Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:44:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions  (Read 8314 times)
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2019, 06:51:37 PM »

I would comment something here, but it's probably no use. I just want to say people should play this game to have fun and simulate politics. If there are people who only come online to ruin the game for others, the actual Atlasia players should just put those accounts on ignore and live happily ever after! The moderators can sort out any egregious actions themselves.
"The moderators can sort out any egregious actions themselves."
A lot less likely since one of the mods for this board resigned yesterday because of a pack of douchenozzles harassing him.

You don't know what you have until its gone. But to be honest a certain group on this board doesn't want it to be moderated and longed for the old days when nothing much happened TOS wise here.

They went after Lumine because he tried to reign in the excess but he went into a town without a sheriff and basically got lynched.
Well they may just miss him when the new sherrif arrives.(insert evil cackle)

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

...who are we talking about?

TexasGurl as board moderator I would imagine. Unfortunately she is probably just joking.

Hopefully not. I don't see her getting bothered or pushed around by anyone.

Oh people go after her already, she just doesn’t give a f**k.
Yellowhammer
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2019, 08:02:21 PM »

PiT and Yellowhammer are very very sad individuals.
What are you referencing? I only had like ~10 posts in that entire transcript and none of them seem that controversial to me.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #102 on: October 23, 2019, 08:22:10 PM »

What are you referencing? I only had like ~10 posts in that entire transcript and none of them seem that controversial to me.

Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #103 on: October 23, 2019, 08:28:09 PM »

Exactly. Not controversial.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2019, 08:28:35 PM »

I thought you would've known stuff like that isn't controversial to YH
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: October 23, 2019, 08:39:32 PM »

Exactly. Not controversial.

Please elaborate!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2019, 08:42:01 PM »

I'm genuinely curious, do some of you on the left not work full time jobs, go to school, or do anything outside of Atlas/Discord? Because this level of obsession with a discord server is truly very concerning.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2019, 09:06:11 PM »

I'm genuinely curious, do some of you on the left not work full time jobs, go to school, or do anything outside of Atlas/Discord? Because this level of obsession with a discord server is truly very concerning.
How can you of all people lecture anyone on that??
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2019, 09:07:42 PM »

What a gross set of sentiments sent in that screenshot President Griffin posted. It's a shame that we live in a society (no joke intended) where such hateful, reactionary views are tolerated in public spaces. People have been saying "vibe check" lately and honestly–people need to stop being so negative about other individuals who were born different from them. I've tried not to give these wackos the attention they so desperately seek but…jeez! Sometimes, decent people need to stand up and make it clear we don't accept that!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »
« Edited: October 23, 2019, 09:22:28 PM by The C Word »

How can you of all people lecture anyone on that??
Unlike the people obsessing over a discord server, I have a life outside of Atlas/Discord.  I'm also not obsessively trying to creep on other servers I'm not on for "gotcha"s against people over a forum game, which certain folks are clearly doing because they have nothing better to do with their lives.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2019, 09:37:38 PM »

For all that "winning" we've been seeing lately IRL, this chat reads like the lyrics to an early 2000s emo song.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2019, 09:41:55 PM »

CEO Mindset
penttilinkolafan
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »

What a gross set of sentiments sent in that screenshot President Griffin posted. It's a shame that we live in a society (no joke intended) where such hateful, reactionary views are tolerated in public spaces. People have been saying "vibe check" lately and honestly–people need to stop being so negative about other individuals who were born different from them. I've tried not to give these wackos the attention they so desperately seek but…jeez! Sometimes, decent people need to stand up and make it clear we don't accept that!
Why are you referencing altright memes? Aren't you aware about "we live in a society" being a reference to the joker movie?? You do realize nazis and incels like that movie, right?

It's truly sad that respectable parts of the culture like superhero movies are hijacked by those pushing hate speech. Sad
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #113 on: October 23, 2019, 10:01:28 PM »

Not clear on how having private conversations leaked to the public against one's will counts as "desperately seeking attention," but ok.
And I'll have everyone know that what initiated what I was saying about "hating the Left" in that screencap was something that happened to me irl. It wasn't directly tied to Atlas. I was audience to a disturbing and stomach-turning "conversation" amongst a group of leftists yesterday.
diptheriadan

« Reply #114 on: October 23, 2019, 10:07:48 PM »

Not clear on how having private conversations leaked to the public against one's will counts as "desperately seeking attention," but ok.
And I'll have everyone know that what initiated what I was saying about "hating the Left" in that screencap was something that happened to me irl. It wasn't directly tied to Atlas. I was audience to a disturbing and stomach-turning "conversation" amongst a group of leftists yesterday.

Oh please do tell.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2019, 10:08:08 PM »

Why are you referencing altright memes? Aren't you aware about "we live in a society" being a reference to the joker movie?? You do realize nazis and incels like that movie, right?

It's truly sad that respectable parts of the culture like superhero movies are hijacked by those pushing hate speech. Sad
who are you
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #116 on: October 23, 2019, 10:18:37 PM »

Looks like another import into Atlasia of personal views, politics and society done outside Atlasia.
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #117 on: October 23, 2019, 10:28:04 PM »

Bottom text
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2019, 10:34:39 PM »

There's an alternate universe out there where Jason Alexander played the Joker, and I am so sad that it's not this one.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2019, 01:03:38 AM »

That moment when all those dire warnings about discord are proven true and you realize nobody cared then and nobody cares now.

Internet Chat mediums bring out the worst in people when they are exclusive. It is why #Atlasforum became a cesspool in 2013-2015. They also take on a life of their own and that is why we have record populations and yet few candidates for office.

Is that all that is going on here? Of course not. But there were many people who got sucked into dissolution of Atlasia simply because they were part of the clique and they bought into their distorted vision of reality and/or believed the ring leader when it came to all things Atlasia. And while we are on that subject, if any such beast arises from Discord, like it did from Mibbit, that seeks to dissolve/destroy this game, I don't care whether it is on the left or the right. I will torch it and chisel the perpetrator's names into granite with all the the other disgraced traitors.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #120 on: October 24, 2019, 01:18:27 AM »

Lol imagine opposing same-sex marriage in 2019.

Isn’t this a case of pot and kettle?

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2019, 01:34:40 AM »

Lol imagine opposing same-sex marriage in 2019.

Isn’t this a case of pot and kettle?

IIRC PIT does oppose same sex marriage but opposing Obergfell =! opposing gay marriage. MarkD on our forum supports gay marriage and opposes Obergfell.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2019, 02:07:34 AM »

My point was that "this is a pretty standard view as far as society is concerned" is a horrible defense for anything.

Also I don't think you can make a sound argument that literally refusing to recognize trans people as the gender they identify as is anything other than "transphobia," regardless of what the polls say. Even if you say it's not technically "transphobia" it's a clearly bigoted (in other words, bad!) position to take.

And fhtagn, stop pretending that you are more rational than me because you don't care about bigotry. That's not reason, that's sociopathy. Being rational and emotional are not mutually exclusive--in fact, it's arguably irrational to not be angry at bigotry and those who defend it!

You have yet to use reason to back your stance at all. Every single response you have posted has been driven my emotion, and only emotion. Which is fine if that's the only way you want to operate, just be honest about it.

All you have done here is claim that anyone who doesn't view things the way you do is transphobic and bigoted.

As I have suggested (and maybe even said in some way) on another thread, someone having a traditional view on gender doesn't mean they want trans people dead or for them to be treated as second class citizens, they simply just don't hold the same views as the mainstream left on that particular issue. It's not even limited to conservatives, as I already laid out. A noticeable portion of independents and even those on the left still hold those views as well.

At this point you are proving the initial point I made that you felt was "off topic". You are literally telling people they must accept your view on gender. That is forcing your views on someone else, which is the very thing you are accusing traditionally-minded people of.

I already addressed all of these points. You clearly don't give a damn what I actually say and will just continue to repeat the same talking points and make the same toxic ad hominem attacks, so I really shouldn't respond, but just to make sure no one tries to push the narrative that I dodged your points (again, anyone who does so is acting in bad faith, but someone who's only half-paying attention could be fooled!) I will go over each paragraph one more time:

1. My points are not driven by emotion, they are driven by my personal moral values; what I consider right and wrong. There is a HUGE difference, and while the right used to claim to be "values voters" I guess they've abandoned that facade and instead mock "values" that aren't theirs. I will continue to say that, while "facts and logic" are good things, if you don't have your views centered around a sense of right and wrong, "facts" become cherry-picking data to fit whatever conclusion is more comfortable to you, and "logic" becomes mental gymnastics to justify said comfortable conclusions.

2. I 100% stand by the literal fact that it is transphobic to insist that a trans woman is a dude or a trans man isn't. The fact you think this is some "far-left SJW position" is kinda absurd, honestly. It's not even a stance, it's a definitional fact--ask around, the most basic example of "transphobia" would be denial/disagreement of one's gender identity. Really, why is this an argument? You are pretending that words don't mean what they mean.

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

4. Let me try again, you're obviously struggling with this:

-me and basically everyone on "the Atlasian left" that I know of are perfectly fine with traditional lifestyles. We do not want to force our views down anyone else's throat.

-social reactionaries literally want to keep gay people from getting married, they want to keep trans people from transitioning, and encourage or sometimes even partake in bullying/ostracization/discrimination towards people who do not fit in their world-view.

Do you understand the difference? I know you won't admit to it even if you do, but I really hope deep down you actually understand the difference.

My enemy is not people who live traditional lifestyles (hell, I'm not a big fan of sleeping around, nor do I drink or do drugs, I identify as male and exclusively present as such, etc.), but instead I don't think that people who have such harsh opposition to people with non-traditional ideas about things like gender should be treated as "oh, just another idea, nice guy, FF Smiley." Let it be noted I would say the same thing if someone genuinely had similar hostile views towards people with traditional western lifestyles (of course prevailing social trends work against that so this is less of a threat, but that's a bit in the weeds).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #123 on: October 24, 2019, 04:22:52 AM »

For all that "winning" we've been seeing lately IRL, this chat reads like the lyrics to an early 2000s emo song.

*ahem*

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #124 on: October 24, 2019, 04:28:37 AM »

At any rate, it's easy to tell we're on Atlas when a conversation about disgusting comments focuses on LGBT judicial rulings and completely skips over the claims that women should be pieces of property for breeding. Very sad!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies