Rate Kentucky (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:44:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rate Kentucky (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Rate the Kentucky Governor race
Lean Beshear

Toss-up/Tilt Beshear

Toss-up/Tilt Bevin

Lean Bevin

Likely Bevin

Safe Bevin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 122

Author Topic: Rate Kentucky  (Read 4054 times)
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« on: October 28, 2019, 08:58:25 PM »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Kentucky_gubernatorial_election#Results_3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Kentucky_gubernatorial_election

based on the 2015 results vs polling, (add 1 to the D percentage in the Mason-Dixon poll to get the D percentage, third party percentage mostly overestimated, undecideds largely break R) I predict that the 2019 KY Gubernatorial results will approximately be....

Matt Bevin: 51%
Andy Beshear: 47%
Lolbertarian: 2%

Gary Johnson got around 3% in the 2016 Presidential election in Kentucky, I speculate that it'll naturally be less in an off-year election but Bevin's unpopularity might mean I'm underestimating it this time around.

I'm confident in predicting that Beshear will only get around 47%, could be a point higher or lower. I'm guessing the lolbertarian will get at least 1%. High point for the GOP is something like Beshear 46%, Bevin 53%, Lolbertarian 1%.

High point for the D's is something like Beshear 48%, Bevin 48%, Lolbertarian 4%

I have my faith that THE DON will bring 'unpopular, controversial' Bevin to victory!

Interesting thing to note is that Bruce Rauner also was an unpopular governor yet he managed to get around the same margin Trump did in 2016. I don't recall what his approval rating was in Illinois in 2018, but it does show that Bevin should be able to outperform his approval rating by a decent amount.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies