second post reset, and first in about two years, I am now Governor of the South. I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, as well as everyone who is in the audience today. And to those who aren't in attendance today, I hope you are in a comfortable position at home--good posture is important! And to those who didn't vote for me, well, I am your Governor, too, and I hope not too many of you hate me too much when I'm done.

Let me tell you a story. When I was off lecturing in the UK, for a couple weeks I stayed with a family out in the countryside. Nice house, rolling hills, a flock of sheep--the whole nine yards, or, however you convert the units. I noticed that the gentleman I was staying with, the shepherd, always grabbed on the sheep's wool and whispered questions to them. I asked him why, and he said it was because Jesus warned against wolves in sheep's clothing. I told him it was a parable, and he told me to watch my bloody mouth. I suppose it's good to be careful, regardless.

A couple days later I was thinking about that (my phone battery died). I was thinking about the analogy of wolves and sheep, and how that applies to today's world. Are there people who do the metaphorical equivalent of eating others for their own personal interests, and will present any false front to gain support? Well, there definitely are. And whether we're talking about those who are born with advantages that help them, like a wolf, or those who simply turn into people who tear down others and work hard to limit their right to live a life of their choosing, they are there, and we must stay vigilant. Some people we can work with, give the benefit of the doubt to. But how much benefit should we give to those who inwardly are ravening wolves?

But we must remember that the people, when organized, have an advantage over the forces of greed, hatred, and exclusion. And I will stand for the interests of the people, of all races, religions, sexualities, and gender identities, and I will stand against the forces of greed, hatred, and exclusion.

If you're with me, then as Governor, I'm with you.

Let's get this new era started--for everyone!!!!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 03:55:07 AM »

Appointed an AG!

Quote from: Executive Order 11.001
I hereby appoint Peebs Southern Attorney General.

X Governor Leinad

I could not retain Reagante due to the fact that that's, like, not even legal and it's hilarious how people missed "the letter of the law" nominating the Attorney General, but fortunately I found a good veteran replacement to fill such prestigious [dubious] shoes!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 10:40:06 PM »

Quote from: TIJ Pro Act
Section I: Title and Terms
1.1) This shall be known as the "Transport Industry Jobs Protection Act" or "TIJ-Pro Act"
1.2) Terms
a) Self Driving Vehicle Technology (SDVT), technology that makes a vehicle capable of performing all driving functions under certain conditions or under all conditions.
b) Trucking Industry – Vehicles that fall under the description of Commercial Drivers Licenses (CDLs), Rail Road, and/or water going vehicles used for the transportation of goods.
c) Passenger Transport Industry – Taxis, buses, public transport & mass private transport (anything greater than 6 passengers).
d) Luxury vehicle – Any road vehicle with a selling price, in new condition, of over $50,000.

Section II: Self Driving Vehicle Technology Ban
2.1) SDVT is banned for use for both trucking and passenger transport industries in the Southern Region.
2.2) Any businesses currently using SDVT at the implementation of this bill has a two-month phasing out period.

Section III: Exemptions & Registration Fees
3.1) SDVT is legal for use on one private vehicle.
3.2) Private vehicles using SDVT will pay a SDVT registration fee of $240 annually.
3.3) Luxury vehicles using SDVT will incur a SDVT registration fee of $2,400 annually.

X Governor Leinad

I think this bill works in the current climate of both the economy and technology. There is definitely a lot to be said with regards to the potential for improvement for safety with self-driving technology, but this is more about professional drivers. The impact on workers could be catastrophic should automation take hold in a sector this large, this is a good solution at least for now to be on their side instead of on the side of the companies that will choose profit over people every time.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 05:58:42 PM »

Leinad Moves Back To Governor's Mansion!

Wikimedia Commons

First off, I want to make it clear that I have started off this entry with a picture of an adorable kitten. Now, I may not have much power--even as Governor!--to strike vengeance on a moderator seeing this if they take improper, overreaching action. But keep in mind the known fact that anyone who deletes a picture of a kitten will go to hell. SO COME AND TAKE IT, YOU F@SCIST MOTHER****ERS!!!!!

Anyway, it's nice to be back in Nashville! The Governor's Mansion had an odd smell to it, but a couple cleaning crews and it's back to it's nice, flowery scent! Also I got people to plant flowers, and hired someone to water them all for me. JOB CREATED, B!TCHES!!!!

I've also been spending time doing hard drugs consulting with Respected Policy Experts to craft legislation that will get our government and our region on the right track--for everyone! Some "reform" housekeeping, some "social/cultural" stuff, but mostly it's been a lot of hard drugs Deliberative Policy Discussions about the issues that actually get food on the table for the average Southern citizen. Speaking of food on the table, I also hired a chef to cook a variety of dishes in the Mansion THAT'S ANOTHER JOB CREATED THE RECESSION CAN BITE ME HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

Leinad Reacts!

Bill signed!

Huzzah!

Labor becomes first ever party to reach 100 members!

Absolutely crazy news! Seeing parties even close to 100 is mind-boggling, seeing regions break 100 is absurd, seeing elections basically having twice the turnout as when I ran is nonsensical to me. The game has grown quite a bit, and this is pretty much good for all those involved!

BOOMER RANT ABOUT "HOW ATLASIA WORKS" IN 3...2...1...

Now, no one else should get discouraged. Despite what some hackish analysis will tell you, Labor will not dominate forever. Either the right will come back or will collapse further, leading to a Labor split informing the next party system partially along those fault lines the same way JCP caucuses informed Labor and the Liberals post-dissolution. When I joined the game there was only 1 Fed Senator--who had recently got elected after a couple months no longer in office. Then the Feds grew to dominate. And now, here we are. Nothing lasts forever and if someone tells you otherwise it's a clear indicator they're an ignorant opportunist who has no idea what they're talking about. But my point isn't to make Labor feel sad--quite the opposite! I encourage left-leaning people at all levels of Atlasian government to use this time to actually get things done! Use the advantage while you still can!

Southern Peace Party Delegate West_Midlander Proposes an End to Anti-Union Laws!

Quality bill and I plan to sign it! Lots of bad arguments in there, but the fact there's a vibrant discussion is only a good thing!

Old Polish Man Yells At Cloud

I joke in the headline, but seriously Kalwejt should be brought back as GM. (I mean, unless he doesn't want to.)

Southern Senator MB Pushes Very Good Foreign Policy Bill

It's very good for us to support the rights of people across the globe. Our age-old habit of supporting tyrannical regimes for selfish purposes is a negative action to the rest of the world. Of course we should also avoid getting into unneeded conflicts for the stated purposes of "humanitarian causes," but that's not what MB is trying to do here.

Outside of the Atlasian Government, Basically Nothing is Going On, Apparently

Curious.

The Mailbag!

|                  \ __               __ /                   |
|             __ /     \ __   __ /     \ __              |
|       __ /                 \/                  \ __        |
| __ /                                                  \ __ |
|/                                                              \|
|________________________________|

Quote from: Leonard Tolhenningsworthbottompants
Dear Governor,

How are you able to be so good at everything you do?

Practice. Smiley

Quote from: this guy you knew back when you were 14
Dear Governor,

WHERE'S MY F[redacted]ING MONEY, LEINAD?

You are thinking of Leinad Smith, he was the one you owed money to. (Officially and legally!)

Quote from: Sneaky Stealerton
Dear Governor,

What city were you in when your mom's favorite high school teacher got married?

TALLAHA--oh damn it, now I need to change the security question for my bank account password. If only I wasn't so committed to character and could just backspace this all out...

Don't forget to send me a PM with any mail! You can do it in-character or as yourself, but make sure you leave the name or it'll be an off-color pun! Smiley
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 06:02:26 PM »

^I meant to get that out last week but a couple things came up to push it back. That is the Weekly Guber. Consider it my Gubernatorial blog, a place for "news," opinions, and other Serious Business as I work tirelessly for my constituents. A NEW ERA OF INCREASED AFE ACTIVITY!!!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 06:07:31 PM »

FTFY
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 02:38:59 PM »

*eyeroll*
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 02:45:16 PM »

Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 01:25:18 PM »

Ah, I see Yankee has already started wielding the fascist paternal autocrat flamethrower Tongue

Tbh not deleting the other posts that quote the modded post makes it look funny now.
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2019, 01:35:54 PM »

Ah, I see Yankee has already started wielding the fascist paternal autocrat flamethrower Tongue

Tbh not deleting the other posts that quote the modded post makes it look funny now.

Nothing here was moderated though.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »

Leinad Makes A Building!

Wikimedia Commons

Earlier this week, Governor Leinad--who has held many offices in Atlasia including People's House Representative and apparently President--announced the groundbreaking of a new Leinad-themed museum.

"I think it's a wonderful idea, and I'm really excited to get started making it," said Leinad, speaking to a crowd of what he insists were more people than the pictures implied. "I was simply going to make it a Presidential Library, but I decided that it can't be a 'library,' because I want people to be able to speak loudly there, should they really want to. I thus intend to add exhibits, various sorts of fun activities, perhaps even themed rides! And also a gift shop, as a way to make some mothaf***in money, suckas! a comment on the vapid materialism of modern culture."

When we asked Leinad how he added strikethroughs in his speech, he declined to comment. A majority of the crowd, however, were impressed, although neither had an idea how he did it, either.

Leading up to the announcement, Leinad did some research on architecture, in an attempt to determine how to better design his building.

"First I went up to Virginia," Leinad explained--meaning the state, not the poster. "I went to the Branch House, which is apparently important. It's really damn big, and seems to use some sort of Tudor Revival style to add the impression of importance and aristocracy. To quote the application from the National Register of Historic Places," Leinad trails off while rummaging through his notes, "ah, there it is, it says that 'barons of American industry, finance, and culture, such as Branch, appropriated the traditions of English domestic architecture as a way of asserting a noble lineage for their class.' Honestly the 'analysis' makes itself, doesn't it? Regardless of the specifics, it's an example of how architecture can speak it's own language using the cultural and historical context to make a statement about a building's owner and function in a more tasteful way than simply spelling it out with verbal or spoken language."

Leinad's next stop was in Florida, at a group of buildings on the Florida Southern Campus known as Child of the Sun. "Frank Lloyd Wright's always interested me," Leinad begins. "I was just talking about the language of architecture expressing ideas outward from the residents and usage inside, but Wright's ideas were basically the opposite, trying to use the language of architecture to express the ideas of the world around the building, nature, inward towards it's contents. The vision of all things in perfect harmony is of course lovely, and it's absolutely brilliant to attempt that with architecture. Frank Lloyd Wright was obviously an absolutely crazy person--legit bonkers. Really I don't think it makes much sense to make buildings that reflect the surrounding environment other than 'hey that's kinda cool' points, and the way he defined it sounded like a ridiculous Atlas post. But hey, it is kinda cool!"

Leinad's final stop--not of his life, just this architectural field trip--was in Puerto Rico. "I also went to the Museo de la Arquitectura Ponceña," Leinad began. "Itself it's a Neoclassical building with a color-scheme and general vibe that I rather like. It doesn't look like the sort of Neoclassical architecture you'd find in Nyman, although perhaps spraypaint the Lincoln Memorial pink and it would," Leinad shrugs, genuinely pondering the philosophical consequences of spraypainting the Lincoln Memorial pink. "Anyway, it's interesting to see the architectural history of a specific city, and how it was created both as a blend of culturally-relevant influences and to optimize for the local climate. To sort of add a thematic tie-in, it makes me think of the value architectural language has in evoking the larger community a building is part of, in a similar way that music coming from different music scenes can evoke the sound of the specific regional subgenre, in addition to being influenced by the environment around it, innovation, the ways of doing things in the time it's made, and the specific needs, desires, and personality of whoever made it."

When asked when the Leinad-themed museum will be finished, the Governor responded "whenever I get bored and fill like making a thread loosely themed around remembering old times in Atlasia."

Leinad Reacts!

Governor Leinad Signs TREMENDOUS Bill!

A new dawn of labor rights in the South is upon us! Whether or not you support the continued structure of capitalistic ownership in the South the balance of power is clearly so far towards the owners it cannot be good for anyone--except the owners, who get massively rich at the expense of everyone else. Trying to balance that power in any way possible is a good thing. Unions may have flaws, some overstated or of their time and others perhaps still around, but it's simply a fact that wages go up as union membership does, and facts don't care about your feelings! (I mean most concepts don't "care" about anything now that I think about it...well, the color green is always checking the basketball scores, but outside of that...)

Governor Leinad Signs ALSO TREMENDOUS Bill!

The environment, guys! We saved it! Good thing all of our problems are now solved and we're going to be okay. Smiley

Atlasia Attempts An Adventurous Amendment for Renewed Robust Regional Resources!

Borders! Maps! Regions! States! What do these things have in common? They are words! They mean things! Linguistics! Yay!

Also go vote aye on this amendment (the link is to the Southern booth) [note: yeah I started writing this a couple days ago, sue me] [note: don't actually sue me that would be mean Sad] I don't know what certain people are smoking this is pretty much entirely a good thing. Literally I think whoever's trying to block this either doesn't understand the amendment or is just obstructing because they don't have anything better to do. Keeps 'em off the streets, though, eh?

...and it passed! Nice!

The Mailbag!

|                  \ __               __ /                   |
|             __ /     \ __   __ /     \ __              |
|       __ /                 \/                  \ __        |
| __ /                                                  \ __ |
|/                                                              \|
|________________________________|

Dear Governor Leinad,  I was amused when you stated that " no other presidential candidate has done more for black youth  than  Hillary Clinton."  Most black teens have left their own disadvantaged black neighborhoods, have seen higher paychecks than their parents and have seen greater opportunities in America. However, because of your plan to help people in the lower class you have changed their view of what is possible. Those of us who aspire to achieve the American Dream will work tirelessly to make sure all of those in our community understand that they can obtain a lot more through hard work. I

Hard work is all well and good--often quite important, and honestly sometimes quite rewarding!--but circumstances, you will find, determine most things. For example I am a crazy person but am literally a Governor because I have an Atlas Forum account, while you, an NPC, are having to settle for being simulated with a neural network text generator thing while I "answer" your "questions" in a "weekly" forum post. Atlasia really is just a grand parable made my Dave on the differing fates of certain classes in society, y'know?

Dear Governor Leinad, _________, had you been in my position you would _________ also apply for an Order of Proclamation of a National Emergency. Now is the time for you to apply. First, know that the advice you are receiving on the present President is correct. Your actions today have alienated the people of South Vietnam, cut America's relationship with China, and are really worse than useless. You must communicate your opinion clearly to the people of South Vietnam and express a firm plan to end the violence and end to this war. As I have made it

uuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think me and Vietnam are on okay terms, right? They have some serious (Marxist-Leninism: not even once, kids!) problems but that's kinda what happens when you bomb a country up it's drain pipe and back out again, although I doubt I've commented on these, at least in my capacity as Governor. China's pretty sketch but I don't really dis them as much as...most countries, right? Anyway yes END THE VIOLENCE! END THE WAR! LET'S HAVE A MARCH ON NYMAN TO END THE WAR but first a march on the press because I didn't know there was a war...wait...is this old mail from the 70s? Add "make the mail not as slow" on the list of bills to pass...

Dear Governor Leinad, *********

Thanks for sending our comments.

As a member of the public and a homeowner, it's my constitutional right to access your property, whether you ask for my business or not.

With respect,

Name

Dear Name,

This property is not a public right of way, nor a public easement.

However, our general laws prohibit human intrusion.

So, as a homeowner and a member of the public, I'm entitled to this piece of land and to install a system

Wait, did you just call me a wankertit? I do not want you on my property, Name!

Huh.

That went well. Smiley

Stay tuned in 5-20 days for the next weekly installment of everyone's favorite serial drama/travel show/incompetent absurdist vomit/public service/talent competition and/or deathmatch! LONG LIVE THE SOUTH! LONG LIVE THE PEOPLE! LONG LIVE THE PEACEFUL REVOLUTION! HUZZAH!!!!
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 11:17:09 PM »

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly."

These are the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, and I think it's as important as it has ever been to consider these words. Too many people today think of politics in terms of helping oneself--opposing programs to alleviate poverty because they might raise their taxes, opposing a path for immigrants to seek a better life because they feel it might dilute their own benefits of our society, only caring about foreign wars when their own people are dying--if even then--and trying to exclude lifestyles different from their own to be respected out of a perverse fear of their own lifestyles losing relevance or virtue.

Despite being criticized by more militant activists for his non-violent approach, King was still jailed multiple times for his protests. It turns out wanting freedom and equality, and turning against the people in power, is going to get you in trouble with people who support an unjust status quo.

Fortunately, the Civil Rights movement was able to succeed during his lifetime, and while there is still racial injustice over half a century after his death, his words and actions have been an inspiration to millions if not billions, including myself and I'm sure many of you. I'm not a huge fan of "great man theory" normally, but even I will admit that MLK is a great example of someone actually making a difference and making the world a better place.

Here's to our generation following in his footsteps and making more great strides for equality and freedom! Have a great Martin Luther King Jr. Day, everyone!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies