2019-20 NBA Season Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:13:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2019-20 NBA Season Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2019-20 NBA Season Thread  (Read 9868 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 23, 2019, 09:27:11 PM »

Didn't see one of these, so I guess I'm gonna start one (the season already started). Go Blazers!

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 10:22:25 PM »

Bold Prediction: Blazers win it all

Lakers are extremely overrated: Their Bench is terrible and LeBron is aging and aging fast . This is the classic case of looks good on paper but doesnt work

Rockets are another team that look good on paper but wont work though for different reasons.  I just dont think Westbrook and Harden can coexist with each other and due to that I see the Rockets getting bounced out in round 1

Warriors wont have Klay so they wont be a contender

The East will be going back to being 2nd fiddle to the West.

The Top 3 teams in the West IMO will be the Clippers, Blazers and Nuggets. I think Blazers with Nurk get passed the Nuggets in 6 games and then they upset the Clippers in the real NBA Finals(The WCF)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »

People dismiss the Blazers cause of what happened in the WCF but people forget the following factors .
Jusuf Nurkic a huge part of a our team was injured and his backup Enes Kanter was playing with an inured shoulder in both the WCSF and WCF.

Our best Player Damian Lillard was playing with separated ribs in games 2-4 which is why he was very ineffectual that series. Despite all that 3/4 games were very close. If Lillard was healthy that series easily goes to 6 maybe 7. If the full Blazers team was healthy we win that series.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 11:39:43 PM »

Well that didn't age well. There goes our home opener streak, sigh...
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 12:00:57 AM »

It’s just one game , and we still don’t have Nurk back (While in the playoffs we will) and it will take a few weeks for the team to fully gell .

The Nuggets are also one of the 3 best teams in the West and last season beat us in 3/4 regular season games
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 12:31:37 PM »

Really puzzled about the Bulls coming out of last night. On one hand, this team is SO much more watchable than the Bulls have been in a long time. Lots of reason for optimism.

On the other hand, how in the world do you lose to Charlotte?
DeSantis4Prez
lwp2004
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2019, 08:41:16 PM »

Good to see the Celtics back on track.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 09:26:48 PM »

It’s just one game , and we still don’t have Nurk back (While in the playoffs we will) and it will take a few weeks for the team to fully gell .

The Nuggets are also one of the 3 best teams in the West and last season beat us in 3/4 regular season games
True, but I'm still concerned b/c of Nurk being out. We could definitely get a bad draw in the first round, we'll have trouble against either LA team and maybe even Houston or Utah.

Though I hope we make a trade sometime. We could probably grab someone good (Gallo, LMA, Love) for some expiring salary, and with Nurk back we would be really dangerous.

But if this trade goes through, we'll have a real shot at a championship:
http://tradenba.com/trades/rkEa6XW5r

PG: Lillard, Simons
SG: McCollum, Hood (could also play SF)
SF: Gallo, Hezonja, Little
PF: Aldridge, Collins, Tolliver
C: Nurkic, Labissiere, Gasol

That lineup is stacked, and frankly that trade is very possible (OKC would do it for the pick, and we could probs fork over Nassir and/or a pick to SA in addition, though if Hassan continues to play well it may not be needed). If I were Olshey I would be pushing this hard. It's about damn time to win it all.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 09:36:47 PM »

True, but I'm still concerned b/c of Nurk being out. We could definitely get a bad draw in the first round, we'll have trouble against either LA team and maybe even Houston or Utah.

Though I hope we make a trade sometime. We could probably grab someone good (Gallo, LMA, Love) for some expiring salary, and with Nurk back we would be really dangerous.

That lineup is stacked, and frankly that trade is very possible (OKC would do it for the pick, and we could probs fork over Nassir and/or a pick to SA in addition, though if Hassan continues to play well it may not be needed). If I were Olshey I would be pushing this hard. It's about damn time to win it all.

100% agree our weakness is at PF And this trade would more then solve . If this trade goes through I would say we would be the favorites to win it all as we would have the best functional backcourt in the league (The rockers backcourt is better on paper but not functionally and Klay is out for the year ) and best front court in the league  along with an amazing best bench .

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 10:00:24 PM »

100% agree our weakness is at PF And this trade would more then solve . If this trade goes through I would say we would be the favorites to win it all as we would have the best functional backcourt in the league (The rockers backcourt is better on paper but not functionally and Klay is out for the year ) and best front court in the league  along with an amazing best bench .

Agreed on most points, but mayyyyybeeee not the best bench. Hood, Simons, and Collins could be solid, but the rest of the bench is meh. I'd take the LAC bench with Williams and Harrell over them.

On todays game - ugh, are we actually going to lose to the Kings, I mean, Ant is looking good but CJ's scoreline is crap. Sigh.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2019, 10:18:53 PM »

Agreed on most points, but mayyyyybeeee not the best bench. Hood, Simons, and Collins could be solid, but the rest of the bench is meh. I'd take the LAC bench with Williams and Harrell over them.

On todays game - ugh, are we actually going to lose to the Kings, I mean, Ant is looking good but CJ's scoreline is crap. Sigh.

I think it will take at least 3-4 weeks for this team to gel . It always takes team while to gel when you have 3-4 transactions.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2019, 05:27:07 AM »

Clippers with Kawhi, despite loss to Suns without Paul George have a slight advantage over Lakers to win it all😎
Andrew Yang 2024
Captain Thunder
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -1.39

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2019, 08:52:38 PM »

Cavs! Oh wait, we suck. Let's have a good year.
Clippers over Bucks in 6
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 06:33:29 AM »
« Edited: October 31, 2019, 10:33:15 AM by Cory Booker »

I was a Warriors fan, but the Warriors became soft without KD; as a result, Curry could not even last a mnth and breaks hand. He isnt worth the 200M the paper its written on
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 01:55:21 PM »

Bulls continue to be massively confusing. Unsure how they appear to be playing much better basketball, but at the same time cannot close out games to save their lives.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 04:05:09 AM »

Now, since Brady, who is doing Under Armour with Tom Brady and Cam Newton, Curry can be called the goat, like his friend Brady. For doing a KD move and his team is down by 20. As a result, of no interior present, with absence of KD, which Draymond fails at
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2019, 11:54:30 PM »

How did we lose to a freaking Furkan Korkmaz buzzer beater?

On the bright side, the Warriors are probably going to miss the playoffs now, so one more spot for us!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2019, 01:15:57 AM »

On the bright side, the Warriors are probably going to miss the playoffs now, so one more spot for us!

You don’t need to worry , many teams start out slow then contend :

The 2006 Heat didn’t start out that great yet they won a title , the 2011 Heat didn’t start out good and they went to the finals , the 2015 Cavs didn’t either and they made the finals .

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2019, 09:54:23 AM »

Lakers are favored to win title by betting odds
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2019, 12:38:57 PM »

You don’t need to worry , many teams start out slow then contend :

The 2006 Heat didn’t start out that great yet they won a title , the 2011 Heat didn’t start out good and they went to the finals , the 2015 Cavs didn’t either and they made the finals .

Yeah, yeah, I'm just incredibly frustrated that we could be 5-1 right now if we just got a few more points.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2019, 10:55:19 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/ap-source-carmelo-anthony-return-033617015.html

...and thus it has come to this.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2019, 11:18:06 PM »

How do you spell desperation?

M-E-L-O
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2019, 11:24:04 PM »

With Collins injured , we had to sign some forward . Anyway it’s a non guaranteed contract
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2019, 05:06:09 PM »

Thought about going to the Portland-Pels game tonight for Melo's big debut, but NO has nine guys on the injury report and apparently Lillard isn't going to play, so it's basically an exhibition game at this point.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2019, 10:55:46 PM »

On paper, Melo looked awful.  Live, he was merely bad.  Conversely, on paper, Whiteside looked decent, but live he was awful.  Play the kids and tank.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies