Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:45:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 112

Author Topic: Will white Millennials become more Republican when they're middle aged?  (Read 5800 times)
Brandern
« on: July 16, 2020, 07:26:22 PM »

Only Silents really became more Republican with age, and when you consider their midage was the counterculture, the Vietnam War, the Carter disaster, and then the Reagan credit boom, it's no wonder they became more Republican. They got even more so under Obama for both obvious and forgotten reasons.

GI's stayed about the same except in landslides, Boomers have always been intensely divided between the parties, and Xers have a big split because those who came to age under Reagan and those who did under Clinton.

This. As a "middle" millennial I have now lived through the Bush fiasco in 2004-2008, "American Idiot", afraid of being drafted, the 2008 crash, searching for work for years, having multiple degrees but not really "launching" until 2016, making small bucks, living through the madness of the Trump era, the absolute insanity of the far-right. I have not lost a job/ been furloughed like thousands of my generation as Trump and his North-Koreaesque enablers nod and spout platitudes.

I have an apartment when my parents and grandparents had houses and financial stability. I will inherit large in the future but I am a Democrat for life. I will NEVER vote for the madness of the party of Trump, Neocons, religious wackjobs, privatize the profits and socialize the losses.

I think Millennials are going to be the strongest Democratic faction since the Greatest, who lived through similar shocks, that, surprise, surprise, it took Democrats to fix.
Brandern
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 08:01:56 PM »

Right. The thing people don't get is generations are big.

The oldest boomers fought for integration, listened to folk music, and literally transformed through eh transition from the folk era to the hippy movement to the back to the land, to the counterculture being almost mainstreamed through music and fashion.

The youngest boomers came out of high school with Reagan, the optimism of the 80's. Think Alex P. Keaton. Not a surprise that boomers are 50/50...and have only gotten SLIGHTLY more conservative over time.

Differences are already baked in.
Brandern
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 12:07:26 AM »

Being poor and single means greater loyalty to left as they have no skin in the game to preserve a free market economy.

This makes no sense. What is this supposed to mean?

You're a starving, landless peasant. You going to stand in front of Versailles and defend Marie Antoinette? Not that hard to understand...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies