If Wexit occurs, is admitting AB + SK for PR + DC a politically viable deal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:53:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  If Wexit occurs, is admitting AB + SK for PR + DC a politically viable deal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Wexit occurs, is admitting Alberta and Saskatchewan as states in exchange for admitting Puerto Rico and DC a politically viable deal?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I/O)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I/O)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: If Wexit occurs, is admitting AB + SK for PR + DC a politically viable deal?  (Read 2765 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: November 21, 2019, 12:40:44 AM »

Alberta & Saskatchewan would both vote Republican if they had long traditions of being in the U.S., but if they were cut out and annexed now, both would vote Democratic, if only to protect their healthcare systems. No one in Canada, not even conservatives, would trade their healthcare system for the American one, and "American-style healthcare" is often used as a scare term in Canada.

Isnt healthcare run though at the provincial level , I can bet if a deal was made to make them states they would get to keep that.

Their prescription drug prices would skyrocket.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies