What could Edwards have done better
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:32:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  What could Edwards have done better
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What could Edwards have done better  (Read 1288 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2019, 06:00:16 PM »

Nothing.

He signed a uber conservative abortion bill mere months ago.

If that couldn't save him, nothing will.

Wouldn't be surprised if that depressed the liberal democratic vote a bit... sort of like the Kavanaugh-Bredesen debacle.

I doubt Bredesen would’ve done better though even if he had came out against him. Probably slightly worse

No I think he should've stayed out of it completely.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2019, 03:23:46 PM »

If Edwards were a Republican, he would have won the runoff outright with well over 60% of the vote.

If Edwards switched parties, he'd have finished 3rd in the intial race.  Maybe 4th, because he'd be part of a field that would likely have included a prominent black Democrat, or a lesser Democrat.

Buddy Roemer switched parties and lost reelection.  He not only lost to Edwin Edwards; he lost to David Duke (as did Republican Clyde Holloway, who was the establishment GOP's choice).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »

If Edwards were a Republican, he would have won the runoff outright with well over 60% of the vote.

If Edwards switched parties, he'd have finished 3rd in the intial race.  Maybe 4th, because he'd be part of a field that would likely have included a prominent black Democrat, or a lesser Democrat.

Buddy Roemer switched parties and lost reelection.  He not only lost to Edwin Edwards; he lost to David Duke (as did Republican Clyde Holloway, who was the establishment GOP's choice).

I wasn't discussing a party switch. I was stating what the outcome would have been if Edwards were running on the exact same record, as Governor, but were a Republican, not a Democrat.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2019, 04:19:51 PM »

I wasn't discussing a party switch. I was stating what the outcome would have been if Edwards were running on the exact same record, as Governor, but were a Republican, not a Democrat.

True enough.  But if he had always been a Republican, he may not have won in the first place, unless he had a very different outlook on issues.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies