Who wins LA Gov Runoff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:22:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Who wins LA Gov Runoff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who wins LA Gov Runoff?
(D) Edwards (inc)

(R) Rispone

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 99

Author Topic: Who wins LA Gov Runoff  (Read 2827 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »

Uh, Edwards is leading in every nonpartisan poll, folks.

Rispone doesn't have a chance.

Two words: Trump. Rallies.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2019, 07:58:59 AM »

Definitely Rispone:

Trump dives into red-state races to reverse impeachment slump
The president is looking to lift three Republicans enmeshed in tough gubernatorial races despite favorable political terrain.

Though I'll stay conservative, and rate this as toss-up/lean Rispone. 
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2019, 09:11:25 AM »

Definitely Rispone:

The president is looking to lift three Republicans enmeshed in tough gubernatorial races despite favorable political terrain.

Senators Morrissey and Rosendale and Governor Kobach can attest how getting Trump to do a rally for you is always a guaranteed ticket to victory in a red state.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2019, 09:15:10 AM »

I'm starting to have some strong gut feelings that Rispone will win. All in spite of all the conventional metrics that will point to JBE winning, approval rating, state's economy, JBE being the "right kind of Democratic", etc. I'd still be shocked if it's more than 5 points either way.
Basil
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 1.13

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2019, 09:17:36 AM »

The South has been amenable to 'their' type of Democrats in the past. JBE's winning scenario would be to keep turnout low in the vast majority of the state while getting keeping it high in New Orleans and its suburbs. If Trump does hold a few rallies leading up to November, that's not going to be possible. Most of these voters are already loyal to the Republican brand; I don't think there's anything JBE can do to win.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2019, 09:37:10 AM »

And given what we saw in the jungle primary, it is ironic how this pro-life, pro-gun Democrat will end up being saved by Louisiana's urban and suburban areas, and will do poorly in the rurals.
Eh. I doubt that places like Metairie and Kenner in Jefferson Parish, where JBE ran far ahead of Clinton, are bastions of support for gun control or abortion rights. It's a very different dynamic from, say, NoVa.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2019, 02:44:57 PM »

And given what we saw in the jungle primary, it is ironic how this pro-life, pro-gun Democrat will end up being saved by Louisiana's urban and suburban areas, and will do poorly in the rurals.
Eh. I doubt that places like Metairie and Kenner in Jefferson Parish, where JBE ran far ahead of Clinton, are bastions of support for gun control or abortion rights. It's a very different dynamic from, say, NoVa.

You're right, but "pro-life" and "pro-gun" positions, as we have seen, do nothing to elevate Democratic hopes in the rural areas.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2019, 03:26:43 PM »

Definitely Rispone:

Senators Morrissey and Rosendale and Governor Kobach can attest how getting Trump to do a rally for you is always a guaranteed ticket to victory in a red state.

True, but it makes it more likely. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »

JBE, the gap was closing after Rispone got a bump, but JBE and Beshear will win.
Yellowhammer
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2019, 06:44:52 PM »

You're right, but "pro-life" and "pro-gun" positions, as we have seen, do nothing to elevate Democratic hopes in the rural areas.
These positions make it more possible for them to win, but we're beyond the era where they can use them to win in deep red areas.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2019, 09:50:21 PM »

These positions make it more possible for them to win, but we're beyond the era where they can use them to win in deep red areas.

That's the point I've been trying to make. Taking these kinds of stances on these issues can improve their prospects, but nowhere near enough for victory, and in the modern era, even these stances are proving to be less effective. We saw that with Edwards' collapse in the rural areas, in the jungle primary.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2019, 03:30:18 AM »

Yeah, suburbs are not all the same
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2019, 03:33:23 AM »

Definitely Rispone:

Morrissey and Kobach are horrible candidates who have only themselves to blame. Rispone on the other hand is pretty impressive
El Betico
Rookie
Spain

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2019, 04:58:11 PM »

Edwards 53-47
Gracile
gracile
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2019, 05:03:10 PM »

Rispone, but I think it will be a pretty narrow 50.5-49.5 victory.
elephantower
Rookie
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 05:48:12 PM »

Rispone 53.5 JBE 46.5
There's just no plausible story for JBE to get votes that went GOP 1st round with trump constantly doing rallies
jamestroll
jamespol
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 11:39:26 PM »

Rispone 53.5 JBE 46.5
There's just no plausible story for JBE to get votes that went GOP 1st round with trump constantly doing rallies

Was this meant to be a parody?

Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2019, 01:27:34 PM »

Uh, Edwards is leading in every nonpartisan poll, folks.

Rispone doesn't have a chance.

Two words: Trump. Rallies.
Three words: Bad. Hot. Takes.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies