Bolivia elections - 2019-2020 - Arce Victory (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:00:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Bolivia elections - 2019-2020 - Arce Victory (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bolivia elections - 2019-2020 - Arce Victory  (Read 30834 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: September 17, 2020, 05:19:48 PM »

If Anez wins, the latter.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 05:58:02 PM »

I think Añez will do way better than what the polls say and win.

We got it the first three times you posted it.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:07:19 PM »

I think Añez will do way better than what the polls say and win.

Liek dis if u cri evry tiem

Lmao
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 06:54:39 PM »

The fix is in. Each member of the Electoral Board has a shiny new Tesla in their garage.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 09:02:06 AM »

The number of "liberals" who supported that coup - wallet inspection in its purest form.

Liberals are right wing. That was always my understanding in my whole life. I’m actually more sympathetic to some conservative figures (who are at least honest about their stances) than lots of Brazilian liberals who l always thought were robots or something.

Yep, exactly. That's how I've felt about America too. "Liberals" in America are closer to conservatives than leftists, that's why they had seizures on TV when Bernie won a primary and later thanked the Republicans for nominating Barrett for SCOTUS.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 10:55:31 PM »

Indeed, Creemos is a regionalist (and very right-wing) party. Santa Cruz and its capital, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, is the center of Bolivia's "white" (more like "mestizo but with less indigenous blood", but let's not get into that) culture and unsurprisingly a long-time right-wing stronghold. There is a small but growing movement to give this part of the country more autonomy or, on the fringes, even independence. You can read more about it here: Bolivia: a tale of two countries. Its members are... curious creatures - the most hilariously every-negative-stereotype-about-racist-right-wing-whites moments from that article:

She told me, ‘Santa Cruz is Bolivia’s most modern city. You’ve seen all the condos [the many gated developments]. It’s only natural. In Santa Cruz, we know how to invest our money, we know how to make it grow. Not like the Indians, who bury it in the ground as an offering to their “Pachamama”.’ Her dream was to see President Evo Morales, whom she called ‘that illiterate Indian’, removed.

[snark] Unsurprisingly for people who want to create a Volkstaat, they also have their own knockoff Weerstandsbeweging (presumably a similar clown car of morons like the original thing, for now):

She described an intense few months spent with the committee’s youth section, the Santa Cruz Youth Union (UJC), who call her Tia (auntie) and are ‘prepared to do anything to ensure the triumph of democracy’; members are often sent to prison for acts of violence.

This is not from a Dickens book:

I always tried to make sure that my children didn’t mix with poor people, so that they wouldn’t grow up to be lazy. I wanted them to be surrounded by money and acquire a taste for it. [...] People from the west, like him [Morales], are born hating us. That’s why they held us back. They’ve screwed up our businesses with social rights and welfare and so on.

lolbertarianism.jpg

To them, communism means taxes. Pablo Mendieta Ossio of the Santa Cruz Chamber of Commerce’s Centre for Bolivian Economic Studies, told me that under Morales’s presidency, the people of Santa Cruz were victims of ‘extortion’: ‘The problem wasn’t so much the tax rates — our taxes are very low — as the fact that audits have become more frequent in recent years,which increases the chances of the tax authorities making mistakes, and therefore the likelihood of fines.

Autonomist or separatist movements in areas wealthier than the country as a whole really just cannot ever be trusted. Tale as old as time.

The dude wearing a US Army hat next to Camacho is the icing on that s**t cake.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies