The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:53:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14
Author Topic: The Truman Tavern of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners 33 1/3: The Final Insult  (Read 21060 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2020, 06:04:26 AM »

I'm pro-containing this horrifying (from both sides) debate to your side of the Atlantic

See thread for context.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2020, 03:36:07 PM »

Interestingly, both agree that Marshall is at 43%, which is:

a) What Kobach got
b) Not where a Republican in Kansas should be at the beginning of October

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2020, 06:55:36 PM »

Interestingly, both agree that Marshall is at 43%, which is:

a) What Kobach got
b) Not where a Republican in Kansas should be at the beginning of October

Sir, this is a Arby’s
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2020, 07:24:19 PM »

Context:

Did he cut off his balls after writing this?
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #79 on: October 03, 2020, 04:03:44 AM »

This is such a cucked out move. Instead Biden should replace his existing negative ads with new ones blasting Trump for holding a fundraiser while he knew he was at risk.

All the Democrats have is hate, hate, hate.

This you?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2020, 07:52:27 PM »

Well, Oklahoma is a s**thole so I'm glad you are agreeing that Donald Trump's actions are morally reprehensible and look forward to your endorsement of Joe Biden.

Joe Biden's position on abortion is morally reprehensible.

Kamala Harris's endorsement of continuing unrest in our streets is morally reprehensible, as is her position on abortion.

I'm voting for Trump and I'm asking others to.  The latter is something I didn't do in 2016. 

Anybody who votes for Trump is morally reprehensible.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2020, 07:25:25 AM »

This isnt the end of it, every 10 or 20 yrs, there are Armageddon threats, we have had the Tsunami Katrina, followed by the oil spill, followed by Pandemic and the last Armageddon is the asteroid; consequently,  asteroids are pulled closer and closer, by gravity,  to our planet due to global warming.  The asteroid is in itself global warming.  We must get prepared,  between now and 22 nd century, its expected to hit
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2020, 03:29:43 PM »

If Obama - Trump areas like this are (even narrolwy) going Biden, Trump is beyond finished. To say nothing of the even stronger swings we're going to see in upscale, educated burbs
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2020, 05:34:00 PM »

I'm so confused about what the story is at this point. China? I thought we were in Ukraine!?

Hunter Biden's emails are the If on a Winter's Night a Traveler of ginned-up scandals.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2020, 04:50:06 PM »

Imagine using that green jacket lady meme in 2020

Also imagine thinking that being upset with Trump’s presidency is bad or cringe lol

It's cringe when it's 24/7/365.

Trump is a bad president 24/7/365
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2020, 05:37:42 AM »

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #86 on: October 26, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »

Imagine a hundred years into the future trying to understand the current politics of The United States. One party wanted to give better healthcare to its citizens and reverse environmental degradation that threatens hospitable life for everyone on this planet. The other party was really upset about "wokeness".
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2020, 08:15:19 PM »

Trump needs to prove it with real evidence or he needs to shut up. He doesn't have the right to attack our democracy and to divide this country. I'll say the same thing about the far left and their behavior this summer but Trump is ripping this country apart.

Prove it or I'll probably never vote for a Trump in the future. Idiots.
Former Dean Phillips Supporters for Haley (I guess???!?) 👁️
The Impartial Spectator
Junior Chimp

« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »

SCOTUS will declare all mail in ballots unconstitutional. Among other news, the moon is blue, and cows are jumping from earth over it back to earth, and Western Ohio will sink in the Arctic.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »

The Master of all Simple Truths:

I am getting really tired of this idea that simply lacking a university degree automatically makes you "working class"
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2020, 04:31:45 PM »

This is kind of stupid, but right now I am imagining hypothetical-S019 entering a debate about abortion and saying "hrumph if we just banned sex, there would never be abortions again"

Or, you know we stop pandering to the right on every single social issue in existence. The southern deplorables can cry all they want that we both made the nation safer and allowed women the same freedom to make healthcare decisions as men have. Their sexism and reactionary views should not be holding us back from progress.
You telling me trans men have easier times getting abortions than cis women?
Also wish I could make a healthcare decision
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2020, 02:14:28 PM »

I've long held negative opinions about Justice Alito, but this rant attacking everything that opposes right-wing conservative orthodoxy is quite something. It definitely reinstates my fears about him as the most frightening and dangerous Justice on the Court.

Some excerpts from this article:
He complained about lawmaking by an “elite group of appointed experts,” citing not just COVID rules but the entire regulatory framework of the federal government.

Alito also warned of a broader, ongoing assault on religious liberty. “In certain corners,” he alleged, “religious liberty is fast becoming a disfavored right.”

Alito also disparaged Washington state for requiring pharmacies to provide emergency contraception—which, he claimed, “destroys an embryo after fertilization.”

The justice then complained that the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage ruling had crushed the free speech rights of anti-LGBTQ advocates by subjecting them to public criticism

There's a video for everything he said. I would've thought a sitting Justice would have more restraint, but that's clearly not the case here. He really makes no illusions as to how he'll rule in any case regarding the subjects he mentioned. Justices decide for themselves when they choose to recuse themselves.

Aledo has long been up there with Thomas as one of the worst Supreme Court justices in many decades.

I may disagree very strongly with Thomas, but he does have a very clear set of principles. For him, it's simply that it's 1789. Alito didn't even join the majority opinion in Riley v. California, but rather wrote a concurrence that was barely so. He wrote disparagingly about the "blunt instrument of the Fourth Amendment". I've legit been impressed by Justice Thomas on rare occasions. I don't think I've ever thought that about Justice Alito.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2020, 05:27:56 AM »

Bragging rights for Romney if Trump falls below 47.15 (that's what Romney got in 2012, some sites have it at 47.2).

Always loved the irony that Romney got 47%.

Between that and now the 306 table turn, the election gods clearly have a sense of humor.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2020, 06:24:37 PM »

Trump is a vile disgusting piece of sh**t, Go ahead and get me banned bro.

That makes him a freedom fighter then as he has been actively fighting against freedom.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2020, 09:59:30 AM »

Santander on Biden:

Well, we knew he was a gaffe machine. Better than a traitor.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2020, 04:07:50 PM »

Alabama made it clear it didn't want any qualified candidate. It wanted a candidate to match their intellect.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2020, 01:22:20 PM »

The best thing for Democrats' 2022 chances would've been Trump re-election. The GOP decimation in 2022 would've likely been deep and profound.

Instead, it will likely be a favorable year for Republicans. But that's the price you pay for getting rid of Trump and having the power of the presidency for four years.

You really think D's wanted another 4 yrs of Trump not meeting with Task force and giving tax cuts to millionaires, D's wanted, you are kidding yourself, parties don't lose on purpose to get have a good midterm
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »

The best thing for Democrats' 2022 chances would've been Trump re-election. The GOP decimation in 2022 would've likely been deep and profound.

Instead, it will likely be a favorable year for Republicans. But that's the price you pay for getting rid of Trump and having the power of the presidency for four years.

You really think D's wanted another 4 yrs of Trump not meeting with Task force and giving tax cuts to millionaires, D's wanted, you are kidding yourself, parties don't lose on purpose to get have a good midterm

And that's just a fact.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »

I mean, yeah, this seems pretty obvious.

Since so many people here are making comparisons to China, how many of these people do you think boycott anything made in China in addition to Israel? Why is Israel the only country I hear left wing activists wanting to boycott despite the fact that many countries have worse human rights abuses that we buy products from all the time? There obviously has to be a factor outside of human rights issues that is motivating the boycott then. Gee, I wonder what that could be?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2020, 03:02:20 PM »

The "Muslim ban" Party taking a decisive stand against religious bigotry. On behalf of a colonial apartheid state increasingly comfortable allying with fascists. Pompeo, a stalwart supporter of Trump's clownish coup, is in good company. It wouldn't be much of an exaggeration to say that the political coalitions currently running Israel, Hungary, Poland, and our own version of the white grievance party share a great deal in common, none of it good.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies