Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 03:02:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: Deeply Disturbing!: Drama, Insults and Invasions  (Read 8673 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2019, 07:59:23 PM »

I would comment something here, but it's probably no use. I just want to say people should play this game to have fun and simulate politics. If there are people who only come online to ruin the game for others, the actual Atlasia players should just put those accounts on ignore and live happily ever after! The moderators can sort out any egregious actions themselves.
"The moderators can sort out any egregious actions themselves."
A lot less likely since one of the mods for this board resigned yesterday because of a pack of douchenozzles harassing him.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2019, 08:12:06 PM »

I would comment something here, but it's probably no use. I just want to say people should play this game to have fun and simulate politics. If there are people who only come online to ruin the game for others, the actual Atlasia players should just put those accounts on ignore and live happily ever after! The moderators can sort out any egregious actions themselves.
A lot less likely since one of the mods for this board resigned yesterday because of a pack of douchenozzles harassing him.

You don't know what you have until its gone. But to be honest a certain group on this board doesn't want it to be moderated and longed for the old days when nothing much happened TOS wise here.

They went after Lumine because he tried to reign in the excess but he went into a town without a sheriff and basically got lynched.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »

Anyway does it matter about PIT? He's just a zombie here.

He's a Supreme Court Justice, of course what he says matters.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »
« Edited: October 22, 2019, 08:43:56 PM by The C Word »

Can you provide any evidence that his ability to do his job has been compromised? If so, please cite specific cases that were brought to the court.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2019, 09:34:12 PM »

Can you provide any evidence that his ability to do his job has been compromised? If so, please cite specific cases that were brought to the court.

I made no opinion on PiT's comments. I merely point out that lfromnj is totally wrong in claiming a Supreme Court justice is just another random zombie.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2019, 09:39:34 PM »

You don't know what you have until its gone. But to be honest a certain group on this board doesn't want it to be moderated and longed for the old days when nothing much happened TOS wise here.

They went after Lumine because he tried to reign in the excess but he went into a town without a sheriff and basically got lynched.
Well they may just miss him when the new sherrif arrives.(insert evil cackle)
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2019, 09:55:23 PM »

It must be said, this teasing is very delicious. Can't wait!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2019, 10:06:44 PM »

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!
diptheriadan

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2019, 10:07:55 PM »

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

...who are we talking about?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2019, 10:09:35 PM »

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

TexasGurl as board moderator I would imagine. Unfortunately she is probably just joking.
diptheriadan

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2019, 10:15:39 PM »

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

TexasGurl as board moderator I would imagine. Unfortunately she is probably just joking.

Hopefully not. I don't see her getting bothered or pushed around by anyone.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2019, 10:20:16 PM »

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

Indeed. It would be beautiful!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2019, 10:26:35 PM »

OH GOD YESSSSS!!!

WE NEED STRONG ENERGY
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2019, 05:05:58 AM »

I don't mind yall leaking me and fhtagn and LT chatting, but its just weird to be obsessed over a whole discord server.

PiT is literally a Supreme Court justice. Of course, being Supreme Court justice in Atlasia is basically like a retirement home but still
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2019, 03:20:13 PM »

It's interesting how Yankee is trying to be a voice of reason in the right and is just being totally ignored.

Honestly I think Yankee might be the only one left who cares about "reason."

People like you certainly don't.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »

It's interesting how Yankee is trying to be a voice of reason in the right and is just being totally ignored.

You've proven to us you don't do the same so what's your point? Tongue
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »

You've proven to us you don't do the same so what's your point? Tongue

I'm one of the more rational posters on this site, tbh.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #92 on: October 23, 2019, 03:49:16 PM »

Just because I don't reach the same conclusions as you doesn't mean I don't use reason lol
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2019, 03:58:29 PM »

Regardless of whether someone has a traditional view of gender or if someone has a different view of gender similar to yours, to say that the former must believe the same thing you do is still forcing your view of gender on someone else, just as you feel their view of gender is being forced on you.

I don't want to force my view on anyone. You can still have a heterosexual marriage and live in a nice house with "a picket fence, two kids, and a dog" and be accepting of people who have a non-traditional (and/or non-"western") conceptualization of gender. Social reactionaries are the ones trying to make it one or the other, no one on "the left" is trying to exclude people who have a traditional western view of gender/family/sexuality/etc. and the narrative that cis straight men are the "new oppressed class" is more an attempt to muddy the waters and make trans/non-binary/non-straight people look like a threat than anything else.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 04:39:51 PM »

Regardless of whether someone has a traditional view of gender or if someone has a different view of gender similar to yours, to say that the former must believe the same thing you do is still forcing your view of gender on someone else, just as you feel their view of gender is being forced on you.
I don't want to force my view on anyone. You can still have a heterosexual marriage and live in a nice house with "a picket fence, two kids, and a dog" and be accepting of people who have a non-traditional (and/or non-"western") conceptualization of gender. Social reactionaries are the ones trying to make it one or the other, no one on "the left" is trying to exclude people who have a traditional western view of gender/family/sexuality/etc. and the narrative that cis straight men are the "new oppressed class" is more an attempt to muddy the waters and make trans/non-binary/non-straight people look like a threat than anything else.

It's worth noting that numbers of independents and those on the left that support traditional views of gender are far from negligible (in fact, there are even leftists in Atlasia that have a more traditional view on gender).

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/10/11/american-views-transgender-people-poll

Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2019, 05:39:30 PM »

I'm imagining now if Atlas was 100 years ago, fhtagn posting an opinion poll on "The Negro Question" and saying it's oppression of those with "traditional views on race" to disagree with those. Tongue

Also I don't think a defense of literal, mask-off, no plausible deniability transphobia is "worth noting," but hey, maybe that's just my opinion!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »

I'm imagining now if Atlas was 100 years ago, fhtagn posting an opinion poll on "The Negro Question" and saying it's oppression of those with "traditional views on race" to disagree with those. Tongue

Also I don't think a defense of literal, mask-off, no plausible deniability transphobia is "worth noting," but hey, maybe that's just my opinion!

People have a wide variety of reasons for having traditional views on gender, and most of them have nothing to do with hating trans individuals.

You don't get to claim you care about reason when you are claiming someone who holds a pretty standard view as far as society is concerned is "transphobic". That's not reason, that is entirely emotion.

Also, 100 years ago, the existence of different races wasn't something that people disagreed on. That is an incredibly flawed argument that has nothing to do with the topic.
Trans Rights Are Human Rights
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2019, 06:12:30 PM »

Maybe I'm just reluctant because I'm white, but I'm not so sure my problems as a trans woman are that similar to those of black people of old.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2019, 06:32:48 PM »

My point was that "this is a pretty standard view as far as society is concerned" is a horrible defense for anything.

Also I don't think you can make a sound argument that literally refusing to recognize trans people as the gender they identify as is anything other than "transphobia," regardless of what the polls say. Even if you say it's not technically "transphobia" it's a clearly bigoted (in other words, bad!) position to take.

And fhtagn, stop pretending that you are more rational than me because you don't care about bigotry. That's not reason, that's sociopathy. Being rational and emotional are not mutually exclusive--in fact, it's arguably irrational to not be angry at bigotry and those who defend it!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2019, 06:46:40 PM »

My point was that "this is a pretty standard view as far as society is concerned" is a horrible defense for anything.

Also I don't think you can make a sound argument that literally refusing to recognize trans people as the gender they identify as is anything other than "transphobia," regardless of what the polls say. Even if you say it's not technically "transphobia" it's a clearly bigoted (in other words, bad!) position to take.

And fhtagn, stop pretending that you are more rational than me because you don't care about bigotry. That's not reason, that's sociopathy. Being rational and emotional are not mutually exclusive--in fact, it's arguably irrational to not be angry at bigotry and those who defend it!

You have yet to use reason to back your stance at all. Every single response you have posted has been driven my emotion, and only emotion. Which is fine if that's the only way you want to operate, just be honest about it.

All you have done here is claim that anyone who doesn't view things the way you do is transphobic and bigoted.

As I have suggested (and maybe even said in some way) on another thread, someone having a traditional view on gender doesn't mean they want trans people dead or for them to be treated as second class citizens, they simply just don't hold the same views as the mainstream left on that particular issue. It's not even limited to conservatives, as I already laid out. A noticeable portion of independents and even those on the left still hold those views as well.

At this point you are proving the initial point I made that you felt was "off topic". You are literally telling people they must accept your view on gender. That is forcing your views on someone else, which is the very thing you are accusing traditionally-minded people of.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies