2019-20 NBA Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:56:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019-20 NBA Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2019-20 NBA Season Thread  (Read 9879 times)
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2020, 11:11:07 AM »

Interesting. So the Blazers (with Nurkic and Collins) definitely still have a chance, though it's an uphill climb, certainly.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2020, 02:41:49 AM »

Why didnt they think of this for March Madness?  I guess this will be the Wrld we live in until there is a vaccine
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2020, 03:08:42 AM »

Why didnt they think of this for March Madness?  I guess this will be the Wrld we live in until there is a vaccine

The NCAA academic year ends June 30, so a hypothetical 68 team March Madness that began in say July would not be feasible.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2020, 03:25:38 AM »

Cant Wait
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2020, 03:26:10 AM »

Interesting. So the Blazers (with Nurkic and Collins) definitely still have a chance, though it's an uphill climb, certainly.

yup its gonna be really exciting
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2020, 12:35:15 PM »

Since my pistons have been eliminated, I am supporting the Mavericks because I have a soft spot for Euros Even with Darko Sad . In the east, then Miami in the East cause my boy Duncan Robinson
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2020, 02:15:35 AM »

Bucks v Lakers finals here we go again. However, this does nothing to help sports world in recovering money from lost merchandizing, sports memorabilia is getting hit hard.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2020, 06:58:37 PM »

The full restart schedule was announced tonight:

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2020, 10:26:56 AM »

The NBA reseeding schedule might be the most anti climactic thing ever. Already, the NBA has the worst regular season in sports, and now we are going to have games that don't count for stats but sort of count for like four mediocre teams that can't win anything anyway. I could never be bored enough to tune into that. NHL insta knock out is going to be incredibly thrilling going up against this. You have to be single mindedly focused on an opponent.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2020, 06:49:11 AM »

The bubble is turning into a disaster, Rondo says he is too injured to play. It was a disaster to begin with, playing without fans and not in their home stadiums. Westbrook now has Covid 19.

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2020, 08:38:39 PM »

Free Woj bro
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2020, 10:38:46 PM »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29536798/sources-tom-thibodeau-finalizing-5-year-deal-coach-new-york-knicks

The Knicks are finalizing a five year deal with former Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Tom Thibodeau.

As a Knicks fan, I don't love this hire. I don't hate it, but I do feel they could have done better than a retread who has been fired by two other teams.

If I were the owner/GM of the Knicks, I would have hired Becky Hammon (she's currently an Assistant Coach for the San Antonio Spurs, and has New York ties, having played for the New York Liberty of the WNBA), Patrick Ewing (former Knicks legend, now coaching at Georgetown), or Shaka Smart (currently the Head Coach at Texas). Of those three, I'd have gone with Ewing, a New York legend, who seems to enjoy coaching (at least if his time at Georgetown is any indication.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29536798/sources-tom-thibodeau-finalizing-5-year-deal-coach-new-york-knicks

The Knicks are finalizing a five year deal with former Chicago Bulls and Minnesota Timberwolves Head Coach Tom Thibodeau.

As a Knicks fan, I don't love this hire. I don't hate it, but I do feel they could have done better than a retread who has been fired by two other teams.

If I were the owner/GM of the Knicks, I would have hired Becky Hammon (she's currently an Assistant Coach for the San Antonio Spurs, and has New York ties, having played for the New York Liberty of the WNBA), Patrick Ewing (former Knicks legend, now coaching at Georgetown), or Shaka Smart (currently the Head Coach at Texas). Of those three, I'd have gone with Ewing, a New York legend, who seems to enjoy coaching (at least if his time at Georgetown is any indication.

Why hire Ewing?  He hasn't exactly set the world on fire as coach at Georgetown. 
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2020, 04:20:42 PM »

Why hire Ewing?  He hasn't exactly set the world on fire as coach at Georgetown. 

Honestly, it's Ewing's strengths as a recruiter that are keeping Georgetown afloat at the moment.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2020, 10:43:55 AM »

Honestly, it's Ewing's strengths as a recruiter that are keeping Georgetown afloat at the moment.

Ewing hasn't been a massive recruiter at Georgetown, his classes have ranked #31 #55 and #41. If we compare this to the former head coach John Thompson III, who had Georgetown ranked at #44 in 2017, #113 in 2016, #28 in 2015. It's not really a big step up in their recruiting ranking between the two, and if we compare that to Michigan head coach and former NBA player Juwan Howard, whose first-class ranked #15, while his predecessor John Beilein had classes ranked at #64 in 2019, #11 in 2018, and #43 in 2017. For the 2021 class we have Michigan at #6 and Georgetown at #49
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »

Ewing hasn't been a massive recruiter at Georgetown, his classes have ranked #31 #55 and #41. If we compare this to the former head coach John Thompson III, who had Georgetown ranked at #44 in 2017, #113 in 2016, #28 in 2015. It's not really a big step up in their recruiting ranking between the two, and if we compare that to Michigan head coach and former NBA player Juwan Howard, whose first-class ranked #15, while his predecessor John Beilein had classes ranked at #64 in 2019, #11 in 2018, and #43 in 2017. For the 2021 class we have Michigan at #6 and Georgetown at #49

It's much easier to sell recruits on Michigan than it is on Georgetown.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2020, 08:13:12 AM »

Snooze fest. Lakers are favored for title but without Rondo, a ligitiment PG, they are gonna be in trouble.  Sports is a snooze fest without fans, that's why all the Patriots opted out of Football due to Covid 19 and Football isnt great without Pat's, that's why Belichick and Edelman are still there.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2020, 08:53:18 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/31/us/nba-magic-national-anthem-trnd/index.html

One brave person
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2020, 06:21:38 PM »

Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2020, 06:27:28 PM »

Is basketball going straight to the playoffs like hockey, or are they finishing the regular season first?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2020, 07:30:19 PM »

Is basketball going straight to the playoffs like hockey, or are they finishing the regular season first?

yes.  they are currently playing an abbreviated regular season (not all teams are there) and then into the playoffs.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2020, 11:06:06 PM »

Tore his ACL the next game.  Not that they are connected.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2020, 11:59:43 PM »

NBA is a complete bore without fans, it's not played outdoors, without fan participation,  its boredom. Also, not any mascot or cheerleaders
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2020, 07:27:44 PM »

NBA is a complete bore without fans, it's not played outdoors, without fan participation,  its boredom. Also, not any mascot or cheerleaders

Mascots and cheerleaders are ridiculous.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies