Vice Presidential Debate Debating Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:41:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vice Presidential Debate Debating Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vice Presidential Debate Debating Thread  (Read 1312 times)
Don Vito Corleone
bruhgmger2
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -5.91

« on: October 12, 2019, 01:38:46 PM »

I would like to thank Thumb for inviting me here and I would like to wish all the other candidates here a good evening.

Someone once pointed out to me the responsibilities of the Vice President are almost entirely legislative, and so my experience as Secretary of State would not provide a good launching pad. And it’s true, yes, I do not possess much in the way of legislative experience, especially in comparison to the other candidates gathered here. One might ask what I bring to the table or how I expect to be a successful Vice President. To those who ask these questions and wonder how I will be effective, I will point to my excellent relations with many people on both sides of the aisle. Despite being a Federalist, when I was running for Fremont Parliament, I was endorsed by none other than the sitting chair of the Labor Party as well the sitting Labor Senator for my region and I received almost an even split of votes from Laborites and Feds. Clearly, I have demonstrated the ability to bring people together (and I am happy to say the other half of the ticket shares this ability to bring people together and get things gone; one needs only to look at his tenure as Governor for proof).

However, being able to bring people together for the persuit of an agenda is just one half of the picture. The other half is what’s contained within that agenda, and on that front I am confident in saying the RC/bruhg ticket has the best vision for Atlasia. On top of creating a new department for bringing people into Atlasia, an RC administration would vigorously pursue education reform, healthcare reform, gun control, and would push with all its might to reduce the amount of Atlasians living in poverty.

If you had to ask RC and me why we are running, we would say that we feel the way the system as it is playing out right now is ineffective for the people of this country. It’s time that we work to change the system and its environment. It's time to change the game!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies